Carlos Condit Happy to Accept Rory MacDonald Rematch If Offered by UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Carlos Condit Happy to Accept Rory MacDonald Rematch If Offered by UFC
FastKnockout
12/10/12 4:13:53PM
Rory MacDonald wants a rematch with Carlos Condit, and for his part Carlos Condit is happy to accept the fight if the UFC wants it.

Link
BuffaloDave
12/10/12 4:17:11PM
Do it Dana!!!

They're both open to it, book that shit
prophecy033
12/10/12 4:18:53PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Do it Dana!!!

They're both open to it, book that shit

jae_1833
12/10/12 4:33:32PM
Love this, then Hendricks can get his title shot.....not sure what to do with a winner of Rory/Condit though....would they fight GSP? With Rory and GSP being training partners they may refuse and Condit just lost to GSP so what's the point other than pleasing me?
calitrees
12/10/12 4:48:58PM
I hope this fight happens, just not in Canada. I dont understand why they always let the top Canadian guys fight there over and over. Condit just fought against Toronto. Make the fight in America on the west coast then we can see how Rory fairs when Condit gets home advantage.
Bubbles
12/10/12 5:29:35PM

Posted by calitrees
Condit just fought against Toronto.

DancingDoll
12/10/12 5:37:58PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by calitrees
Condit just fought against Toronto.

I loved watching Condit vs. Toronto. It was epic.

But I'm *sure* he meant the last time Condit fought was in *Montreal*.

I think BC would be a good place for this showdown because that's where the first fight occurred. Plus by the same token Rory just fought in Seattle. So why shouldn't he get a Canadian city next. Putting big Canadian fighters on Canadian cards makes sense... Same as Brazil cards getting filled with Brazilian fighters. That's what fans who buy the tickets there want to see and there's not a ton of top Canadian fighters anyway.

Anyway... I'm super excited for this match wherever it takes place.
calitrees
12/10/12 5:41:10PM
Haha my bad i messed that one up. Gotta work on my Canadian cities.

I agree that putting Canadian fighters in Canada is good for ticket sales. But being able to fight on home soil over and over is a huge advantage. Im sure it doesnt matter to Condit cuz hes "a warrior" but having to beat GSP v2.0 for the second time in Canada is not cool and he just fought there.
shaneTpain
12/10/12 5:45:23PM
I will cut off my dick if this fight does not happen
Poor_Franklin
12/10/12 6:28:05PM

Posted by shaneTpain

prozacnation1978
12/10/12 6:43:10PM
It's gonna be co main in march ppv I bet
Bubbles
12/10/12 8:44:08PM

Posted by calitrees

Haha my bad i messed that one up. Gotta work on my Canadian cities.

I agree that putting Canadian fighters in Canada is good for ticket sales. But being able to fight on home soil over and over is a huge advantage. Im sure it doesnt matter to Condit cuz hes "a warrior" but having to beat GSP v2.0 for the second time in Canada is not cool and he just fought there.

Condit beat Rory in his hometown in their first meeting
bjj1605
12/10/12 8:50:21PM

Posted by shaneTpain

Seems a bit harsh.
sparky
12/10/12 9:33:15PM
I'd love to see my boy Rory-Mac get his revenge

Hopefully Dana and Joe Silva can make this rematch happen.
jae_1833
12/10/12 9:33:17PM

Posted by shaneTpain

thevoodooninja
12/10/12 9:59:05PM

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by shaneTpain

is it messed up i'm hoping it doesn't happen now?
calitrees
12/10/12 10:00:57PM

Posted by Bubbles

Yeah thats exactly the reason Condit shouldnt have to beat Rory in Canada again. Just cuz the guys mad he got embarrassed at home he, shouldnt have the home advantage again. Its Rorys turn to try to take out Condit on his territory or even in Brazil if they could pull that off.
JLS1980
12/10/12 10:51:33PM
I've been talking about this fight for months. I've mentioned time and time again when GSP beats Condit (and he did) and when Rory beats BJ (and he did) that Rory needs the re-match to avenge his lone loss. I see a very different outcome this time around. Rory has steadily been improving and I'm sure his buddy GSP will help him prepare well for this re-match.

War Rory Mac
tcunningham
12/10/12 11:34:34PM
this is good for both fighters and it makes sense. either that or let Kampmann fight rory. i think i would pick condit or Kampmann over rory
NaturalBornKiller92
12/11/12 9:39:53AM
I'm not liking Condit's style against Rory's but I'll still be rooting for him. Props to Condit for accepting the challenge so quickly. Condit v MacDonald will be a war!
postman
12/11/12 12:03:42PM

Posted by calitrees

Posted by Bubbles

Yeah thats exactly the reason Condit shouldnt have to beat Rory in Canada again. Just cuz the guys mad he got embarrassed at home he, shouldnt have the home advantage again. Its Rorys turn to try to take out Condit on his territory or even in Brazil if they could pull that off.

I agree I understand putting guys on in their home country. But the canadian guys seem to be able to get on the home card at first cry.
40ouncetofreedom
12/11/12 1:30:20PM

Posted by shaneTpain

I hope this fight doesn't happen..........Then Pics or GTFO!!!