Chael Sonnen: 'Anderson Silva revealed yet another weakness for me to exploit in our rematch'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chael Sonnen: 'Anderson Silva revealed yet another weakness for me to exploit in our rematch'
Next Page »
SmileR
2/7/11 10:50:09AM
"Thank you, Anderson, for revealing yet another weakness for me to exploit in our rematch. Beating that poor punching bag doesn't impress Uncle Chael, guy. You tipped your hand like a chump poker player at a $5 table in Atlantic City. You may have beaten Vitor, but in the process, you LOST your edge. By beating that husk, you gave me the last page of your playbook. Revel in your time, [because] it ENDS the night you face me. I will mow you down like autumn wheat, AGAIN."

Link
BigIP
2/7/11 11:18:00AM
Chael's just trying to remain relevant. He's afraid he might have to wait until Silva GSP to get a rematch. So he's hyping himself again.
scoozna
2/7/11 11:22:00AM
The article asks the question "Does anyone care about Silva/Sonnen 2". Hell yes. I don't know if Sonnen truly sees a new weakness in Silva or not, but he damn near beat the champ, and he could damn well could do it again (if he could stay away from banned substances and money laundering long enough).

I wholeheartedly believe that it is a 'second chance' that the matchmakers at the UFC will be happy to make.
gartface
2/7/11 11:49:10AM

Posted by scoozna

The article asks the question "Does anyone care about Silva/Sonnen 2". Hell yes. I don't know if Sonnen truly sees a new weakness in Silva or not, but he damn near beat the champ, and he could damn well could do it again (if he could stay away from banned substances and money laundering long enough).

I wholeheartedly believe that it is a 'second chance' that the matchmakers at the UFC will be happy to make.

I sure as hell want to see it. I love his trash talk. He's one of the best in the business in that regard. I may be in the minority, I just enjoy hearing what comes out of his mouth. It's mostly funny to me.
kopower
2/7/11 11:50:39AM
It took me awhile, but I am officially sick of hearing Sonnen talk.
tallica62
2/7/11 11:53:28AM
Sonnen go to the WWF if you're gonna keep this up...its too comical.

Makes me wonder if Silva went 5 rounds with him because he literally was refusing to end the fight in anything other than a submission...for Sonnens Nogueira comments...was Silva willing to lose a decision or even get KOd jsut to prove his point? which he did?

if that really is the truth...Silva is even better than he gets credit for

and I think Segal is the new Chuck Norris
Sam_Rothstein
2/7/11 12:21:45PM
Say what you want about the guy but who else wants to even fight Silva?

It's not like people are jumping in line get into the ring with this guy.
Sam_Rothstein
2/7/11 12:22:44PM

Posted by tallica62

Makes me wonder if Silva went 5 rounds with him because he literally was refusing to end the fight in anything other than a submission...for Sonnens Nogueira comments...was Silva willing to lose a decision or even get KOd jsut to prove his point? which he did?

You got anymore weed or did you smoke it all? LOL
machodog76
2/7/11 12:39:37PM

Nope just a fat guy with a pony tail and a hankerin for Tai girls.
gartface
2/7/11 1:10:50PM

Posted by machodog76

And a ridiculous martial arts pedigree.
Chael_Sonnen
2/7/11 1:19:28PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

It's not like anyone is getting in line to fight Chael as well.....you never hear fighters calling out Chael wanting to fight him.....would love to see a rematch...not holding my breath anytime soon though.
Boo_Radley21
2/7/11 1:24:05PM
Not again...someone needs to shut him up. Even losing didn't humble him one bit. Neither did getting suspended. Or getting in trouble with the law. I don't think he'll ever stop running his mouth. Silva should KO him this time
SpiderSilva
2/7/11 1:49:50PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

It's not like anyone is getting in line to fight Chael as well.....you never hear fighters calling out Chael wanting to fight him.....would love to see a rematch...not holding my breath anytime soon though.

lol sonnen is gonna have to win some fights to get a rematch I'm sure maia wouldn't mind a rematch with sonnen hell i would like to see paulharris v sonnen.Silva would beat sonnen faster in the rematch sonnen head is getting too big he is funny though
chickmagnet
2/7/11 2:08:44PM
Wayne Weems by tko...........
tallica62
2/7/11 2:26:33PM

You got anymore weed or did you smoke it all? LOL

yes I do..what is your address?

I can dream, cant I?
JoeWarren33
2/7/11 2:56:57PM

It took me awhile, but I am officially sick of hearing Sonnen talk.

Couldn't agree anymore!
Props to you!
sbulldavid
2/7/11 3:08:55PM
now I can't get that irritable nasal sound of Chael out of my head
jay98107
2/7/11 3:09:25PM
Blah blah blah, I don't care what he says until he addresses the post fight drug test from his last fight with Anderson, which was a loss if he forgot.
BeeR
2/7/11 3:30:15PM
legal and personal issues aside, i freakin love chael sonnen.
I love his trash talk, and I HATE trash talkers.
Sir_Karl
2/7/11 3:43:28PM
Chael doesn't know when to shut up but I do believe he is still relevant as he whooped Anderson for 5 rounds. Weather he was juiced or not it doesn't matter. I think he could pass a test and do it again...maybe this time even finish Silva. Chael has a tough time finishing people though. Chael is still in the top 3 MWs in the UFC in my eyes.
Cooler
2/7/11 3:46:02PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Why should anyone get in line for a cheater?
kopower
2/7/11 4:10:26PM

Posted by tallica62

Sonnen go to the WWF if you're gonna keep this up...its too comical.

I think Silva did say something in the countdown show saying that's exactly what he wanted to do because of the comment Chael made about Nog's pedigree.
warglory
2/7/11 4:29:20PM
Chael didn't cheat, he was on hormone therapy which was approved for 2009 by the athletic commissions, but did not get clearance for 2010. It was a stupid mistake, but he wasn't "juicing."

Chael whooped Anderson and make a calculated mistake against a BJJ expert...it happens. Almost the same scenario happened to Fedor too, but I don't see people saying people are going to walk all over him.
machodog76
2/7/11 4:35:37PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by machodog76

And a ridiculous martial arts pedigree.

I guess you have me there, but I'd like to see him try that arm breaking move on Norris. No way it works against Bradock. Norris FTW!
FastKnockout
2/7/11 4:40:15PM
Hahahhahahahaha. This reminds me of Kevin Hart's stand up when he was talking about his dad getting an ass beating then talking like he won.

(Dad jumps up after ass beating)

"You good? huh? You good now"

"Um, no, Dad. I think he's supposed to say that. That's the winner's line. You just lay back down, I think you got up too fast anyway, your gonna be dizzy."

Sonnen and his fans can talk all the **** they want, but a fight is a fight. I don't know what is worse, Sonnen's excuses or Koscheck's "If he didn't land that punch and break my eye" speech. He keeps talking about Silva's weakness, yet when he did manage to take control of it during their fight, he couldn't finish for 24 minutes! Silva didn't have a scratch on him yet Sonnen landed over 100 strikes! Then boom, when Silva took control over Sonnen's triangle choke weakness, it took Silva less than 30 seconds to finish.

Just shut up **** up, Chael.

gartface
2/7/11 4:43:24PM

Posted by warglory

Chael didn't cheat, he was on hormone therapy which was approved for 2009 by the athletic commissions, but did not get clearance for 2010. It was a stupid mistake, but he wasn't "juicing."

Chael whooped Anderson and make a calculated mistake against a BJJ expert...it happens. Almost the same scenario happened to Fedor too, but I don't see people saying people are going to walk all over him.

This. Minus the Patriots AV.
papercut
2/7/11 4:58:23PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by warglory

This. Minus the Patriots AV.

Xs 2
TeamDEY
2/7/11 5:09:03PM
I just don't understand why people like Chael. I mean he talks crap about legends like Wanderlei and Nog, he said something about Lance Armstrong and how he cheated (because he has room to talk). Then he was charged with a crime. It baffles me that chael has fans, I absolutely have no respect for him as a fighter. To get respect as a fighter you need to be respected for your character, Chael's character really shows what kind of a "guy" he really is. Give him Wanderlie....he will expose Chael's weakness.
DevonFoxy
2/7/11 5:14:02PM
...wheres the off button on this guy?
BlueSkiesBurn
2/7/11 5:20:17PM

Posted by TeamDEY
It baffles me that chael has fans, I absolutely have no respect for him as a fighter. To get respect as a fighter you need to be respected for your character, Chael's character really shows what kind of a "guy" he really is.

I think you're confused. To get respect as a fighter you just need to beat people's asses. You can be the biggest dick in world if you want. (Not saying Sonnen is, just a blanket statement). Character has absolutely ZERO to do with one's ability to fight.

Personally, I have no problem with Sonnen. I find his statements funny. People act like Sonnen is the ONLY person calling Lance a cheater. Hell, the more and more that comes out against Armstrong I'm becoming convinced that he was a roider. There's just too much damning evidence against Armstrong for something NOT to be fishy.

People who are calling Sonnen a cheater and a roider are sorely misinformed about what Sonnen actually did. As Warglory pointed out, Sonnen had a legit medical prescription, but didn't file the right paperwork. It's not like he was shooting juice in his ass in some alley.

I'm not a Sonnen nuthugger and probably never will be, but his character isn't going to make me say the dude can't fight. Sonnen may have lost, but he took a previously, (seemingingly), impossible to beat fighter and made him look less like a god and more like a mortal. That's going to get my respect more than anything the dude does out of the Octagon.
Pages: [1] 2 3