The Cavalcante's

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » The Cavalcante's
POLL: Who has the best chance of becoming champ? (any org.)
JZ 46% (16)
Feijao 3% (1)
Both (they both could or will) 29% (10)
Maybe (both have potential) 14% (5)
They wont 9% (3)
89vision
6/16/08 5:17:15PM
Anybody else seriously impressed by these 2? (not sure if there brothers) Feijao looks like he could contend with the UFC guys with some more experience and a training with anderson and a good camp ...even right now, as could JZ at 155
wolfman
6/16/08 6:02:23PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're not brothers. They both do have great potential and I think JZ is a top LW.
juanez13
6/16/08 6:04:54PM
yea i was thinking if they're brother why dont they have the same last name.....nways, i think both have great potential, and have been very impressive, however, if both came to the UFC, i think JZ would have a much better chance at being the champ than Feijao would.
Raykill
6/16/08 10:27:35PM

Posted by juanez13

yea i was thinking if they're brother why dont they have the same last name.....nways, i think both have great potential, and have been very impressive, however, if both came to the UFC, i think JZ would have a much better chance at being the champ than Feijao would.

Styles
6/16/08 11:11:41PM

Didn't JZ just get dominated not to long ago?
wolfman
6/16/08 11:53:21PM

Posted by Styles

I still think he can beat Aoki if they were to fight again...
jiujitsufreak74
6/16/08 11:58:30PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Styles

yes, but Aoki has an equal chance of beating him a 3rd time as well imo.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/17/08 12:30:10AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Styles

yes, but Aoki has an equal chance of beating him a 3rd time as well imo.

IMO Aoki can only beat jz by decision. Jz's strength +sub d is too good to be subed by aoki, I think the 2 fights show this. Aoki threw everything he had at him. The first fight , illegal or not jz was winning that fight. Any other fighter in dream would of got a pound out stoppage for the loss. dream 4 had countless back of the head shots uncalled. I would take JZ in a 3rd encounter.
jiujitsufreak74
6/17/08 12:39:14AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

IMO Aoki can only beat jz by decision. Jz's strength +sub d is too good to be subed by aoki, I think the 2 fights show this. Aoki threw everything he had at him. The first fight , illegal or not jz was winning that fight. Any other fighter in dream would of got a pound out stoppage for the loss. dream 4 had countless back of the head shots uncalled. I would take JZ in a 3rd encounter.

your not allowed to throw elbows in Dream, he would have received a NC against any other fighter as well because it was an illegal blow that caused nerve damage to Aoki and he was unable to continue. and yes, i think Aoki would win another UD if they fought again by taking it to the ground and controlling it like he did the 2nd time.
89vision
6/17/08 1:10:31AM

Posted by juanez13

yea i was thinking if they're brother why dont they have the same last name.....

they have the exact same last name, what are you talking about? plus they look like family

EDIT: lol at the guy who agreed with you
wolfman
6/17/08 2:16:38AM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by juanez13

yea i was thinking if they're brother why dont they have the same last name.....

they have the exact same last name, what are you talking about? plus they look like family

EDIT: lol at the guy who agreed with you

I think 89vision is right, I was going by what they had on Sherdog. I thought his last name was Feijao, but it is in fact Cavalcante.
Link

Sherdog has it wrong, they have his win over Wayne Cole listed under Rafael Feijao
MMAcca
6/17/08 1:59:29PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Styles

Shinyi by Aokiplata
tepid55
7/26/08 3:40:56PM
JZ vs Sean Sherk could be an interesting fight.
cmill21
7/27/08 1:38:07AM

Posted by Styles

That was domination? As for the illegal elbows, they were to the shoulders and those are legal. The NC was a bad decision IMO.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/27/08 1:28:01PM