Carwin: "Lesnar won't be able to lay on Cain or me"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Carwin: "Lesnar won't be able to lay on Cain or me"
snakerattle79
7/12/09 6:27:36AM
http://twitter.com/ShaneCarwin
hippysmacker
7/12/09 7:19:56AM
I pray that is true
SmileR
7/12/09 7:35:54AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I pray that is true

Me too, I actually think Carwin has the best chance of beating him though.
dstlvb
7/12/09 9:47:08AM
It sure didnt look to me that Brock was just laying on Mir. We might want to check with Mir to see if he was just laying on him. Then he goes for the fan favorite role by defending the fans that have on numerous occasions have shown themselves to be uneducated, boo happy, idiots in the stands.
imanidiot777
7/12/09 10:00:32AM
Cain is smaller than Mir and Brock held Mir's back down with one arm, he will definitely be able to hold Cain down. Carwin probably not but you never know.
shane
7/12/09 5:12:40PM
Carwin's chin is a little suspect to me.
Remember Gonzaga did rock him in his last fight.

Guess we will see???
nickcuc547
7/12/09 5:46:21PM
lay on him????? I think mir's face might take issue with that comment.
Violence108
7/12/09 9:10:14PM
brock is a beast on top of guys, Heath, Randy, Mir
Cain would get man handled like mir did, but Carwin would be a good even match i like
prozacnation1978
7/13/09 2:54:55AM
i agree carwin would be a hard fight for brock
Rush
7/13/09 10:00:42AM
Technically, Brock impressed me with his win over Mir. I thought he displayed very good control and patience.

There is laying on someone and then there is laying on someone and smashing their face. I think Carwin has more of chance than most against Lesnar, but he'll certainly have his hands full.
bootyclause
7/13/09 12:02:16PM
i dont agree that Brock lays on guys.....afterwards they are basically beat up bad. I dont see that Carwin or Cain have a much better shot at Brock than Herring, Mir and Randy. In fact they are in the mold of the guys that have very little shot to beat Brock.

To beat Brock it will take the submission game I think
thefyn
7/13/09 2:41:47PM
These people saying Carwin will be smaller than Mir are hilarious. He is a nutritionist machine like fighter and he will shape his body for the size of Brock. I would not be surprised if Carwin comes in at the same weight should they fight.

He had to lose a ton of weight to fight in the UFC.

And FYI he is stronger than Brock.

Brock has more pure wrestling skill, but he aint stronger!

FesterPatches
7/13/09 3:11:44PM
Looks like laying on top of people hurts.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 3
lohmann
7/13/09 3:24:47PM

Posted by Violence108

Cain would get man handled like mir did, but Carwin would be a good even match i like

How would Velasquez get manhandled? Velasquez's wrestling is some of the best in the heavyweight division, and Lesnar didn't easily manhandle an older, slower, smaller wrestler in Randy Couture. Lesnar definitely brings in the size advantage - no surprise there - but I doubt he throws Velasquez around the cage like a tomato can.

Carwin vs. Lesnar would all depend on how the first minute goes. If Lesnar gets top control, it will be a short night for Carwin. Hit him fast, Shane.
MASTERofPUPPETS
7/13/09 4:31:04PM
I am not a fan of Carwin, but if he can beat Brock then i will be a big one
nickcuc547
7/13/09 5:16:35PM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Violence108

How would Velasquez get manhandled? Velasquez's wrestling is some of the best in the heavyweight division, and Lesnar didn't easily manhandle an older, slower, smaller wrestler in Randy Couture. Lesnar definitely brings in the size advantage - no surprise there - but I doubt he throws Velasquez around the cage like a tomato can.

Carwin vs. Lesnar would all depend on how the first minute goes. If Lesnar gets top control, it will be a short night for Carwin. Hit him fast, Shane.

comparing velasquez with couture is much much much too premature, i don't care how much upside or how much younger he may be. couture is the craftiest guy in the game and I wasn't too surprised to see him give brock a little trouble, i think cain is too raw right now and honestly i think carwin is too, but brock is a little raw himself so who knows.
ravanunen
7/13/09 9:21:31PM
I think Cain could probably sprawl out of Lesnar's takedowns, but I'm not sure if that will help; brock hits hard. I think if Cain can improve his striking and stay kick in the fight he could get a UD, otherwise he'd probably be TKO'd

Carwin big enough to actually stuff or get up from Brock's takedowns. Then I think it's just a battle of who get's rocked first. Carwin has more power, and could probably put Lesnar out in the first.