CFX - Mayhem in Minneapolis

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » CFX - Mayhem in Minneapolis
jae_1833
4/21/10 2:14:13PM
link
FIGHT CARD

Matchups:
Travis Wiuff vs. Jeff Monson
Gideon Ray vs. Derrick Noble
Brock Larson vs. Brian Green
Shana Olsen vs. Yoko Takahashi
Isaiah Larson vs. Brendan Seguin
Matt Delanoit vs. Ray Steinbeiss
Sergio Gomez vs. Chaz Haag
Brad Kohler vs. Travis Fulton
Nathan Schut vs. Brian Geraghty
Dave Menne vs. TBA

Thought this was noteworthy with all the names.
ncordless
4/21/10 3:13:27PM
Travis Fulton is getting close to 200 wins. I doubt that record will ever be broken.
kopower
4/21/10 3:16:00PM
I would be going to this but my wife would kick my ass if I missed our first wedding anniversary

A lot of familiar names on the fight card
bojangalz
4/21/10 3:37:34PM
yeah, I saw this a while ago... It's almost like they took every Minnesota fighter in MMA history who doesn't have a Zuffa deal right now court ordered them to appear on this card. It's a pretty decent card, but filling a 1/2 house at the target center is probably a bit of a reach.

Especially at $400 for ringside. I'd consider it for the $25.00 price, but that's basically the basement price for seats here. Kind of weak if you ask me.

btw- I can't think of a better way to spend the wedding anniversary than at some good old fashion mid-western fight'n action. I say surprise her with some cheap seats and make her drive you home at the end of the night.

You can thank me later.
kopower
4/21/10 4:55:06PM
Thanks Bo, I'll try and run that by her. I already gave her the heads up for another possible road trip I don't think I want to press my luck.

NatedawgThaM
4/21/10 5:14:26PM

Posted by ncordless

Travis Fulton is getting close to 200 wins. I doubt that record will ever be broken.

I still cant believe after all those wins, he's only faught twice in the UFC. I would of thought he would of had a bunch of offers to replace fighters on short notice.
ncordless
4/21/10 5:36:11PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by ncordless

I still cant believe after all those wins, he's only faught twice in the UFC. I would of thought he would of had a bunch of offers to replace fighters on short notice.

Nah... he hasn't gotten where he is at today by testing himself against top competition. Travis just travels from town to town beating up locals and occasionally running his own show here in his hometown. I've been to a few of them and they are pretty po-dunk but enjoyable.
cowcatcher
4/21/10 5:56:47PM
jesus thats ahelluva lot of biggish names for a little show, very nice card.
Drudinh
4/22/10 2:02:00AM

Posted by kopower

I would be going to this but my wife would kick my ass if I missed our first wedding anniversary

I've been hearing commercial on 93x for a couple weeks now and wish I could go. But it is my actual wedding night and she probably wouldn't be ok if I didn't show up to the reception. I tried pleading with her to order wec into the hall but seems like I'll have to catch it later on sometime. Pretty much I feel your pain.
bojangalz
4/22/10 7:57:11AM

Posted by Drudinh

Posted by kopower

I've been hearing commercial on 93x for a couple weeks now and wish I could go. But it is my actual wedding night and she probably wouldn't be ok if I didn't show up to the reception. I tried pleading with her to order wec into the hall but seems like I'll have to catch it later on sometime. Pretty much I feel your pain.

Are you kidding me?! You've got the easiest ploy of all, just get all those bridesmaids to kidnap you and wind up third row. You can plead drunking stupidity. Just start drinking a little earlier than usual and at the end of the night you'll be able to safely say that you didn't even know where you were.

You can thank me later.