Chael Sonnen out of UFC 147. UFC 145 Main Event changed to Henderson/Evans. Light-Heavyweight Championship bout - Silva/Jones bout in the works for UFC 147

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chael Sonnen out of UFC 147. UFC 145 Main Event changed to Henderson/Evans. Light-Heavyweight Championship bout - Silva/Jones bout in the works for UFC 147
Next Page »
jjeans
4/1/12 5:45:19AM
Chael Sonnen has been forced out of his UFC bout in Brazil due to unforeseen circumstances. Instead of a replacement been sort the UFC Match-Maker Joe Silva had a better idea.

Instead of the UFC 145 been headlined by Light-Heavyweight Championship fight between Jon "Bones" Jones and "Suga" Rashad Evans. Evans now finds himself in a number 1 contender match with Dan Henderson. The UFC 147 fight will now be a UFC superfight between Jon "Bones" Jones and Anderson "The Spider" Silva for the UFC Light-Heavyweight Championship.

The ground breaking news came in from this LINK here

Wallass
4/1/12 6:51:47AM
Bro, you got me hook line and sinker, lol well done.
pmoney
4/1/12 7:26:24AM

Posted by Wallass

Bro, you got me hook line and sinker, lol well done.

I finally got to use that emoticon...

I should have known something was up! I was reading that long ass headline and was like "WTF that makes no sense". It's 4:20am here, so I'm all high and tired. I'm passing out now lol
warglory
4/1/12 10:17:05AM
Damn....that got me worked up. Good prank!
TeamDEY
4/1/12 11:16:54AM
hahahahaha.... you are so cruel. I was about to freaking lose it haha. Great one
Rabi
4/1/12 11:22:49AM
1 word, Bastard!
Bubbles
4/1/12 12:38:42PM
prozacnation1978
4/1/12 12:44:12PM
You suck
I almost Shit my pants cause i am flying across country to Atlanta for the fight
Twenty20Dollars
4/1/12 12:51:46PM
What really got me was it was in the news form.

Edit: Now that I read the full, title that gives it away.

Silva/Jones never going to happen as well as Silva/GSP never going to happen.
shaneTpain
4/1/12 12:59:13PM
you motherfucker
prophecy033
4/1/12 1:04:19PM

Posted by shaneTpain

you motherfucker

BuffaloDave
4/1/12 1:19:26PM
Well played Jay!! I started reading the title, half way through it, I brought up another tab to go look on mmajunkie, because we know if it's reported there than it is true, as I'm about to type mmajunkie into the address bar, I was like shit this is an April Fool's joke.

tepid55
4/1/12 1:44:28PM
Can a mod please take this thread out of the news forum?
BuffaloDave
4/1/12 2:00:18PM

Posted by tepid55

Can a mod please take this thread out of the news forum?

Oh look a Debbie Downer.

Can a mod please leave this up, at least until the evening.
Budgellism
4/1/12 2:07:46PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Well played Jay!! I started reading the title, half way through it, I brought up another tab to go look on mmajunkie, because we know if it's reported there than it is true, as I'm about to type mmajunkie into the address bar, I was like shit this is an April Fool's joke.

Lol, I did the same thing. Well done Jay.

Also, why take it down? It's April Fool's Day. Why not have some fun with it for the day?
cowcatcher
4/1/12 2:08:23PM
Since I bit, I planned on leaving it up for awhile so others have to suffer as well. It's just a joke, so I don't have a problem with it being up. If there are others out there that don't like it being up PM me and I'll take it from there. Just don't start flaming each other in here, remember it's just a joke and that not everyone finds every joke funny.
casketcoin
4/1/12 2:26:38PM
never believed it
george112
4/1/12 2:29:21PM
Franklinfan47
4/1/12 2:55:58PM
Jay, you sneaky bastard!

I'll get you for this one.
Cooler
4/1/12 3:17:14PM
Sad thing is I was looking forward more to Jones/Silva or Jones/Hendo than the actual matchups in reality. Rashad needs to just get knocked out by Machida again so his padded record can finally be exposed again.
Edwards
4/1/12 3:22:24PM
got me big time lmao, good joke
rush13
4/1/12 3:28:01PM
I was almost ready to ejaculate...u sick sick bastard lol
DrivenDavies15
4/1/12 3:56:29PM
LOL nice one, got me good
Bubbles
4/1/12 4:17:44PM

Posted by Cooler

Sad thing is I was looking forward more to Jones/Silva or Jones/Hendo than the actual matchups in reality. Rashad needs to just get knocked out by Machida again so his padded record can finally be exposed again.

padded? you have got to be shitting me. Besides Tito, who was a last minute replacement, the last guy he fought who wasn't a top 10 was Bisping. How in the hell is that padded?
Cooler
4/1/12 4:19:29PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Cooler

padded? you have got to be shitting me. Besides Tito, who was a last minute replacement, the last guy he fought who wasn't a top 10 was Bisping. How in the hell is that padded?

lol, I'm referring to the UFC padding records to make them look better, ala Serra, Rashad, Guillard etc.
Twenty20Dollars
4/1/12 5:10:12PM
I believed the Sonned being out part.
bjj1605
4/1/12 5:34:11PM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Cooler

lol, I'm referring to the UFC padding records to make them look better, ala Serra, Rashad, Guillard etc.

He knows what you're referring to.

He's disagreeing with you.

Rashad's record is not padded.
Shawn91111
4/1/12 7:09:31PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Cooler

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Cooler

He knows what you're referring to.

He's disagreeing with you.

Rashad's record is not padded.

I think he is referring too that Evans record is 17-1-1, but the UFC has it at 22-1-1, they have done this to other fighters as well.

Im guessing thats what Cooler is speaking of
Poor_Franklin
4/1/12 7:10:46PM
got me.
Kpro
4/1/12 7:12:46PM
DCRage just banned you.
Pages: [1] 2