Cesar Gracie's Response to the Brawl

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Cesar Gracie's Response to the Brawl
gcraig22
4/19/10 3:32:54PM
I'm not surprised by his fighters actions after reading this article.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18789/cesar-gracie-says-reaction-to-strikeforce-nashville-brawl-is-overblown-hypocritical.mma
BustedKnuckle
4/19/10 8:02:19PM
Usually hockey fights are 1 on 1. Not 5-6 on 1.
sbulldavid
4/19/10 10:31:27PM
I agree with him 100 percent. Miller had no business in the ring, it was like bringing a knife to a gun fight. I still think something should be done about it, but you just don't jump in somebodies face and get cocky. Besides Shields would just violate Miller until somebody broke them up.
juggernautakira
4/19/10 11:48:04PM

Posted by sbulldavid

I agree with him 100 percent. Miller had no business in the ring, it was like bringing a knife to a gun fight. I still think something should be done about it, but you just don't jump in somebodies face and get cocky. Besides Shields would just violate Miller until somebody broke them up.

Oh please. This has happened plenty of times before without some sort of brawl. Miller wanted a rematch and that was clear. He did NOT push first. So in my simple book, he didnt start it.

What is the latter? You jump in to make a comment youre gonna get jumped? Yeah, thats professional. Talk about a blind leading the blind philosophy.
BeeR
4/20/10 6:22:38AM

Posted by sbulldavid

How do you think miller got past dozens of ringside security personel?
Because he was SUPPOSED to be there hyping a fight.
Security would have stopped him like anyone else who tried to get in the ring.

Just like the Diaz-Noones near brawl Diaz said himself the elite XC management TOLD him to go hype a fight.

Doesnt matter who you are, you cant just walk past all the ringside personel and into the cage, it doesnt work like that unless they have previous knowlege
tdietel01
4/20/10 6:25:04AM
Having someone tell you they want a rematch is no reason to have a youtube/hood style beating! might as well just say mayhem was wearing the wrong colors on that side of the ring. it is pathetic and they all looked like high schoolers. All very classless and shamefull
Jackelope
4/20/10 8:54:22AM
I don't need to even read the link to know that Cesar Gracie does anything besides basically condone this type of activity. He's shown consistently throughout the years that at his school the traditional martial arts philosophies do not apply. There must be no need for honor or respect in his world. Just learn how to kick ass and do it regardless of whether or not you're being honorable doing so. Or whether or not the guy is outnumbered 6 to 1 apparently.