cell phones.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » cell phones.
papercut
8/3/09 7:16:59PM
just curious what kind of cell phones you guys have.

Today I was able to upgrade my phone and traded my old LG UX380 for a new Motorola "hint" or QA30. pretty good phone. still need to get used to the full keyboard, but a pretty good phone all in all.
george112
8/3/09 7:31:30PM
for now i have a samsung rant.i dont like it all that much.but its ok i guess.
waiting for my upgrade in september for the HTC touch Pro
DCRage
8/3/09 7:41:18PM
Right now I have a Samsung SGH-E630 or something like that. Passed down to me by my little brother when he got one of those fancy phones with internet and everything else. This one has a camera but I never use it.
KaibaThedon
8/3/09 7:47:30PM
HTC Touch HD

Bought it with my betting winnings from UFC99. [Kelly, Etim, Hathaway, Struve, Siver, Swick, Fisher, CroCop and Rich Franklin made me very rich]

I like it, but it does have its bugs and its battery gasses out way too fast... the screen is huge, and a lot bigger than that of an iPhone. Has good features and runs Windows as its operating system.

I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone though just cuz its not as good as I thought it would be. Seems like the king of smart phones is the new iPhone 3Gs.
ncordless
8/3/09 7:47:41PM
Palm Treo
SpiderSilva
8/3/09 8:02:18PM
htc G1 "Google phone" I like it its the best phone I have had in awhile Im on that more than anything else now I spend less time on my comp
loller90278
8/3/09 8:03:22PM

Posted by george112

for now i have a samsung rant.i dont like it all that much.but its ok i guess.
waiting for my upgrade in september for the HTC touch Pro

i had an htc kaiser, then upgraded to the touch pro (fuze for att) and decided i liked the kaiser better.

they are both nice phones but for some reason i prefer the kaiser more than the touch pro. I also used to have an iphone, and man it doesnt even compare. Iphone is seriously just for the "look at me i have an iphone" factor. Besides that, there's nothing good about the phone. If you know how to customize your phone, www.xda-developers.com your touch pro will be 100000x more useful than any other phone on the market. The best thing about windows mobile is that you can put different OS's on the phone.

for example right now im running the ANDROID OS (the one that google uses) and before had an Iphone simulator OS. Now im with a custom made rom and it's really nice.

bojangalz
8/3/09 8:04:19PM
Switched from a Blackberry 8830 to a HTC Touch Pro about 8 months ago. I needed to hack the $hit out of the HTC to get it anywhere near what I wanted. But thankfully it's got windows mobile so I had access to the registry. For anyone out there who is thinking of, or already has an HTC phone there is a very useful site called http://www.xda-developers.com/ which is a dedicated forum to improving HTC based phones.

Couldn't live without it, or PPC Geeks.
kopower
8/3/09 8:15:15PM
Blackberry Curve 8330
Good phone, I went with the curve instead of the BB Storm because I personally don't like the touch screen. Downloaded Opera mini for the full internet feature. Have a 8gb memory card so i can watch videos and have most of my music on it.
Irish_Pride
8/3/09 8:27:38PM
I have an HTC T-Mobile G1. This thing is amazing. Camera, Video recorder, all these amazing apps I have on it, internet is great. I love it.
gartface
8/3/09 8:29:59PM
Palm Centro.

Can't wait for Q1 2010 for the Pre to reach Verizon.
Mayhem13
8/3/09 8:48:04PM
T Mobile G1

I like it.
breakdown5
8/3/09 9:09:49PM
Cell phones are the devil. I have successfully managed to avoid having to get one and I will resist until the bitter end.
The_Ho_Bag
8/3/09 10:13:12PM
had an iphone but i dropped it the toilet =[

now i have a pantech
Shawn91111
8/3/09 10:27:39PM
I have a LG VU..its good..the touch screen took some getting used too. Although I really really really hate the service from At&t...horrible.

emfleek
8/3/09 10:38:49PM
Playground_Samurai
8/3/09 10:42:41PM
I don't know what it's called, but my phone's a beast. I can throw it off of walls and what not without worrying about it breaking. I've had it for like 3 or 4 years, and it still works like it's brand new. Just a little scratched up on the outside. It's a samsung with a red cover and an mp3 player on it.
The_Ho_Bag
8/3/09 11:01:52PM

Posted by Shawn91111

I have a LG VU..its good..the touch screen took some getting used too. Although I really really really hate the service from At&t...horrible.

GF has that phone and dropped in her toilet 3 times and in the sink 4 times and it works. i drop my iphone once in the tiolet it dies....
Shawn91111
8/3/09 11:16:52PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by Shawn91111

GF has that phone and dropped in her toilet 3 times and in the sink 4 times and it works. i drop my iphone once in the tiolet it dies....

My prior phone I dropped in the urinal as I was in mid piss while talking. Im a man I can say I did try to finish the call after
joshryanshepherd
8/3/09 11:27:09PM
Boost Mobile! unlimited minutes, texts, internet. for just $50
spikerman19
8/4/09 1:02:03AM
Other than my son throwing my phone in the toilet, How the hell do you guys drop your phones in the toilet, WTF?

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by Shawn91111

My prior phone I dropped in the urinal as I was in mid piss while talking. Im a man I can say I did try to finish the call after

Drudinh
8/4/09 2:59:45AM
I'm still on the HTC mogul and waiting for the day I can upgrade for free
Kpro
8/4/09 3:05:59AM
I use AT&T and alternate between the Curve 8310 and Samsung Epix depending what mood i'm in for the day. I used the Fuze (Touch Pro) for a while and hated it.
king_katool
8/4/09 4:20:32AM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by Shawn91111

ye i bought this phone for my GF for her birthday last march, but its actually been ******* up the last week, when its in the lock mode it freezes and stays in it, it either unfreezes or she takes the battery out, she thinks its cause she got caught in a huge rainstorm walking home from work but the phone was in her purse and when she got home the leather case she carries it in wasnt even wet, i keep telling her its a messed up send it in to get fixed but shes thinks they will tell her its water damage and do nothing, i think i may show her these posts in an attempt to convince her
Kpro
8/4/09 4:58:43AM

Posted by king_katool

ye i bought this phone for my GF for her birthday last march, but its actually been ******* up the last week, when its in the lock mode it freezes and stays in it, it either unfreezes or she takes the battery out, she thinks its cause she got caught in a huge rainstorm walking home from work but the phone was in her purse and when she got home the leather case she carries it in wasnt even wet, i keep telling her its a messed up send it in to get fixed but shes thinks they will tell her its water damage and do nothing, i think i may show her these posts in an attempt to convince her

There's a water damage indicator under the back cover. It will be small circle or square. It will be white if not water damaged, pink/red if water damaged. Most phones generally have an internal one also, so there's no sense trying to scrape it off, as an fyi. If it is white, they'll replace for free as long as there's no cracks, etc.
pv3Hpv3p
8/4/09 7:23:14AM
HTC G1...

This phone's the ****
papercut
8/4/09 1:37:54PM
I hear alot of bad things about AT&T service. I have US cellular and have never had a problem.

on a side note, I originally wanted to get a LG "Trident" (in my experience this is the best brand) from what I saw and messed around with it, it was good, but it costs 20 dollars for internet (plus everything else) just to keep the phone working. I have unlimited mobile internet but it wouldn't have worked which was a deal breaker. but the hint is pretty good so far.
MMAcca
8/4/09 2:18:24PM
Nokia N95 8gb
mkiv9secsupra
8/4/09 4:16:13PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

HTC G1...

This phone's the ****

I got the G1 too... i think its a piece of crap.

CONS
-Incredibly Slow
-Horrible Internet (Probably cuz its Tmobile tho)
-Amazingly Bad Battery Life
-No Flash Player
-Cant play any type of videos, only plays 3gp. mp4, and one other
-Worst Camera on any phone, EVER

PROS
-Great Apps

not much else.....
king_katool
8/4/09 5:19:56PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by king_katool

There's a water damage indicator under the back cover. It will be small circle or square. It will be white if not water damaged, pink/red if water damaged. Most phones generally have an internal one also, so there's no sense trying to scrape it off, as an fyi. If it is white, they'll replace for free as long as there's no cracks, etc.

what do ya know, white as snow, lol, women