Anyone catch WSM 2007 today? ( I guess a spoiler)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Anyone catch WSM 2007 today? ( I guess a spoiler)
candynuts
12/27/07 12:21:35AM
Anyone? It was actually a really good competition.
Its tough to beat him

He is the closest thing to Fedor this sport has after CRUSHING the competition in 2007.

Polska Duma!

tuvok500
12/27/07 12:29:14AM
I saw him 2 times live in Dolbeau -mistassini here in quebec and he lost the 2 times to Hugo Girard !!

But Marius always came on top when it really count at the world championship events !!

i saw samuelson, savikas , the viking, and the rest of the top ten in 2003-2004.
they are really strong, almost ridiculousely strong !! lol

richieb19
12/27/07 12:33:41AM

Posted by tuvok500

I saw him 2 times live in Dolbeau -mistassini here in quebec and he lost the 2 times to Hugo Girard !!

But Marius always came on top when it really count at the world championship events !!

i saw samuelson, savikas , the viking, and the rest of the top ten in 2004-2005.

I visit Dolbeau, Normandin and Girardville regularly, never knew you where from there!
candynuts
12/27/07 12:35:54AM

Posted by tuvok500

i saw samuelson, savikas , the viking, and the rest of the top ten in 2004-2005.

My guess is that he lost to Hugo Girard in pressing events, Hugo had the strongest shoulders when he competed, especially in overhead presses. And he could squat a whole lot too, probably one of the top three strongest ever not to win a title.

I wish Savickas would come back to Met-Rx WSM and not the IFSA Strongman World Championship. He is like the Nogueria for the sport finishing 2nd place 3 years for WSM.

tuvok500
12/27/07 12:46:00AM

Posted by candynuts

Posted by tuvok500

My guess is that he lost to Hugo Girard in pressing events, Hugo had the strongest shoulders when he competed, especially in overhead presses. And he could squat a whole lot too, probably one of the top three strongest ever not to win a title.

I wish Savickas would come back to Met-Rx WSM and not the IFSA Strongman World Championship. He is like the Nogueria for the sport finishing 2nd place 3 years for WSM.

No, it was the real top ten in the world on a 2 days competition, same as the world championship. with the big referee wearring his cowboy helmet !! lol

in 2003 the competition was really close between Hugo and Marius and at the the last events, Hugo beated Marius to finish first. the last event was the 2 big cylinder that you have to take in your hand and run a parcourt as fast as possible.
the 2 cylinders were the heaviest ever intented and everybody were dropping them 3-4-5 times in the parcourt but Hugo get his grip and ran the parcourt non stop without dropping the cylinder !! amazing grip !!

in 2004 Marius was no as good and he finished 4th.
hugo won the event also at the last events with the same ******* cylinder but this times he dropped them 1 time but his main opponent did worse by not being able to complete the parcourt. I don't remenber his name he was from uzbekistan i think

candynuts
12/27/07 1:27:19AM

No, it was the real top ten in the world on a 2 days competition, same as the world championship. with the big referee wearring his cowboy helmet !! lol

in 2003 the competition was really close between Hugo and Marius and at the the last events, Hugo beated Marius to finish first. the last event was the 2 big cylinder that you have to take in your hand and run a parcourt as fast as possible.
the 2 cylinders were the heaviest ever intented and everybody were dropping them 3-4-5 times in the parcourt but Hugo get his grip and ran the parcourt non stop without dropping the cylinder !! amazing grip !!

in 2004 Marius was no as good and he finished 4th.
hugo won the event also at the last events with the same ******* cylinder but this times he dropped them 1 time but his main opponent did worse by not being able to complete the parcourt. I don't remenber his name he was from uzbekistan i think

No, I think the win you are talking about from Hugo was the Strongman Super Series winner. And the top 4 competitors get an automatic bid to the Worlds Strongest Man competition. Hugo never won the Worlds Strongest Man, but did win the Super Series.
Too bad injuries have set back Hugo throughout his career.

loonytnt
12/27/07 1:47:16PM
is it just me or does that pic look like cro cop a lil
TNunley
12/27/07 1:51:50PM

Posted by loonytnt

I think it's the hair
DCRage
12/27/07 1:58:07PM

Posted by loonytnt

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't seen this year's one yet, ESPN's showing the 2006 event. Amazing how some of these guys were competing well into their 50s! At least the one European who might have the best Strongest Man name ever: Odd Haugen. Not making that up. (I think he's either Swedish or Finnish)
candynuts
12/27/07 2:48:27PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by loonytnt

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't seen this year's one yet, ESPN's showing the 2006 event. Amazing how some of these guys were competing well into their 50s! At least the one European who might have the best Strongest Man name ever: Odd Haugen. Not making that up. (I think he's either Swedish or Finnish)

Heh, yea Odd is pretty old but is still strong as hell. He was from Norway before coming to USA I believe. I think he won Norways strongest man back when he was 20 something year old. I think when he was about 48-49 in 2001 deadlifted 776lbs!! Thats crazy!

tuvok500
12/27/07 6:59:38PM
Mariuz is a black belt in karate i think.
i would like to see him in the octogon !!

i don't see anybody being able to beat him by kimura or armbar !! lol no ways !!
the guy is so strong that he just have to use 1 arm to choke you !!

this guy would by a very good candidate for MMA instead of those non sence Floyd Mayweather or the guy who help us to choose a pair of boots at Yellow !!

candynuts
12/27/07 7:25:32PM
Mariusz in the octagon would be sooo friggin sweet!

Fourth kyu in Kyokushin Karate
A boxer for 7 years.

He is a superstar in Poland for what he does, both in strongman and in his band.
ButterBalls
12/28/07 1:13:57AM
Magnus Ver Magnuson is still be best evAr in my opinion.
candynuts
12/28/07 11:11:18AM

Posted by ButterBalls

Magnus Ver Magnuson is still be best evAr in my opinion.

I agree, I just cringe everytime I watch the 95' WSM because I wanted Gerrit Badenhorst to win, and if he didnt have the injury I think he would have taken it. (I know he would have come in 1st or 2nd in the flinstone lift for sure)

I could see Pudz get 5 or 6 titles though.