Is CBS Going to Promote Strikeforce's Fedor Emelianenko vs Brett Rogers Bout?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Is CBS Going to Promote Strikeforce's Fedor Emelianenko vs Brett Rogers Bout?
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/6/09 10:00:09PM
MMAConvert: See any Fedor commercials during CBS NFL games this past weekend?
No. There are still four more Sundays between now and Fedor's November 7 fight with Brett Rogers on CBS, so maybe we'll see plenty of commercials promoting Fedor during CBS NFL games, but as of right now, I think CBS is missing some opportunities to hype the fight.

Hard-core fans universally consider Fedor the best heavyweight in MMA, and many consider him the best fighter ever to fight in any weight class. But hard-core MMA fans are still a relatively small audience, and for this fight to get a good rating, CBS will need to appeal to casual MMA fans and people who have never watched MMA at all.

Link
KoldKhaos
10/6/09 10:53:10PM
Better to do it with 3 weeks till fight night, they don't wanna hear about it for over a month the casual fan will get sick of waiting.
bjj1605
10/7/09 12:59:06AM
I agree doing it too soon is a problem but the fight isn't long away now. Maybe next sunday during NFL games would be a good time to start.
NeaRMisS
10/7/09 1:20:43AM
Kind of funny that they can hype his fight, and during the commercial show one of his full length fights., free tim silva vs fedor.
MiniMan
10/7/09 8:38:57AM
I know Brett Rogers, But whos this Fedor fella?? He cant be any good if hes not in the UFC.