UFC to take over CBS Saturday Night Fights?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC to take over CBS Saturday Night Fights?
manalito
8/29/08 5:30:43PM

mmafightline.com
http://www.fightline.com/news/2008/829/ufc_341502.shtml

UFC To Take Over EliteXC's Half Of CBS/EliteXC Saturday Night Fights?
By Jason Perkins | August 29, 2008

Well known mainstream columnist Michael Pope is reporting that CBS and the UFC may be in negotiations for the UFC to take over EliteXC's time slot for it's Saturday Night Fights series.
Apparently, the network was shocked with how poorly the last show did among viewers, but still believes in the viability of MMA as a prime time sport.

EliteXC will get at least one more crack at it on Oct. 4 with a show headlined by Kimbo Slice and Gina Carano.

grappler0000
8/29/08 5:49:30PM
SpiderSilva
8/29/08 5:52:49PM
double
jiujitsufreak74
8/29/08 5:58:08PM
this reminds me of a book i read a while back...

And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.

juanez13
8/29/08 6:04:40PM
That would be Sick!
CantAndleDaRiddum
8/29/08 6:04:49PM
wonder who'll get more control over the production.......ufc or cbs?
gartface
8/29/08 6:12:07PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.

Teh Biblez?
jiujitsufreak74
8/29/08 6:21:54PM

Posted by gartface

Teh Biblez?

you know it
Mchubb316
8/29/08 6:34:13PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Thats what I wonder as well. This will, in my opinion be the determining factor whether or not this happens.
JimiMak
8/29/08 6:52:14PM

UFC won't do it if they can't control the production and use their own announcers. That's why they didn't originally have the slot.
DevonFoxy
8/29/08 8:08:22PM
Wow if this is true I'd be wlling to give up all my star wars action figures............wait except Boba Fett not matter how sure I am of anything I never bet the Fett man
JoeySteel
8/29/08 8:27:36PM
This is especially good because it is after Elite Blah's failure. They suck so much!

SO I bet CBS will give them more control than they would have otherwise.

Great timing.
jgtribbett
8/29/08 8:43:26PM
well, we know how this one will go.... no more news on this topic... dana will storm in with the dynamic billionaire duo behind him.. between their money, and his attitude... cbs will let ufc take control and produce a less than perfect but still great product. just enough to get ppl to watch the paper views haha.
bullettdodger
8/29/08 10:14:51PM

Posted by JimiMak

UFC won't do it if they can't control the production and use their own announcers. That's why they didn't originally have the slot.

My sentiments exactly
McBee
8/29/08 10:28:40PM

Posted by manalito

mmafightline.com
http://www.fightline.com/news/2008/829/ufc_341502.shtml

UFC To Take Over EliteXC's Half Of CBS/EliteXC Saturday Night Fights?
By Jason Perkins | August 29, 2008

Well known mainstream columnist Michael Pope is reporting that CBS and the UFC may be in negotiations for the UFC to take over EliteXC's time slot for it's Saturday Night Fights series.
Apparently, the network was shocked with how poorly the last show did among viewers, but still believes in the viability of MMA as a prime time sport.

EliteXC will get at least one more crack at it on Oct. 4 with a show headlined by Kimbo Slice and Gina Carano.

you got to put this in the news section
imanidiot777
8/29/08 10:57:05PM

I'm guessing CBS didn't like how Shaw and CBS together put on the show and they see how good UFC's shows are so they should let the UFC run most of it if this happens.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
8/29/08 11:37:37PM
great exposure for the ufc and mma in general . Wont change much for me, most likely ultimate fight nights being shown on cbs along with spike.
MMAcca
8/29/08 11:56:19PM

Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone ?
jiujitsufreak74
8/30/08 12:22:30AM

Posted by MMAcca

Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone ?

the very same
prozacnation1978
8/30/08 12:34:00AM
talk about being sucker punched
bls1919
9/1/08 4:32:36PM
I'll keep my fingers crosse but wont make any bets on this happening