Chad Griggs Set to Make UFC Debut in 2012

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chad Griggs Set to Make UFC Debut in 2012
Budgellism
12/21/11 1:33:05PM
MMA's most famous mutton chops are heading to the Octagon. Heavyweight, Chad Griggs, is among several fighters to jump ship to the UFC as Strikeforce phases out its heavyweight division, as MMA Weekly reports that he has signed a new UFC deal:

Sources close to the fighter confirmed to MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday that Griggs will move to the UFC and begin fighting there in the new year.

LINK
Budgellism
12/21/11 1:48:23PM
Nice, let's see where Mr. Griggs stands in this increasingly stacked division. He's exciting to say the least. I want to see him in there with Beltran eventually. For his first fight I think the Pat Barry/Christian Morecraft winner would be good for him.
DrivenDavies15
12/21/11 1:53:18PM

Posted by Budgellism

Nice, let's see where Mr. Griggs stands in this increasingly stacked division. He's exciting to say the least. I want to see him in there with Beltran eventually. For his first fight I think the Pat Barry/Christian Morecraft winner would be good for him.

Yea I agree that would be a good fight for him to start off. I think he can make an impact in the division for sure
RhythmAndStyle
12/21/11 3:15:13PM
awesome news..
calitrees
12/21/11 3:30:26PM
Chad Griggs should fight Dave Herman but i wouldnt mind seeing him slap around Christian Morecraft

Twenty20Dollars
12/21/11 5:56:49PM
Prolly won't be a title contender, but is a slugger and exciting to watch.
SamPan
12/21/11 6:00:18PM
Chad Griggs vs. Travis Browne would be fireworks
prozacnation1978
12/21/11 7:22:43PM
Maybe him vs meathead or del rosario would be good
jae_1833
12/22/11 12:39:47AM
I am just glad that the UFC is developing the HW Div.....sure he isn't the next expected champ like Carwin was but neither was Cain or JDS at first. Tons of good match ups for him, plus like Herman he isn't so huge that a possibility of a drop to LHW is completely out of the question.