Carlos Condit Talks WEC Title and Possible Unification

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Carlos Condit Talks WEC Title and Possible Unification
wolfman
2/15/08 1:39:52PM
“The Natural Born Killer” Carlos Condit continued his reign as the World Extreme Cagefighting welterweight champion by finishing Carlo Prater in the first round on Wednesday night. The New Mexico native was proud to perform in front of his hometown crowd and was happy with the victory.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5705&zoneid=13
rabbit915
2/15/08 2:06:18PM
Im very curious as to the details of his contract. Every time he gets interviewed, he talks about going to the UFC. I wonder when hes going to get that chance.
wolfman
2/15/08 2:28:26PM

Posted by rabbit915

Im very curious as to the details of his contract. Every time he gets interviewed, he talks about going to the UFC. I wonder when hes going to get that chance.

Ha, he does seem to constantly talk about making the move to the UFC. I hope he finally does makes the transition. I think he could be a force, it is a deep division though. However, he still is really young and is constantly improving. I noticed in the interview he actually mentioned that the UFC has the top welterweights in the world. At least this time he admitted to it. j/k We all know he was just hyping up his fights and the WEC when he said that the WEC has the best fighters in the world.
kopower
2/15/08 2:47:13PM
Condit reminds me of Nick Diaz a bit. He doesn't have the same boxing skills as Nick but both are outstanding at working subs from their backs and a bit cocky when they get in the cage. He would be a good addition
tuvok500
2/15/08 3:08:03PM
I don't see Condit beating anybody in the UFC WW top 5 .

GSP, Fitch, Hughes, Karo, Koscheck etc.. would all beat him badly i think !!

wrona666
2/15/08 3:39:34PM

Posted by tuvok500

I definatly agree with that, but i would still like to watch him fight any of those guys.....
wolfman
2/15/08 3:46:46PM

Posted by wrona666

Posted by tuvok500

I definatly agree with that, but i would still like to watch him fight any of those guys.....

Yes, also we know anything can happen in mma. Who knows, maybe he could catch Kos or GSP in an armbar or something.
NatedawgThaM
2/15/08 3:56:53PM
Condit is a lesser version of GSP. He's in a stacked division full of elite grapplers and the reason he's good is just like GSP, he uses those long limbs to his advantage to sprawl and takedown the shorter limb wrestlers. But GSP IMO has the better all around skill.

I couldn't see him doing anything in the UFC though. I think he'd lose badly to GSP and go back to the WEC. Shoot, I'm about to take one dimensional Matt Hughes who hasn't beaten a ranked WW besides a lazy BJ Penn at the time in years out of my top 10 and I still think Matt Hughes would beat him. But he definitely get spanked by GSP, Kos, Fitch, Diego, Thiago, Karo, and even Marcus Davis.