Cesar Gracie explains why Diaz chose Strikeforce over UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cesar Gracie explains why Diaz chose Strikeforce over UFC
emfleek
1/20/11 9:58:15AM
Diaz recently signed an extension with Strikeforce. Though Gracie could not discuss the exact terms, he said reports the contract was for a three-year deal were inaccurate.

He confirmed that the UFC was interested in Diaz but noted that the decision was ultimately made to stay with Strikeforce because Diaz's brother Nate and his main training partner Jake Shields also fight in the UFC's welterweight class.

Diaz, however, is not closing the door on a return to the UFC (he fought 10 times for the promotion between 2003-2006, going 6-4).

LINK
TheBestEVER
1/20/11 10:45:10AM
I know it would most likely never happen but I am dying to see a brother vs. brother match-up on a big time show. The Diaz brothers fighting each other would be one of the best fights of all time! I don't blame guys for not fighting teammates or brothers but I am saying there could be some great fights if they did!!
tallica62
1/20/11 12:05:24PM

Posted by TheBestEVER

I know it would most likely never happen but I am dying to see a brother vs. brother match-up on a big time show. The Diaz brothers fighting each other would be one of the best fights of all time! I don't blame guys for not fighting teammates or brothers but I am saying there could be some great fights if they did!!

that would be awesome...id do it in a heartbeat
xburbx
1/20/11 1:05:27PM
saturday....no contract
FastKnockout
1/20/11 2:28:02PM
Dana probably won't admit trying to sign Diaz. He might go down the "We could care less about him, he's not the best" road like he did with Fedor.
Lil_Copper
1/20/11 3:18:36PM
But in this case, its true!
lol
BlueSkiesBurn
1/20/11 9:33:42PM

Posted by Lil_Copper

But in this case, its true!
lol

He's better than his brother. UFC has the wrong Diaz.
Bubbles
1/20/11 9:49:22PM

Posted by TheBestEVER

Nick would destroy Nate
Pookie
1/20/11 10:06:10PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by TheBestEVER

Nick would destroy Nate

This is true, but Nate would have finished Noons.

Styles make match-ups, and i think Nate has better takedowns, longer reach and nastier offensive jiu-jitsu. Nick has the better stand-up and conditioning.

I dont think one is all that much better than the other, But i would say that Nate has more potential whereas Nick has peaked.
bjj1605
1/20/11 11:06:34PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by TheBestEVER

Nick would destroy Nate

Styles make match-ups, and i think Nate has better takedowns, longer reach and nastier offensive jiu-jitsu. Nick has the better stand-up and conditioning.

I dont think one is all that much better than the other, But i would say that Nate has more potential whereas Nick has peaked.

I don't know.... I guess I agree with the takedowns. But for the most part I think Nate is a slightly less impressive version of Nick.
telnights
1/21/11 2:51:36PM

Nick Diaz
"I'd be happy to move up," he said. "It's just I'd like to get paid for it."

Lil_Copper
1/21/11 3:09:35PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by TheBestEVER

Nick would destroy Nate

I don't know.... I guess I agree with the takedowns. But for the most part I think Nate is a slightly less impressive version of Nick.

This
BigBadAl
1/21/11 5:36:05PM
I don't agree with most people so far on this post. They are both as middle of the road as each other in my opinion.