Cant catch a break

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Cant catch a break
Jamie98s
9/20/07 7:02:17PM
I havent won a single bet this whole season! And people I bet on keep getting fluke injurys, i bet on manny to beat nate on the TUF finale,and I bet for Din to beat Florian last night. Good thing I dont bet in real life.
owen1
9/20/07 7:06:03PM
I bet on Din aswell last night...but i made some money from Leben winning.
loonytnt
9/20/07 11:25:41PM
well you still got some money so you still have a chance to make some
Jamie98s
9/21/07 3:48:33PM
Im not picking underdogs anymore, im only going with the sure winners for now on! IM LAYING IT ALL ON SHOGUN!
Svartorm
9/22/07 3:16:56AM
Yeah, he already had a flukey injury fighting Coleman, so thats probably a safe bet.

Honestly though, if you're that far down in the money rankings, you have nothing to gain by betting on sure things because you won't make money. I've got my whooping $60 bankroll on Jardine, because at least if that goes down I've got a little more money to play with.
Scott_Revels
9/22/07 3:45:45PM

Posted by Jamie98s

Im not picking underdogs anymore, im only going with the sure winners for now on! IM LAYING IT ALL ON SHOGUN!

Well that's the reason why your not winning bets. The underdog wins maybe once out of nine fights, if that. The chances of you picking the underdog win, are slim. When I had a lot of money, I would put all of it on one guy, and win double the money I put in. Then I went with Naoyuki Kotani thinking like most people that he was going to beat Dennis Siver, and when he didn't, I lost all my money. Since then i've just been randomly betting hoping to get some money back. Anyway, yeah, don't bet on underdogs unless your willing to pick that same underdog in your picks. Even then really think about what your doing.
aznteabagger
9/23/07 10:53:21AM

Posted by Jamie98s

and look where that got you? lmao i feel your pain i lost everything in 74
Scott_Revels
9/23/07 2:58:20PM

Posted by aznteabagger

Posted by Jamie98s

Well, even though that sucks, no sane person (it was insane to think that Jardine and Forrest could've won both their fights) could've predicted that both Liddell and Shogun would've lost to their opponents. Some people picked Jardine, and picked Shogun, and some picked Griffin and Chuck.. I think 77 will be right down the line and except for the Belcher/Starnes, and Silva/Franklin fights, all the others look like you could tell who's going to win it.
Jamie98s
9/23/07 8:56:49PM

Posted by aznteabagger

Posted by Jamie98s

THIS SUCKS
Svartorm
9/23/07 9:08:49PM
Hey, next time you make a bet, can you tell me what it is so I can pick the other guy? I think you're bad luck.

Seriously though, that sucks bro. Hopefully next season you can rake in the big bucks.
CornishMMA
9/26/07 8:21:11AM
The DIn injury made no difference tbh, Kenny was always going to beat him

But unlucky with Shogun, i lost $350 on him which was painfull enough

I was bankrolling at about $600 after the 1st few events so its very possible with smart wagers to get back on top, UFC 77 looks to have good wager possibilities, Belcher is a dog when he should be a fave, you can clean up with him Jamie!
fat2rak005
10/18/07 4:50:09AM
cro cop really messed me up when he lost to congo. that whole ppv was bad for me. chuck losing to jardine and shogun losing to forrest really got me down ahhaha. i have a feeling i'll do better this ppv.