Carneiro & Aurelio Depart UFC Roster

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Carneiro & Aurelio Depart UFC Roster
MMAcca
12/18/08 3:40:15AM
American Top Team black belt Roan Carneiro is no longer a member of the UFC roster, FiveOuncesOfPain.com learned Wednesday.

Five Ounces of Pain learned of the news having been contacted by a source speaking on the condition of anonymity. The information was later verified after speaking with American Top Team President Dan Lambert.

LINK

With the UFC looking to trim its roster from over 180 contracted fighters down to the neighborhood of 140 combatants, former PRIDE Bushido standout Marcus “Maximus” Aurelio found himself caught in a numbers game in the weeks that proceeded his loss to Hermes Franca this past October at UFC 90.

LINK
wiggum
12/18/08 12:07:58PM
thats no suprise, they both underperformed from theyre potential and both are in crowded divisions were ya cant be doing that
Twenty20Dollars
12/18/08 1:53:53PM
Yeah I agree. Carneiro is news to me, but im not suprised.
ohiostate1016
12/18/08 2:23:59PM
Not only did they underperform, but neither fighter was exciting. If you're going to lose you at least have to be exciting.
MikeyG
12/18/08 6:29:55PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Not only did they underperform, but neither fighter was exciting. If you're going to lose you at least have to be exciting.

lol aurelio not exciting? ridiculous, every fight except the guida fight was exciting, lol either you didnt watch them or theres some kinda bias involved
ziegler3334
12/18/08 6:38:13PM
aurelio, imo, was slightly on the boring side. If he had any excitment, it was certainly not enough to keep around.

I try to like all fighters, so my first reaction to news like this is to be disappointed. Because its not like i don't want to watch these guys. I'd still love to see them in other orgs. But in the big picture, neither of them had an important role in the ufc. I also wouldn't bet on either making it back.