CBS Best P4P *Finals*=Fedor VS A. Silva

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » CBS Best P4P *Finals*=Fedor VS A. Silva
Lord_Lenny
7/10/08 1:24:42AM
CBSSports.com presents the MMA King's Quest. This is your opportunity to determine the best pound-for-pound MMA fighter of all time.

First-round voting begins now and ends at 12 noon on Tuesday, July 15. At that time, the opening-round winners will be displayed as well as the voting results. Later that day, the Quarterfinals will begin.

As noted below, we asked our MMA experts to rank their top 25 fighters of all time and then we used a reverse-point system to determine seeds. For instance, a fighter who ranked No. 1 with an expert received 25 points. Later on this summer, our experts will release their top 25 all-time rankings in columns.

With that said, follow the guidelines below and remember to have fun with this.

The guidelines are as follows. Remember, these are fantasy fights. Have fun with it and try not to get hung up on suspending disbelief:

• Fighter selection and seeding are based off the all-time rankings from a panel of CBSSports mixed martial arts analysts. Voters were encouraged to consider all aspects of a fighter's skill set, intangibles and overall impact on the sport.

• Assume that there is no advantage to be had by being a heavier fighter. Obviously Miguel Torres is at a huge disadvantage if he were to fight Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Focus on the pure abilities of each fighter and vote under the assumption that weight is not an issue.

• Each fighter will be competing at the peak of his game. That means there is no wondering which B.J. Penn will show up to fight. The best B.J. Penn will always show up.

• Fights will follow the majority of the modern rules of MMA. No groin attacks, eye gouging, small joint manipulation, etc.

• Fights will follow the UFC’s current rules allowing most elbows and Pride’s former rules allowing most knees and kicks to the head of a downed opponent.

• Fighters will be required to wear 4-oz gloves.

• Fighters will not be allowed to wear a gi.

Link

Looks interesting. Their rankings are debatable, and it's hard to ignore the weight/speed/reach differences but here it is if you want to participate
RNC
7/10/08 1:34:07AM
I'm gonna vote. This is cool how they provide the match ups and you vote.

The outcome will be interesting.
holt8081
7/10/08 1:50:07AM
that was cool, props to you
Scott_Revels
7/10/08 3:38:44AM
I went ahead and figured up how I would vote, and if it were left up to me, it'd be BJ Penn, and Anderson Silva with Anderson Silva winning it. Probably a good thing it's not left up to me then.
Purge
7/10/08 9:28:41AM
Cool, though im a lil surprised Ortiz is beating Faber LOL.
masodd
7/10/08 12:20:48PM
I also have Anderson vs BJ with Anderson winning
Lord_Lenny
7/13/08 10:39:22PM
Bump: First round voting will end on the 15th at noon, so if you haven't voted and want to here's your chance
Jackelope
7/13/08 10:51:08PM
This thing is definitely worth a read. I made my picks last week but if you haven't checked it out and made yours- I suggest you do.
jiujitsufreak74
7/13/08 10:52:05PM
this is a nice find

*should have put Aoki in there...*
RMFG_187
7/13/08 11:04:48PM
GREAT FIND!

but why is Cung Le on the list buy Aoki Wandy and Griffin arent?

2 most beefed up match ups are

CC vs Page
Hendo vs Ken

EDIT: nvm Wandy is on the list
Lord_Lenny
7/21/08 6:57:10PM
Bump Again: Second Round voting ends tomorrow July 22 at noon
RNC
7/23/08 12:47:33AM
It should come down to Anderson vs Fedor.

jkdskinhead
7/23/08 1:26:51AM
I noticed numbers next to each fighters name.. I didnt real read into this much, but is this supposed to be their current p4pranking? And why are some of these fighters in the match at all?

Severn? Is that supposed to be Dan Severn? and whats that 24 supposed to be? 25th greatest? Ya ok.

Rickson? How can you rank a guy who has never fought another ranked fighter?

Frye?? Don Frye?.. ok Dont Frye and no forrest?

Ro. Gracie? That could be like ten people, but im going to assume its Royce.

Ken Shamrock? The dude could never throw a punch, and he got out Subed by guys when he was in his prime.
Lord_Lenny
7/28/08 5:55:05AM
bump yet again: semi finals voting ends tuesday july 29 if you wanna vote
Lord_Lenny
7/28/08 5:59:27AM

Posted by jkdskinhead

I noticed numbers next to each fighters name.. I didnt real read into this much, but is this supposed to be their current p4pranking? And why are some of these fighters in the match at all?

Severn? Is that supposed to be Dan Severn? and whats that 24 supposed to be? 25th greatest? Ya ok.

Rickson? How can you rank a guy who has never fought another ranked fighter?

Frye?? Don Frye?.. ok Dont Frye and no forrest?

Ro. Gracie? That could be like ten people, but im going to assume its Royce.

Ken Shamrock? The dude could never throw a punch, and he got out Subed by guys when he was in his prime.

no it's not their current ranking, its a sort of easy going way that they ranked best p4p of all time, including their dominance at the time (in their prime)
Lord_Lenny
8/5/08 9:48:31PM
BJ was beaten out by Fedor 64% to 36%
GSP was beaten out by Anderson 64% to 36%

Now vote between Fedor and Anderson for best P4P All Time Greatest