Cesar Gracie says Anderson Silva camp ‘into’ Nick Diaz superfight, talks battles with NSAC and Melendez dropping to 145

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cesar Gracie says Anderson Silva camp ‘into’ Nick Diaz superfight, talks battles with NSAC and Melendez dropping to 145
BuffaloDave
11/29/12 1:30:32PM
More so than most trainers, Cesar Gracie has a penchant for making headlines. The acclaimed Californian, head coach of Pleasant Hill's Cesar Gracie Jiu-Jitsu fight team, carries with him a brash style that fits right along with his stable of fighters, infamously including both Nick and Nate Diaz, and past or present Strikeforce titleholders Jake Shields and Gilbert Melendez.

On what fight interests Nick Diaz the most:

"We're pushing for the GSP fight. That's what we're going to push for, GSP or Anderson Silva. That's the two fights that interest us the most, and that's the one's we're going for.

LINK
Manak
11/29/12 2:11:10PM
coming off a loss and a suspension and this guy expects GSP or Andy??????? i know they have been handing out title shots like candy but shit this is getting crazy.
BillsNewAccount
11/29/12 2:16:00PM
I would rather see Andy v Nick than GSP v Andy or GSP v Nick. Their styles would make for an epic battle.

Also, no one should be allowed to reference Condit v Diaz. The fight was the biggest let down in the history of mma and has no bearing on anything.
cowcatcher
11/29/12 2:41:20PM

Posted by Manak

coming off a loss and a suspension and this guy expects GSP or Andy??????? i know they have been handing out title shots like candy but shit this is getting crazy.

Of course Cesar brings up Chael and I understand why everyone has things to say about his fight with Jones, but apparently Cesar doesn't realize that being a company man has it's benefits, or that Nick has been anything but a company man.
Bubbles
11/29/12 3:01:58PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

I would rather see Andy v Nick than GSP v Andy or GSP v Nick. Their styles would make for an epic battle.

Also, no one should be allowed to reference Condit v Diaz. The fight was the biggest let down in the history of mma and has no bearing on anything.

I think Condit's running man gameplan vs Diaz was a bigger let down
Manak
11/29/12 3:13:23PM

i agree with the second part but Nick's style is perfect for Andy to add a 30 sec highlight reel KO to his already large highlight reel.
george112
11/29/12 3:15:11PM
Seriously another welterweight
BillsNewAccount
11/29/12 3:28:20PM

Posted by Manak

i agree with the second part but Nick's style is perfect for Andy to add a 30 sec highlight reel KO to his already large highlight reel.

Nick ate a clean left hook from Semtex before he knocked him out. Semtex has arguably the most power at 170. Now I'm not going to say he has the same power as Andy but it should be recognized that Nick has one, if not the, best chin in mma.
With that said, I want to know if Nick can really be knocked out and if he can't I want to see how Andy deals with a mad man in his grill throwing thousands of punches. Plus I want to see who ends up peacocking harder in the fight.
Bubbles
11/29/12 3:34:35PM

Plus I want to see who ends up peacocking harder in the fight.

It will be me if Diaz wins
tcunningham
11/29/12 7:15:35PM
he acts like the condit fight never happened. im tired of diaz
bjj1605
11/29/12 8:22:06PM
Nick Diaz needs to fight someone at WW and not GSP. He is coming off of a loss.

I think Demian Maia and Jon Fitch would be good fights. Or Rory Macdonald if he wins against BJ.
thevoodooninja
11/29/12 9:03:10PM

Posted by tcunningham

he acts like the condit fight never happened. im tired of diaz

the stoner probably just forgot
UFC_Fanatic
11/29/12 11:11:43PM

Posted by Manak

Nick ate a clean left hook from Semtex before he knocked him out. Semtex has arguably the most power at 170. Now I'm not going to say he has the same power as Andy but it should be recognized that Nick has one, if not the, best chin in mma.
With that said, I want to know if Nick can really be knocked out and if he can't I want to see how Andy deals with a mad man in his grill throwing thousands of punches. Plus I want to see who ends up peacocking harder in the fight.

No, I gotta give best chin in mma to Dan Henderson. Also, there is a difference between taking a hard shot on the jaw from a power puncher and taking a well placed shot from a precision striker. Silva is probably the most precise and accurate striker in the world. He is a KO artist because of his technical precision based striking more than for having Brian Stann-like punching power.