Carlos Condit: ‘I can deal with any one of those guys in the UFC’ (Audio)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Carlos Condit: ‘I can deal with any one of those guys in the UFC’ (Audio)
SmileR
7/30/08 3:05:08PM
On his thoughts about the WEC’s welterweight division and where it fits in with Georges St. Pierre in the UFC and Jake Shields in EliteXC:
“There are some tough dudes. They (the WEC) are still working on their roster. They’re still working on filling out their welterweight division. Obviously, they are not as strong as the UFC. But I feel, me being the champion, I can deal with any one of those guys in the UFC and beat quite a few of them and give any of them a run for their money. There are some tough guys (in the WEC). My last three fights have been against pretty legit competitors. This guy I’m fighting on Sunday is very tough as well. It’s not as stacked as the UFC’s welterweight division, but there is some talent.”

Link

Audio Link

NOTE: The audio link has the full interview. The other link just gives you a quick outlay of what was asked.
scottsec
7/30/08 3:08:39PM
I think the top WW in the UFC take Condit but i would love to see how he would do....
FantasyFighter
7/30/08 3:19:02PM
I pretty much agree with Condit. I think that was a pretty honest assessment. I think he would give anyone a tough fight. I see GSP taking him down and avoiding subs and getting the win, but ANYBODY else in the UFC's WW div I see him as having at least a 50/50 shot at winning. A match between him and Shields would be a great fight I think. From what I have seen, I believe he is the real deal and is as good as any other WW save GSP. Love this guy!

Oh and that sneer on his face that he carries to the ring is just so intense! Its worth tuning in just to see that sneer!
xphycorx
7/30/08 3:21:21PM

Posted by FantasyFighter

I pretty much agree with Condit. I think that was a pretty honest assessment. I think he would give anyone a tough fight. I see GSP taking him down and avoiding subs and getting the win, but ANYBODY else in the UFC's WW div I see him as having at least a 50/50 shot at winning. A match between him and Shields would be a great fight I think. From what I have seen, I believe he is the real deal and is as good as any other WW save GSP. Love this guy!

Oh and that sneer on his face that he carries to the ring is just so intense! Its worth tuning in just to see that sneer!

i agree with you. i think he should come over to the ufc. i would also love to see shields in the ufc as well.
DevonFoxy
7/30/08 4:34:51PM

Posted by FantasyFighter

Agree to disagree. No way would he beat Fitch, Koscheck, Alves maybe but I would go with Alves GSP would take him heck I would even take Lytle over him so I'm glad he's confident but who in the top 15 has he fought and beat?

Trigg is the only person he has beat of note other than that he really hasn't fought any top competition. He would get muscled in the UFC because he's a small WW as it is.

Great skill set but is one of those guys that isn't big enough to be a WW but isn't small enough to make LW
Twenty20Dollars
7/30/08 9:52:30PM
I doubt condit could hang with the contenders in the UFC. Think he'd just be a gatekeeper in ufc, so he just needs to stay in WEC.
Rabi
7/31/08 6:29:42AM
He should back up his words and push for fights in the UFC. Lets see how good he really is.
FantasyFighter
8/5/08 1:56:51PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by FantasyFighter

Agree to disagree. No way would he beat Fitch, Koscheck, Alves maybe but I would go with Alves GSP would take him heck I would even take Lytle over him so I'm glad he's confident but who in the top 15 has he fought and beat?

Trigg is the only person he has beat of note other than that he really hasn't fought any top competition. He would get muscled in the UFC because he's a small WW as it is.

Great skill set but is one of those guys that isn't big enough to be a WW but isn't small enough to make LW

I would now like retract my earlier statement. I still think the guy is good, but after his fight with Miura, I see that he needs to work on his cardio quite a bit. He was gassed pretty early compared to the top guys in UFC, and if he did that in a fight, they would take over.
iwannabesedated
8/5/08 2:11:34PM
I dont think he would stand a chance against the top tier guys in the UFC..I think a guy like Lytle would beat him.He may be able to hang with your Chris Wilsons,and David Bielkhedens..But guys like Lytle,Karo,Swick and Davis would give him trouble let alone guys like Diego,Fitch,GSP,Alves.