Chael_Sonnen!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chael_Sonnen!
FastKnockout
5/30/12 6:44:40PM
I'll just leave this here.

Chael_Sonnen
5/30/12 10:30:05PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (wake me when it gets funny)
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
ghandikush
5/31/12 2:13:33AM
wake up
jakewalters
5/31/12 7:14:35AM
to quote chael's recent rap single

"I broke the mirror, and blew away the smoke.
It was me who tapped, but it was you who broke."

prozacnation1978
5/31/12 9:39:08AM
Funny picture
spang714
5/31/12 9:45:18AM
I gotta feelin that the lead up to this fight is gonna get real interesting.....

I do feel privileged that the one and only Chael Perfection Sonnen himself posts in the playground forum...thanks champ for letting me post here in your forum
Michael_Corleone
5/31/12 12:00:59PM
Oh my god, I can't believe you did it Chael!
You dominated 4 rounds and still managed to FAIL!
FastKnockout
5/31/12 2:13:19PM

Posted by jakewalters

to quote chael's recent rap single

"I broke the mirror, and blew away the smoke.
It was me who tapped, but it was you who broke."

FastKnockout
5/31/12 2:17:32PM

Chael_Sonnen
5/31/12 9:20:22PM
Hurt ribs and hurt knee
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Chael_Sonnen
5/31/12 9:21:06PM
C'mon Andy! You should know better!!!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Chael_Sonnen
5/31/12 9:21:55PM
Plaaleeezzz Andy, cut out the fast food while training!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
ghandikush
5/31/12 10:59:27PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Hurt ribs and hurt knee

Funny smile after losing to a crippled man while roiding spectacularly.
ghandikush
5/31/12 11:00:43PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Plaaleeezzz Andy, cut out the fast food while training!!!

Out of shape the first time too, good old Chael steak and roids.
jakewalters
5/31/12 11:30:50PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Hurt ribs and hurt knee

Not steroids, elevated T/E ratio. VERY different. Chael will do the same thing for this fight, but he's gotten a therapeutic use exemption.

Can't wait to see Chael pound Anderson's face into the ground for five rounds... again. God that UFC Trailer is epic.
lohmann
6/1/12 12:26:19AM

Posted by jakewalters

Not steroids, elevated T/E ratio. VERY different. Chael will do the same thing for this fight, but he's gotten a therapeutic use exemption.

Can't wait to see Chael pound Anderson's face into the ground for five rounds... again. God that UFC Trailer is epic.

Synthetic testosterone is an anabolic steroid.
jakewalters
6/1/12 2:32:44AM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by jakewalters

Yes, technically. But not in the context the other guy was using it in. Saying Chael is "roiding like crazy" is a bit dishonest. Sonnen has a legit medical excuse to receive testosterone replacement, and has gotten permission from the NSAC to do so for his rematch against Silva.
jakewalters
6/1/12 2:35:29AM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by jakewalters

Also, an elevated T/E ratio is not a positive test for synthetic testosterone. You can have a natural elevated T/E ratio, but obviously it's very rare for it to naturally peak over 4:1 apparently.

Also playing devil's advocate here, because obviously Sonnen wasn't hitting 16:1 naturally. But you can't say he tested positive for any drugs.
Pookie
6/1/12 4:20:14AM

Posted by jakewalters
You can have a natural elevated T/E ratio, but obviously it's very rare for it to naturally peak over 4:1 apparently.

It's very rare to have a 2:1 ratio.

Posted by jakewalters

But he'll also have 1/3 the active testosterone in his body during the fight. Plus, who knows how much less in training if there's any threat of pre-fight drug testing. Because you know if a guy tests at 16.9:1 during the fight, that's still the cycled off number, and during his training it was, in all probability, way higher.
Adrenaline
6/1/12 5:16:02AM
It always amuses me to watch people bring up the testosterone issue and use it as the go to excuse why Sonnen had so much success, let alone any success against Anderson as if it was the only reason he survived the first 10 seconds let alone 4.5 rounds.

As a fan of both fighters its obvious to me, Sonnen is just a bad matchup for Anderson, elevated T/E or not. There is no doubt that being amped out of your mind on testosterone is an advantage and surely played some part in the fight but it doesn't erase the fact that Sonnen has always fought the same way (read even when he didn't fail a test) He comes forward relentlessly and puts people on their asses. Sonnen has absolutely steam rolled fighters with better takedown defense than Anderson so why it was such a super human feat surely due solely to "steroids" to take Anderson, who has pretty average TDD down at will is beyond me. To put it simply, on a bad day, with a negative testosterone level, I would pick Sonnen's takedown over Anderson's TDD any day. And that's not a knock on Anderson really either, there are not many people that can stop his shot.

I'd would dare say that Anderson's rib injury (if you believe it) played a bigger part than the T/E issue. Anderson is usually a counterstriker and uses that insane accuracy and speed to his advantage, against a guy like Sonnen who applies constant pressure in the form of wrestling (i.e. strikers who charge Anderson tend to get KTFO) he was going to need to be on the top of his game to launch an attack before Sonnen inevitably took him down and a rib injury is going to definitely throw that off. Anderson is in his sweet spot when fighters try to exchange with him, Sonnen doesn't really do that, he throws shots to set up the takedown and wasn't going to leave windows to be countered so Anderson really needed to be on his game to pick Sonnen apart on the way in.

The way I see it, unless Anderson has drastically improved his TDD, he is going to get put on his butt again. The question is, will a healthy Anderson vs a testosterone neutral Sonnen be able to deliver the death blow before he is taken down? If not, he is going to get ridden hard again and I have a feeling that Sonnen will play it a little safer if it goes to later rounds this time. If anyone can end a fight in a spectacular fashion though, its Anderson so thats why I am amped for this fight.

Just hope it lives up to the hype
Chael_Sonnen
6/1/12 11:39:11AM

Can't wait to see Chael_Sonnen pound Ghandikush's face into the ground like he does on a daily basis.

Thank you
ghandikush
6/1/12 11:27:13PM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Hurt ribs and hurt knee

Elevated how high?
bjj1605
6/2/12 12:40:32AM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by lohmann

Posted by jakewalters

Also, an elevated T/E ratio is not a positive test for synthetic testosterone. You can have a natural elevated T/E ratio, but obviously it's very rare for it to naturally peak over 4:1 apparently.

Also playing devil's advocate here, because obviously Sonnen wasn't hitting 16:1 naturally. But you can't say he tested positive for any drugs.

You ABSOLUTELY can say that he tested positive for drugs.

He did not have a legitimate reason to be using testosterone or else he wouldn't have gotten in trouble for doing it.

He was using testosterone as a PED (it is a steroid btw, so its a bit silly to get hung up on that word) and he got caught.

After he got caught for using PEDs he tried to make excuses. Pro athletes never do that right??

He had a 16:1 ratio. That is absolutely absurd. He was cheating and he still lost.

He's going to lose even worse this time around.
Pookie
6/2/12 3:18:22AM

Posted by bjj1605

He did not have a legitimate reason to be using testosterone or else he wouldn't have gotten in trouble for doing it.

He had a 16:1 ratio. That is absolutely absurd.

Well actually, even with an exemption by the NSAC he still would have gotten in trouble for doing it, since he tested so incredibly and blatantly higher than the exemption allows.

Not to mention that the amount allowed is already incredibly and blatantly higher than human's will produce naturally, but thats a different argument altogether.
grappler0000
6/4/12 1:12:04AM

Posted by bjj1605

Actually, you can't. You can infer it, but that's it. It's like saying testing positive for pregnancy is the same as failing an abstinence test. It's like saying your house alarm going off means there was a burglary. Not the same. Cause vs effect. There is no absolute that can be drawn between the two based on the test results.
Kpro
6/4/12 2:25:18AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by bjj1605

Actually, you can't. You can infer it, but that's it. It's like saying testing positive for pregnancy is the same as failing an abstinence test. It's like saying your house alarm going off means there was a burglary. Not the same. Cause vs effect. There is no absolute that can be drawn between the two based on the test results.

I was trying to think of the best way to put it but you already did
jakewalters
6/4/12 3:55:30AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by bjj1605

Went to prop you but instead...