Central California Pankration Championship and No gi tournament

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Central California Pankration Championship and No gi tournament
Omega
9/17/08 4:34:55PM
We will be hosting a Pankration tournament and a special no gi tournament

This tournament will be a Pankration qualifier.

Held Sunday Oct. 19th at Dos Pueblos High School, Goleta, CA 93117

You may find additional information here:

www.sbmartialarts.com/pankration
Svartorm
9/21/08 11:11:29PM
I'd love to meet up and roll sometime, so do me a favor and hold one of these around June 7th or so next year, ok? The drive from Montana isn't so bad, but the one from New Hampshire is a bit much.
The-Don
9/23/08 12:41:48PM
i'd appreicate if you held one in TN.. Nashville would be ideal...
Omega
9/25/08 10:28:06AM

Posted by The-Don

Let these guys know that.

www.fightleague.org.
The-Don
9/28/08 2:11:41PM

Posted by Omega

Posted by The-Don

Let these guys know that.

www.fightleague.org.

awesome thanks... I am gonna get this to my new Jits coach and see what we can pull up... there are alot of schools in this area but no formal competitions yet as Combats were just recently OKed here in TN
The-Don
9/28/08 4:01:46PM
quick question... are 4oz or similiar gloves required i did not see anything in the rules about it but the pictures on the site show people wearing them... ????
Omega
9/28/08 10:36:42PM
They don't really regulate the gloves.
The-Don
9/29/08 5:15:29PM
so does that mean it is up to those hosting the tourney.. or fighters can wear them if they want?
Omega
9/30/08 1:36:56PM
You must wear gloves. They must have padding. They must resemble mma style gloves. Quality and type are not regulated.
The-Don
9/30/08 1:48:59PM
ahh ok... Thanks for that.. Last question is the refs and judges.... With me bing in TN... if me and those I associate with wanted to put on an event... How do we get judges and refs .. espically with MMA and such being new to TN?
Omega
9/30/08 4:09:57PM
Well technically it's not MMA that's how we get around it in CA. You need to call Jon Frank from Fightleague.org for that question.
The-Don
9/30/08 5:58:40PM
yea I know... So I am not sure how it would be handled in TN.. I am going to ask you some question in PM's if you don't mind caue I am really interested in setting something up.. I kept it here for the most part in case someone else might have been interested just did not want to ask questions....