Chael Sonnen Apologizes to Anderson Silva on ‘UFC Tonight’ on Fuel TV 03/06/12

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chael Sonnen Apologizes to Anderson Silva on ‘UFC Tonight’ on Fuel TV 03/06/12
prophecy033
3/7/12 1:30:24AM
From the annals of now I've heard everything, here is the "Quote of the Week" from trash-talking king, Chael Sonnen. On the March 6th episode of "UFC Tonight, Chael apologizes to UFC champion, Anderson Silva. "Anderson, over the last several months, I've disparaged your name in an attempt to garner respect and attention for my own. That was wrong and I apologize. My actions were unsportsmanlike, they were uncalled for."

That's deep. Much respect to Chael for apologizing for bullying the champion by ridiculing Anderson in front of everyone. Chael's behavior towards Anderson reminded me of kids on the playground. Anderson can handle himself, of course. But for every kid who was ever bullied by a bigger, louder kid, that has to mean something.

Link
DrivenDavies15
3/7/12 1:39:07AM
Last thing I would have guessed he would say on TV. What I would do to find out what actually goes on in Chael's mind.
tcunningham
3/7/12 2:14:26AM
i dont know if you guys heard the P.S. part so i wont say anything. just make sure you finish the vid.
Adrenaline
3/7/12 3:41:25AM
I read the headline and immediately knew there was a catch.

Here is the video of this "apology"

Sonnen's Apology

warglory
3/7/12 7:45:50AM
Yeah, I don't think the author of the story actually watched the segment.
tallica62
3/7/12 11:04:05AM
this guy confuses the hell out of me...is he schizo or something?
KungFuMaster
3/7/12 11:43:15AM

Posted by Adrenaline

I read the headline and immediately knew there was a catch.

Here is the video of this "apology"

Sonnen's Apology

You ruined it for me by telling me there was a catch but yeah - You can smell something coming during the early part of the segment.

It was still amusing though...
ruyen
3/7/12 11:43:32AM
There's no apology, don't waste your time on the video. It's a Fuel/FX/Fox produced "Apology" for the purpose of hyping the fight. Sonnen "apologizes" then he cuts himself off (complete with cliched record-scratch foley interrupting the cheesy music) and he basically tells Anderson to fuck off.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that Fox and the UFC would not just OK this, but actually spend money producing what is essentially a Chael commercial at the expense of their P4P champ. But that's Fox for you.

I did you a favor, don't waste your time.
Manak
3/7/12 12:05:45PM

Posted by ruyen

There's no apology, don't waste your time on the video. It's a Fuel/FX/Fox produced "Apology" for the purpose of hyping the fight. Sonnen "apologizes" then he cuts himself off (complete with cliched record-scratch foley interrupting the cheesy music) and he basically tells Anderson to fuck off.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that Fox and the UFC would not just OK this, but actually spend money producing what is essentially a Chael commercial at the expense of their P4P champ. But that's Fox for you.

yea it is as the expense of the p4p champ who won't speak english and doesn't do much promo stuff, what else are they suppose to do??? they have a hype machine in chael and will beat it to death because Anderson by him self isnt a seller, to bring more fans you need stuff like this. FOX & UFC didn't sign this contract for normal ratings, they want to blow the rating to the sky
grappler0000
3/7/12 12:23:41PM

Posted by ruyen

Really? I would be disappointed had they not made this video.
Bubbles
3/7/12 1:25:41PM
gartface
3/7/12 1:38:17PM
That was awesome.
TheCatFather
3/7/12 2:35:46PM
I take it he didn't want to get killed as soon as his plane landed in Brazil so he purchased some time until he gets destroyed in the Octagon. What would be cool now is if Anderson just comes out and calls him a bitch lol
george112
3/7/12 2:40:23PM
There is nothing wrong with hyping a fight.

Just makes if more intense when it finally happens.

Fans get into it. They start talking.

It's called publicity. Plain and simple
Chael_Sonnen
3/7/12 3:05:31PM
That deserves two pats on the ass for Andy's wife....Medium Rare with a baked potato!
Poor_Franklin
3/7/12 3:13:28PM

Posted by Manak

Posted by ruyen

yea it is as the expense of the p4p champ who won't speak english and doesn't do much promo stuff, what else are they suppose to do??? they have a hype machine in chael and will beat it to death because Anderson by him self isnt a seller, to bring more fans you need stuff like this. FOX & UFC didn't sign this contract for normal ratings, they want to blow the rating to the sky

bjj1605
3/7/12 4:43:48PM
The guy tries hard to be an entertainer. I'll give him that.

To bad he's better at talking than finishing fights.

WAR ANDERSON!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.- This stunt really wasn't even that funny. He's done much better before. This came across as forced and fake.
Chael_Sonnen
3/7/12 5:14:28PM

Posted by bjj1605

WAR ANDERSON!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.- This stunt really wasn't even that funny. He's done much better before. This came across as forced and fake.

The only thing forced and fake is Andy stuffing down a Whopper from BK.
Adrenaline
3/7/12 8:06:37PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by bjj1605

WAR ANDERSON!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing forced and fake is Andy stuffing down a Whopper from BK.

Good to have you back Uncle Chael, its just not been the same without you.
prophecy033
3/8/12 2:04:30AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

That deserves two pats on the ass for Andy's wife....Medium Rare with a baked potato!

Where the hell have you been?