Carneiro vs Chonan- Can't Decide!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Carneiro vs Chonan- Can't Decide!
POLL: Who takes it?
Roan by (t)ko 0% (0)
Roan by sub 16% (6)
Roan by decision 19% (7)
Ryo by (t)ko 14% (5)
Ryo by sub 5% (2)
Ryo by decision 46% (17)
Franklinfan47
3/10/08 10:06:01AM
Who are you guys taking? Ryo has a win over Roan already but it was due to a cut. Roans coming off a big win, while Ryo faltered in his last fight. Need some opinions here.
rabbit915
3/10/08 11:10:49AM
I dont think Carniero has the power to knock out Chonan and Chonan has very good submission defense (the only guy to submit him is Paulo Filho). I see it being a slow tactical ground battle where Chonan slowly wears him down and either knocks him out or pulls a UD.
xchickox
3/10/08 11:11:24AM
i've got chonan by UD, i think he has too much for carneiro but i dont think he will be able to finish him
mrkennedy
3/10/08 11:20:41AM

Posted by xchickox

i've got chonan by UD, i think he has too much for carneiro but i dont think he will be able to finish him

Twenty20Dollars
3/10/08 12:43:29PM
I think im taking Roan. even though Ryo is hard to finish(said by Karo) idk just my guy feeling on Roan.
wolfman
3/10/08 3:28:35PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I think im taking Roan. even though Ryo is hard to finish(said by Karo) idk just my guy feeling on Roan.

I agree with Twenty20Dollars. Yet, I can see the confusion on who to choose. I am going to go with my first instinct. Roan is a huge WW and I think he will be able to wear down Ryo and pull off a convincing UD. However, it sucks because I'd like to see Ryo win. I just have a gut feeling that Roan will pull off the win.
iwannabesedated
3/10/08 4:19:46PM
I got Roan by UD...He wasnt able to sub Fitch..Which is very hard to do but the guy has impressed me in every fight.
nickcuc547
3/10/08 4:58:40PM
chonan wins a close decision. both of these guys are very underrated at 170 and i think it will make for a very competitive fight. with that said i think chonan is just a little bit better both on the ground and standing.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
3/11/08 1:46:17AM
Very hard for me to decide as well...I want Chonan to win, and I think he could by UD...but my gut instinct tells me Roan Carneiro by sub...so I have to go with that.
Pookie
3/11/08 2:31:30AM
Roan UD
Franklinfan47
3/11/08 12:54:15PM
I think I'm gonna go with Chonan by UD. Seems like the safest bet, but who knows with this fight. Thanks for the feedback guys
prozacnation1978
3/11/08 9:50:56PM
this fight is a pick em for me as well might be last minute decision seems that every ufc event has at least one for me, ufc 82 was the kongo vs herring match which i lost,
beofre that was the mir vs lesnar, and the one coming up is sam stout vs clementi which i have bet against consective fights and lost and to make the matters worst i was at the events in anaheim and vegas live to watch him defeat who i picked to kick his butt, i might take clementi this time