Chael Sonnen 'Done With Anderson Silva', Wants GSP, Jon Jones, dos Santos Next

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chael Sonnen 'Done With Anderson Silva', Wants GSP, Jon Jones, dos Santos Next
Next Page »
FastKnockout
12/23/11 4:18:44PM
On Friday, Chael Sonnen returns to the program he walked off last month, claiming he is done with Anderson Silva and after his fight on January 28th with Mark Munoz, he wants either Georges St. Pierre, Jon Jones or Junior dos Santos in a title match next.

Sonnen will appear on TSN's Off The Record with Michael Landsberg at 5 PM EST and a preview clip released today has the top middleweight claiming his pursuit of the current UFC Middleweight Champion is over.

"I'm done with the guy. He and I have no business. He's cold product. He's like jheri curls and Pepsi Clear. He's yesterday's news. I destroyed this guy back when he was tough. That was years ago. He's so far over the hill and so far past his prime that it's not worth talking about.

I'm going to become the No. 1 contender on January 28th and despite what you may think, I'm not going to use that voucher to fight Anderson Silva. I'll be looking at (Jon) Jones, (Junior) dos Santos and possibly (Georges) St. Pierre. I will take that voucher to Dana White and pick one of those three guys. My time with Anderson is done."

LINK
FastKnockout
12/23/11 4:21:29PM
His entertainment value is diminishing. I don't see him funny anymore.

dos Santos vs. Sonnen would be fun, though.
TheBlackChip
12/23/11 4:59:59PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Chael Sonnen with diminished entertainment value > Every other fighter in the UFC

Seriously, MMA fighters are generally horrible at hyping fights. I believe part of that is because you are more likely to get your ass kicked and seriously F'd up than in say, boxing. Like the Klitchsko vs Haye match, bunch of talk, no show. Same with Mayweather. Generally MMA matches are the opposite, and that's just one of the many reasons I enjoy them more.

Also, you hear Overeem trying to "threaten" Brock. "I am going to tear this guy limb from limb". What? Is this some sort of cheesy 80s action flick? Is he fighting Frank Deux?
ghandikush
12/23/11 5:15:44PM

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

Chael Sonnen with diminished entertainment value > Every other fighter in the UFC

Seriously, MMA fighters are generally horrible at hyping fights. I believe part of that is because you are more likely to get your ass kicked and seriously F'd up than in say, boxing. Like the Klitchsko vs Haye match, bunch of talk, no show. Same with Mayweather. Generally MMA matches are the opposite, and that's just one of the many reasons I enjoy them more.

Also, you hear Overeem trying to "threaten" Brock. "I am going to tear this guy limb from limb". What? Is this some sort of cheesy 80s action flick? Is he fighting Frank Deux?

No apparently he's fighting Kurt Angle, or at least should rehearse his stupid bullshit. Fighting is about fighting, not WWE antics. You know who could hype up a hell of a fight.... Kimbo. Why dont you go be his fan.

I feel like the UFC is destroying the sport as an art.
jjeans
12/23/11 5:26:11PM
He's never been a person to let the truth get in the way of a good story...

Sorry Chael_Sonnen
quezocrema0032
12/23/11 5:59:24PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

No apparently he's fighting Kurt Angle, or at least should rehearse his stupid bullshit. Fighting is about fighting, not WWE antics. You know who could hype up a hell of a fight.... Kimbo. Why dont you go be his fan.

What you left out of your post is aside from these antics he does fight, very well. Universally accepted as the 2nd best middleweight in the world by every respected ranking on earth. Only fans on this site dont acknoledge that because they dislike him. Let him get his name out there anyway he wants, hes not the first mma fighter to market himself & he won't be the last
TheCatFather
12/23/11 6:29:31PM
Here we go again.....well I believe after he loses to Munoz a fight with Jones would be nice. I don't mind all the hype and shit talking but win something first then talk shit lol This guy is the biggest shit talking "also ran" in the business. From ring girls to Brazilian's, nobody is safe but he hasn't won a UFC title and in the last 2 years he has been surrounded by more scandal then gold so keep talking shit but until you beat a champ for a belt you are nothing.
Aether
12/23/11 6:59:25PM

Posted by TheCatFather

Here we go again.....well I believe after he loses to Munoz a fight with Jones would be nice. I don't mind all the hype and shit talking but win something first then talk shit lol This guy is the biggest shit talking "also ran" in the business. From ring girls to Brazilian's, nobody is safe but he hasn't won a UFC title and in the last 2 years he has been surrounded by more scandal then gold so keep talking shit but until you beat a champ for a belt you are nothing.

Right, until you're a champion of the world you're nothing. MMMMKAY.
JoeWarren33
12/23/11 7:27:30PM

You know who could hype up a hell of a fight.... Kimbo. Why dont you go be his fan.
HUH? Am I confused as everyone else reading this is? Kimbo couldn't hype anything up.

And I think the reason Chael is saying all of this, is because the performance drugs are wearing off, and I think he actually realizes, he is NOT the champion. I think he actually believed he was.
This guy is funny, but I honestly think he just says way to much, and just sounds stupid after listening to him for 5 minutes.
kingsmasher
12/23/11 10:52:57PM
Man let him fight Jon Jones he will definitely regret that...He could beat GSP though...Dos Santos would hurt him too...
ghandikush
12/23/11 10:58:58PM

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

What you left out of your post is aside from these antics he does fight, very well. Universally accepted as the 2nd best middleweight in the world by every respected ranking on earth. Only fans on this site dont acknoledge that because they dislike him. Let him get his name out there anyway he wants, hes not the first mma fighter to market himself & he won't be the last

Are you saying chael was mentioned? I was stating in general my distaste for UFC maketing like fucking Hell in a Cell
Chael_Sonnen
12/24/11 1:01:32AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Doesn't matter if you don't see him to be funny anymore.....as long as he's fighting, he will be putting arses in seats $$$$$$.
bjj1605
12/24/11 2:00:09AM

Posted by quezocrema0032

Only fans on this site dont acknoledge that because they dislike him.

Or.....

Maybe fans on this site are educated. I'm fine with him being ranked number 2. It wouldn't bother me at all because it would be a very short lived reign on top.

Whether you like him or not, his career has been rather unimpressive. He had good performances against Marquardt and Okami and a GREAT performance against Anderson. Thats it. That's literally all he's done.

He's also lost a lot of fights and in the same fashion. A guy with such a glaring weakness doesn't deserve to be at the top and there's no way he can stay there long.

If you ask me, Chael is finally starting to realize that he has zero chance against Anderson in a rematch. He's regretting all of the nonsense spewing out of his mouth.

Let him go pick on the WW GSP. Anderson would chew him up and spit him out.
Chael_Sonnen
12/24/11 10:32:13AM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by quezocrema0032

Or.....

Maybe fans on this site are educated. I'm fine with him being ranked number 2. It wouldn't bother me at all because it would be a very short lived reign on top.

Whether you like him or not, his career has been rather unimpressive. He had good performances against Marquardt and Okami and a GREAT performance against Anderson. Thats it. That's literally all he's done.

He's also lost a lot of fights and in the same fashion. A guy with such a glaring weakness doesn't deserve to be at the top and there's no way he can stay there long.

If you ask me, Chael is finally starting to realize that he has zero chance against Anderson in a rematch. He's regretting all of the nonsense spewing out of his mouth.

The only thing that Anderson is chewing and spitting out is Burger King......Chael regretting? Nah, he's bored for picking a fight with someone that doesn't want to fight back.

After he smashes Munoz, it's time to pick a fight with someone that actually wants to fight back.
Michael_Corleone
12/24/11 10:51:30AM
Mark Munoz is gonna serve up a plate of Donkey Kong and some Humble Pie for dessert on that ass. Can't wait.
cowcatcher
12/24/11 12:42:00PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

And if he didn't hype fights you'd bitch about that. Then you'd bitch about the mat being too blue in the octagon, then you'd bitch that your chair is too small, then you'd bitch about your doritos being too cheesy, then you'd bitch that it's too dark when you turn the lights out, then you'd sleep and dream about bitching some more. At least that's what I'll assume your day goes like based on your posts.
fullfighting
12/24/11 1:16:49PM
Chael is badass. Everyone in here dogging him is just jealous of what a badass/well rounded person he is. he's one of the toughest guys on the planet and he is the smartest man in MMA. His speaking abillity is awesome and 80% of the other fighters are dull as hell when they speak. Have fun listening to boring guys give one word answers in interviews... Tools.
Chael_Sonnen
12/24/11 1:24:44PM

Posted by fullfighting

Chael is badass. Everyone in here dogging him is just jealous of what a badass/well rounded person he is. he's one of the toughest guys on the planet and he is the smartest man in MMA. His speaking abillity is awesome and 80% of the other fighters are dull as hell when they speak. Have fun listening to boring guys give one word answers in interviews... Tools.

How many other 185ers are calling out Chael to fight him? Munoz is saying what he has to, but deep down, he knows he's in big trouble.

Nobody wants to fight Chael, you can call him a tool, a troll, or whatever....the dude can talk smack like no other can also throw down like nobody's business.
Dtime_NBT
12/24/11 2:29:11PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by quezocrema0032

Or.....

He had some good performances in the WEC too.

He beat Filho down pretty good the two times they fought.
bjj1605
12/24/11 4:33:13PM

Posted by Dtime_NBT

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by quezocrema0032

Or.....

He lost to Filho the first time.

I also don't put much weight in those wins because Filho was bat shit crazy at the time.
fullfighting
12/24/11 5:27:07PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Dtime_NBT

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by quezocrema0032

Or.....

He lost to Filho the first time.

I also don't put much weight in those wins because Filho was bat shit crazy at the time.

So by your standards, which fighters have had impressive careers?
ghandikush
12/24/11 7:01:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

And if he didn't hype fights you'd bitch about that. Then you'd bitch about the mat being too blue in the octagon, then you'd bitch that your chair is too small, then you'd bitch about your doritos being too cheesy, then you'd bitch that it's too dark when you turn the lights out, then you'd sleep and dream about bitching some more. At least that's what I'll assume your day goes like based on your posts.

Ohhh it hurts so bad. You post to agree? I'm sorry a point is usually made when something is wrong or questioned.

Please do point out the many ridiculous things I bitch about for all to see, otherwise your mouth is running with nothing to support it in your noggin.
cowcatcher
12/24/11 10:03:10PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

Ohhh it hurts so bad. You post to agree? I'm sorry a point is usually made when something is wrong or questioned.

Please do point out the many ridiculous things I bitch about for all to see, otherwise your mouth is running with nothing to support it in your noggin.

I knew you'd bitch about that post.
ghandikush
12/24/11 11:41:25PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

And you just bitched about that one, what is your point? Maybe you can support your point.
Pookie
12/25/11 3:05:17AM
You're doing all the work for him.
ghandikush
12/25/11 12:55:59PM

Posted by Pookie

Youre exactly right, replying is the same as bitching. What a great way to support a point. I allocate my poting time to my disagreements more than nutthuggeries, dont see a reason why one would post to agree.

But please still waiting for someone to actually support their ideas.
cowcatcher
12/25/11 12:58:26PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by TheBlackChip

Posted by FastKnockout

And you just bitched about that one, what is your point? Maybe you can support your point.

My point is every post you makes smells horribly of the underside of a bridge. Is there anything in MMA that makes you happy? Anything that isn't overrated or stupid or doesn't piss you off? It's like Scrooge humped the Grinch and you came out.
cowcatcher
12/25/11 1:28:18PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Pookie

Youre exactly right, replying is the same as bitching. What a great way to support a point. I allocate my poting time to my disagreements more than nutthuggeries, dont see a reason why one would post to agree.

But please still waiting for someone to actually support their ideas.

The person that crapped out the gem "I would put money on Hughes outstriking Hardy..." without a follow up wants a serious debate? Mmmhhhmmm...
Cooler
12/25/11 4:02:24PM
Chael must have been reading the forums because a lot of people think he's going to get KO'd by Anderson this time who wont be overlooking him or injured or whatever.

He Wants JDS... the guy who just destroyed two top HW wrestlers? good luck Chael I say give him that fight for opening his mouth about it.

He wants Jon Jones? the only fighter on the roster he gives props to because he doesnt want anything to do with Jones and he still doesnt. I dont buy the sudden interest to fight Jon Jones, we all know Chael would get elbowed into next week including himself.

GSP? at least thats more realistic for him, unless GSP works on this triangles
Consigliere
12/26/11 9:35:16AM
Fucking christ, what a joke this guy is. Man I hope one day he will wake up from his disillusions..
I think he just realised he won't be able to beat Silva, so now he's again trying to talk his way into another contender spot.. What an arrogant fuck
Pages: [1] 2