Chael Sonnen

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Chael Sonnen
ThaAxeMurderer7
6/26/08 2:57:05AM
So I'm over at UFC.com and I'm taking a look at the roster of middleweights and thinking of a good first opponent for Amir and I see Chael Sonnen's name in there. So I started looking around to see if there were any other WEC guys like Paulo Filho, Urijah Faber, Carlos Condit, Jens Pulver and I can't seem to find any other WEC fighters. Did I miss something? Did Chael move from the WEC to the UFC? It's just weird that only his name was mixed in with the UFC guys.
jiujitsufreak74
6/26/08 3:04:25AM
well i think i can answer your question. Chael is listed on the roster because he has fought in the UFC 3 times in the past. he was featured in UFC 55, UFN 14 and UFC 60. he went 1-2 losing to Horn and Babalu and defeating Trever Prangley.
ThaAxeMurderer7
6/26/08 3:08:04AM
Haha thanks. I feel like a dumbass
juanez13
6/26/08 12:09:37PM
yea almost all the guys that fought at least one time in the UFC, that are now currently in the WEC are shown in the roster (also guys that have fought the are sown too), like Jeff curran LINK to jeff currans profile in the UFC

and also, you are wrong about the rest of the guys

Fabers UFC profile

Jens Pulver Profile

Paulo Fihlo

etc.....

actually now that i look at it, every WEC guy has a profile, only thing is that you cant find them in the fighter list, you have to go through them by their opponents, Example: go to Jens pulvers profile, from there you see his opponents, and you can click on Cub swanson , than Micah Miller, and so on.
RiseUp21
6/26/08 12:17:41PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

well i think i can answer your question. Chael is listed on the roster because he has fought in the UFC 3 times in the past. he was featured in UFC 55, UFN 14 and UFC 60. he went 1-2 losing to Horn and Babalu and defeating Trever Prangley.

that doesnt really answer the question, though... i'm sure its just a mistake on the UFC's part, leaving sonnen on their site because your explanation would also have jens' name still on the roster.

i do think chael is finally ready for the ufc now, though.. depending who he gets put against. i mean, yeah.. he's only 2-1 in the WEC and 1-2 in the UFC, but look who he's lost to. he was one of babalus victims in a 10 fight winning streak preceeded and followed by fights with liddell, and he lost to jeremy horn who was fighting for liddells belt less than a year prior. those were at 205, obviously, and his sole loss in the WEC was VERY controversial (and i'd argue he would of won, had it not been called a verbal submission) to the #2 185lber in the world.
RiseUp21
6/26/08 12:20:18PM

Posted by juanez13

yea almost all the guys that fought at least one time in the UFC, that are now currently in the WEC are shown in the roster (also guys that have fought the are sown too), like Jeff curran LINK to jeff currans profile in the UFC

and also, you are wrong about the rest of the guys

Fabers UFC profile

Jens Pulver Profile

Paulo Fihlo

etc.....

actually now that i look at it, every WEC guy has a profile, only thing is that you cant find them in the fighter list, you have to go through them by their opponents, Example: go to Jens pulvers profile, from there you see his opponents, and you can click on Cub swanson , than Micah Miller, and so on.

whoops.. i just went with what the thread starter said. cant access ufc.com from work.