25 Centimeter Pole

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 25 Centimeter Pole
grappler0000
9/16/07 12:14:53PM
If you caught the Elite XC event last night, you know what I'm referring to. The only thing funnier than Mauro's comment during the Carano fight was how they continued without skipping a beat. Goldberg sure is good at throwin' em right in the strike zone. Anyone else fall out of their chair on this one?
loonytnt
9/16/07 1:16:00PM
i didnt hear that, i think im going have to try and find it somewhere
babalu2720
9/16/07 1:16:26PM

Posted by grappler0000

If you caught the Elite XC event last night, you know what I'm referring to. The only thing funnier than Mauro's comment during the Carano fight was how they continued without skipping a beat. Goldberg sure is good at throwin' em right in the strike zone. Anyone else fall out of their chair on this one?

yes i heard that and the 25 centimeter quote and at first i was quite disgusted with that quote and shook my head.

The other funny quote was during the Ninja vs Lawler fight
Mauro said "Lawler is doing a great job of cutting off the Octagon"

and then a few seconds later he said...
"I hope I don't get sued for that"

I did laugh at that quote
loonytnt
9/16/07 1:29:15PM
lol that is funny man i missed some great fight it sounds like to
grappler0000
9/16/07 1:39:12PM

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by grappler0000

yes i heard that and the 25 centimeter quote and at first i was quite disgusted with that quote and shook my head.

The other funny quote was during the Ninja vs Lawler fight
Mauro said "Lawler is doing a great job of cutting off the Octagon"

and then a few seconds later he said...
"I hope I don't get sued for that"

I did laugh at that quote

I caught the Octagon part, but didn't catch the second statement...that makes it even funnier.
DJDark41
9/16/07 1:50:46PM
My friend was telling me about the pole joke, and I was convinced you couldn't say things like that on TV. Anyone catch the "wardrobe malfuction" joke?
babalu2720
9/16/07 1:54:20PM

Posted by DJDark41

My friend was telling me about the pole joke, and I was convinced you couldn't say things like that on TV. Anyone catch the "wardrobe malfuction" joke?

What one was that? And the Octagon sueing part got me to chuckle
DJDark41
9/16/07 2:26:04PM

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by DJDark41

I think one of the fighters gloves came off and one of the commentators made a joke about the fighter having a wardrobe malfuction, and another commentator said something along the line of "we can already see his boobies!"
babalu2720
9/16/07 2:31:31PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by DJDark41

I think one of the fighters gloves came off and one of the commentators made a joke about the fighter having a wardrobe malfuction, and another commentator said something along the line of "we can already see his boobies!"

O ya i remember that I think it was Mike Aina's glove that was coming off...lol we can see his boobies
Mastodon2
9/16/07 2:55:15PM
Whats this 25 centimetre pole business? Anyone got a quote?

I see Carano won too. After not making weight. I wonder, if Evinger hadnt made weight, would the goal posts have been pulled wide open to allow her to get through?
TheHitmanTL
9/16/07 3:04:51PM
they need new commentatiors cus they say some wack things
grappler0000
9/16/07 3:26:03PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Whats this 25 centimetre pole business? Anyone got a quote?

Video section...Carano fight.
Jackelope
9/16/07 3:48:52PM
hahahahhaaha! Whoever posted that video, thanks!

I wonder how Gina reacted when she heard that one, LOL. That's great
Trapt1nw0nder
9/16/07 5:35:08PM
Mauro's a f*cking pervert man...that was totally unprofessional IMO....NO announcer should ever say that about a woman as respected and admired as Gina Carano..

and thats not the only perverted quotes i have heard coming out of his mouth either....

screw that guy
Jackelope
9/16/07 5:55:57PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Mauro's a f*cking pervert man...that was totally unprofessional IMO....NO announcer should ever say that about a woman as respected and admired as Gina Carano..

and thats not the only perverted quotes i have heard coming out of his mouth either....

screw that guy

I mean I tend to agree with this statement, but at the same time I can't help but laugh. More about the fact that he would have the balls to say that live on a broadcast than the fact that he said anything derogatory like that.

I know one way we could solve the debate, though... put him in the ring with Gina and let him say that ;)
Mastodon2
9/16/07 7:04:56PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

screw that guy

Oh shut up and get over yourself, it was the kind of ace crack that lads like to pop, don't get all high and mighty, I bet you've made the same kind of remarks a million times in your life. So what if it was on air, it was wee joke. Loosen up.

Mauro is a total legend, quick with the witty banter, sharp as a knife with his delivery!
ButterBalls
9/17/07 12:04:50AM
LOL! I just watched the video, that cracked me up. Mauro is such a little perv, I love it.
Trapt1nw0nder
9/17/07 2:49:39AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

screw that guy

Oh shut up and get over yourself, it was the kind of ace crack that lads like to pop, don't get all high and mighty, I bet you've made the same kind of remarks a million times in your life. So what if it was on air, it was wee joke. Loosen up.

Mauro is a total legend, quick with the witty banter, sharp as a knife with his delivery!

whatever man...get off Mauro's pole already.

its all cool if you decide to be perverted at home and crack jokes like that at home,but Mauro crossed the line...I wouldnt mind if it was Jerry "the king" Lawler or even Joe Rogan when making a statement like that,but when this geek/sexual perdator look-a-like comes on live tv and says that about Gina its just making woman's fighting to look more like a joke....

again...screw that guy!
Mastodon2
9/17/07 7:44:03AM
Ok, so just because you think he doesn't look like some cool cat that he can't make a joke, but if someone with a reputation for it (lawler) or a more fashionable look (Rogan) cracked it you wouldnt mind?

Baffling logic, I had no idea that the look for "sexual predators" these days was totally average with a receeding hair line and glasses. I guess sexual predators are everywhere these days!
Trapt1nw0nder
9/17/07 8:28:56AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Ok, so just because you think he doesn't look like some cool cat that he can't make a joke, but if someone with a reputation for it (lawler) or a more fashionable look (Rogan) cracked it you wouldnt mind?

Exactly

first of all someone like Lawler plays a pervert to the part (Jerk)...and Rogan is a straight up comedian........Im not saying Mauro "can't" make those kind of jokes,im just saying that he shouldnt,because it just makes him look bad...that comment he made was just plain wrong,and he should be ashamed of himself....

screw that guy...

rcg916
9/17/07 1:31:45PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

screw that guy

Nicely said.

By the way, I know it is "cool" now among the elite MMA fans to dislike Gina Carano, much in the same way it was "cool" to like her when she debuted...

Remember, you all were making jokes about wanting to grapple with her then, where were all the cries for respect then?

Exactly...
szucconi
9/17/07 1:42:07PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

screw that guy

Nicely said.

By the way, I know it is "cool" now among the elite MMA fans to dislike Gina Carano, much in the same way it was "cool" to like her when she debuted...

Remember, you all were making jokes about wanting to grapple with her then, where were all the cries for respect then?

Exactly...

Its one thing in front of your TV at home it another when you are the play by play guy. It made him look like a total tool. Also, he used metric while in America, I think that’s illegal or something.
Trapt1nw0nder
9/18/07 12:49:01PM

Posted by szucconi

Posted by rcg916

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

screw that guy

Nicely said.

Exactly...

Its one thing in front of your TV at home it another when you are the play by play guy. It made him look like a total tool. Also, he used metric while in America, I think that’s illegal or something.

Exactly....

and yea....I still wanna grapple with Gina...all hot N nasty like!!!