A Case Of The Missing 'Bean

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » A Case Of The Missing 'Bean
DCRage
11/7/07 1:37:17PM
Xcess Fighting's debut card is set for tonight after yesterday's weigh-ins, although there was one big (literally) missing piece of the puzzle at the weigh-ins: Butterbean. The Super Heavyweight fighter, whose real name is Eric Esch, was to be in the main event but mysteriously no-showed.

Article
wrona666
11/7/07 2:31:57PM
I would check all the local Hometown Buffets first!!!!!!!!!!!!
ohiostate1016
11/7/07 2:34:45PM
DC-this reminds of your boy Tito's backing out of his boxing match with Dana White. Is Butterbean scared of his opponent??
FantasyFighter
11/7/07 2:40:45PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

DC-this reminds of your boy Tito's backing out of his boxing match with Dana White. Is Butterbean scared of his opponent??

I dont think Butterbean is scared of anybody but this sure is strange. I dont know anything about this guy he was supposed to be fighting but maybe if this guy had the ability to take Butterbean down and pound on him (which I dont think he could stop anybody from doing), then I might could understand him backing out if he knew there was no way he was going to win.

Go Butterbean!!! (who happens to be from my hometown here in AL)
DCRage
11/7/07 2:44:20PM
They're saying he apparently got cold feet, someone was reportedly even offering Bean $20K for the fight. For a small organization like this, that's like 6-figure money from UFC.
TuFanboi
11/7/07 3:06:15PM
Maybe he had a massive heart attack. I'm not joking..
Sam_Rothstein
11/7/07 3:06:16PM

Posted by DCRage

They're saying he apparently got cold feet, someone was reportedly even offering Bean $20K for the fight. For a small organization like this, that's like 6-figure money from UFC.

damn 20k? yeah he would have to fight about in about 30 tough man competitions to get that kind of money
roman
11/7/07 3:34:20PM

Posted by TuFanboi

Maybe he had a massive heart attack. I'm not joking..

I hope thats not the case
loonytnt
11/7/07 4:25:47PM
maybe the guy puttin on the show said something wrong to butter bean and butter bean said he was not going to fight for him and the guy is tryin to make bean look bad...maybe idk

and sure i will take some props for that smart thinkin
Mayhem13
11/7/07 8:37:58PM
thats wierd, but it sounds like cold feet to me, and I am not trying to be disrespectful towards Bean....but it doesnt sound to good for him