Chael Responses to Rampage.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chael Responses to Rampage.
frizzzlecake
7/18/12 12:54:47AM
"Rampage has one fight left in the UFC and he isn't fighting me,"

"I give you that answer because I am sitting here wearing my fancy suit, with an ear piece on and I have been branded an analyst on the number one UFC show on TV today."

"But if you had asked me outside, in my kingdom and I was wearing my sponsor's shirt, I would have told him that he should stick to violating female reporters," Sonnen said. "He should stick to making box office disasters and driving the wrong way on the freeway ramped up on Mountain Dew, because he's not on my level. But, you didn't ask me outside, you asked me inside. So let's keep this professional, I don't want to get that message out there."

Chael_Sonnen
7/18/12 1:08:17AM
BahZING!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Poor_Franklin
7/18/12 1:34:12AM
love it!
aussiemma
7/18/12 2:45:17AM
how can page possibly respond to that.
OctagonOnly_com
7/18/12 4:02:58AM
Sonnen can't be verbally out sparred by anyone in the UFC I honestly don't believe, who knows, perhaps Rogan could get the best of him due to his fare share of hecklers; but I honestly don't believe the often comedic Jackson stands a chance and should just stop now, after he's already said too much.

I say this because I'm not sure what Rampage's angle is in this whole situation. To me he just seems pissy that he's being let go, and is trying to get some attention on himself before he actually departs.

I'm not personally overly fond of Sonnen myself, though I will admit he is hilarious at times with his complete disregard for what comes out of his mouth. At the same time, I saw an interview he did with Ariel Helwani and he really looked like he's trying to be a bit more respectful; implying that a phone call from Renzo Gracie has changed his tune. However, as a fighter I will not knock Sonnen's abilities, he does what he does, and he does it well.

I personally think that Sonnen would completely own the modern day Rampage for 15 minutes and get his hand raised; but the fact of the matter is we won't have to watch this fight with Rampage on the way out.

As for his comments directed towards Griffin he's just bitter in my opinion. I think the fight could have gone either way, and I honestly agree that Forrest probably thought that he had lost (and may very well should have); but it's far from Rampage's need as a "professional" to point this out. He's still pissed at losing his title to Griffin, and can't come to grips with the fact that the judges IMO called that fight exactly as they should of, that being for Griffin. Admittedly, were the two to ever have a rematch I wouldn't like Griffin's chances since his chin is no longer what it once was.

With that said, I could see how Rampage's blasting either of these guys would make sense if he were going to be around to back up his words, but we all know he wont be so it's kind of a trashy (can't think of a more fitting word at the moment) thing to do. It's kind of reminiscent of King Mo calling out Jackson from outside of the UFC, like it were going to help get him a signed. I don't know if that's partially his angle or what, but IMO it generally just leaves Jackson looking like an ass more than anything.

Who knows, perhaps he's hoping for an injury to Teixeira or himself prior to UFC 153, so that he can get a shot at one of those two guys instead of the Brazilian. I don't know.
scoozna
7/18/12 3:54:42PM
"Can't we all just get along?" - Rodney King.

Budgellism
7/18/12 6:31:13PM

Posted by aussiemma

how can page possibly respond to that.

I see him trying and failing miserably. Sonnen ftw.
Boo_Radley21
7/19/12 8:36:41PM
Lol Rampage is a joke at this point in his career. Mr. T is rolling over in his proverbial grave at how badly Rampage buthchered his character. Looks like after his last fight in the UFC the next big thing on Rampages horizon is gonna be a B-Rated Horror flick starring alonside Pauly Shore and Frank Zappa
Boo_Radley21
7/19/12 8:37:35PM
I also like how he says ramped up on mountain dew. but i also dont because now i really really want a mountain dew
prophecy033
7/19/12 11:13:07PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Lol Rampage is a joke at this point in his career. Mr. T is rolling over in his proverbial grave at how badly Rampage buthchered his character. Looks like after his last fight in the UFC the next big thing on Rampages horizon is gonna be a B-Rated Horror flick starring alonside Pauly Shore and Frank Zappa

And maybe Fred Willard
prozacnation1978
7/19/12 11:25:27PM
I thought it was funny and too the point