Carlos Condit to Face Josh Koscheck at UFC 143

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Carlos Condit to Face Josh Koscheck at UFC 143
emfleek
11/21/11 1:49:09PM
As expected, Carlos Condit won't sit around and wait for Georges St-Pierre and Nick Diaz to decide the direction of the UFC welterweight division.

Instead, Condit will face former No. 1 contender Josh Koscheck at UFC 143.

Koscheck announced the fight on his own, and a source confirmed that Condit has at least verbally agreed to take the bout.

LINK
FlashyG
11/21/11 2:31:16PM
If GSP beats Diaz, I'd rather this fight be Condit vs Fitch.

Either way I'd be cheering for Condit but If we have to see a rematch I'd rather Fitch GSP 2 than Kos GSP 3.

airkerma
11/21/11 2:42:54PM

Posted by FlashyG

If GSP beats Diaz, I'd rather this fight be Condit vs Fitch.

Either way I'd be cheering for Condit but If we have to see a rematch I'd rather Fitch GSP 2 than Kos GSP 3.

but I don't forsee kos gsp 3 just for beating Condit. Given the laundry list of possible contenders, he would have to win at least twice to get another shot, not just have it gifted to him like certain golden boys. If Fitch were to win, there would simply be no way of denying him the title fight short of paying him hush money and putting him on dancing with the stars to help him pass the time.
emfleek
11/21/11 3:04:11PM

Posted by airkerma

but I don't forsee kos gsp 3 just for beating Condit. Given the laundry list of possible contenders, he would have to win at least twice to get another shot, not just have it gifted to him like certain golden boys. If Fitch were to win, there would simply be no way of denying him the title fight short of paying him hush money and putting him on dancing with the stars to help him pass the time.

LMAO @ Fitch on DWTS

tallica62
11/21/11 3:44:22PM
koscheck by wrestling domination tko
prophecy033
11/21/11 3:52:59PM
I think Kos will be smart and work for the takedown, like he did against Daley. Condit has better stand-up and Kos knows that which makes me think Kos will win via UD
Bubbles
11/21/11 4:30:03PM
Kos via UD. sucks to be Condit
imanidiot777
11/21/11 7:53:17PM
Are you guys forgetting how nasty Condit's BJJ is with those long spider-legs?

Daley didn't have a ground game, Condit does.
FlashyG
11/21/11 8:19:01PM
Its not like Koscheck hasn't fought and won against grapplers before.

I don't think Condit has anything that Kos hasn't seen, Kos should be more worried about getting knocked out than submitted if Condit's last few fights are any indication.
TeamDEY
11/21/11 11:01:15PM
Condit will beat Kos