Cell Phones

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Cell Phones
casey64
6/25/08 2:29:22PM
Planning on getting new cell phone here in a few months, any suggestions on what I should get next.
grappler0000
6/25/08 2:31:46PM
What functions are a necessity and what would you like to have? And how much does size matter? What price range? What service? And what do you currently have?
casey64
6/25/08 2:37:15PM

Posted by grappler0000

What functions are a necessity and what would you like to have? And how much does size matter? What price range? What service? And what do you currently have?

I have verizon , pic,vids, maybe an envy, size does not matter, price depends, and I have a razr.
bullettdodger
6/25/08 2:42:37PM
I really like the ENV2 by verizon... everything else they have (blackberrys included) are pretty much defective on all counts (my buddy has a verizon blackberry and has gone through six of them do to manufacturing defects like it stops charging or all together stops working... ) Another buddy of mine just picked up the ENV2 and i really like the way it looks and its functionality, good speakers and works for an MP3 player too... dunno if any of that helped
grappler0000
6/25/08 2:43:07PM

Posted by casey64

Posted by grappler0000

I have verizon , pic,vids, maybe an envy, size does not matter, price depends, and I have a razr.

Yes, the enV is what I have and I love it. It's got pretty much all the bells and whistles without going the next step and committing to a pda phone. The enV 2 is pretty slick, but I bet there are some great prices on the old one right now. The only thing that I've noticed that I don't like about the v2 is that the outside screen isn't as big.
DCRage
6/25/08 2:43:14PM
If you can hold out a little longer and don't mind switching to AT&T, the new iPhone might not be too bad a deal, it's only supposed to be around $200 for starters.
iwannabesedated
6/25/08 3:05:10PM
I have the LG ENV2 Thru Verizon.

The Voyager is also nice too...but double the price since its a touch screen.

The ENV2 i got for $150 with a $50 mail in rebate..so $100 bucks was a steal and i got the Vcast free like 2 months..

I work for Verizon so i also get a 15 or 20 % discount each month on my bill..

If you want to pay 300 or more get the Voyager its touch screen and is badass...It translates voice into text message and is pretty sweet..

But for 150 the ENV2 you cant beat it..The screen on the outside is small..But hey its less room for me to beat and scratch it up..which i alreadu have...I need the USB cable so i can put some Mp3's on it..Not sure if i can upload them or have to pay and dload them first...I havent pissed around with it that much yet..
misses1112
6/25/08 3:26:04PM
I have a palm centro, i like it... i like it a lot
casey64
6/25/08 3:35:57PM
I plan on getting an envy or envy 2, most likely thanks for the info.
loller90278
6/25/08 3:44:34PM
switch to at&t and get the TILT. that's the best phone i've ever had. i traded in my iphone for this and am very pleased!
SpiderSilva
6/25/08 4:24:06PM
I had the RAZR2 loved it then someone stole it from my car in my drive way f*cking $400 down the drain but I looking at that new Sprint touck screen phone it the new iphone killer

I loved the RAZR2 nice big screen I beleive it was an HD LCD screen internet 2gigs loved it

R.I.P my RAZR2
Kpro
6/25/08 4:53:08PM
All I use are Crackberrys; switching from the Curve to the Bold when it comes out on AT&T.

The new iPhone will be sweet as well and comparatively inexpensive to the previous version.
masodd
6/25/08 5:35:34PM
Get the Glyde ( made by verizon)
lance70301
6/25/08 6:52:10PM
If you like listening to music, Sony Ericsson makes a bunck of mp3 phones. I own the W810i, it has a camera, mp3 and also small enough to fit in your pocket. I got it off of amazon for .01 cents. I had to extend my contract though.
aaa9erh8er
6/25/08 8:33:14PM
dude trust me i got the envy2 a while back i love it absolutly love it go for it
Kpro
6/25/08 9:49:00PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I've sold for Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T before, and they all gave me free phones with unlimited calling.

They make you pay these days ???
grappler0000
6/26/08 12:13:39AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I've sold for Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T before, and they all gave me free phones with unlimited calling.

They make you pay these days ???

LOL. I don't even work for verizon and I get a 20% B2B discount on my phone bill.