Carlo Prater believes Joe Rogan publicly humiliated him after the Eric Silva disqualification

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Carlo Prater believes Joe Rogan publicly humiliated him after the Eric Silva disqualification
Bubbles
1/24/12 5:06:45PM
It’s been several weeks since the fight, and Carlo Prater is finally speaking about how he felt about it in this interview with Brazil’s Sportv.globo.com.

“I think in the end I was made out as a villain. I wasn’t laying on the octagon for nothing after the fight. I want that to be clear. I had to stay in the hospital until Monday. They (UFC) asked me not to go public because, indeed, that wouldn’t do any good for me or Eric. IMO, Mario did the right thing. It’s been a long time since rules have been implemented. You are not allowed to do anything you want inside the cage. Watching the fight video I could see at least 9 blows to the back of the head. I think the way Joe Rogan behaved was completely unethical. He went with the crowd. A real professional doesn’t do that. He was acting like a fan when he should be acting as a shout caster. Mario is a million time more competent than him. He’s been living off this for 20 years. Joe Rogan is just a swagger, someone who walks amongst fighters but isn’t really a fighter himself. He doesn’t understand. Whatever… human beings make mistakes and I am not going to be holding grudges against him”

This isn’t the first time someone has criticized Joe Rogan; but it is the first time that Joe Rogan took a position on a controversial stoppage and declared that the referee was wrong inside the octagon. While that kind of personal engagement to the sport might not be something we’re used to, I feel it’s exactly what’s missing in other sports. So often we find commentators sitting monotonous in a press booths, summing up what they see and offering little to no constructive interpretation outside of a fact sheet that’s handed to them, while Rogan lets his passion for the sport transcend the broadcast. Hopefully Carlo Prater and Joe Rogan can make amends before their next event together. Maybe they too can hug it out over a bag of plantain chips.

link
Khaos
1/24/12 5:14:55PM
I tend to agree with Mr.Prater.
mrsmiley
1/24/12 5:15:15PM
Prater needs to get over it and realize he got mowed down. I can understand his frustration to an extent and can sympathize with his situation but flat out lying and claiming their where nine blows to the back of the head is outrageous.

Prater, the reason why you where on the ground for so long in part,was do to a huge knee that knocked the wind straight out of you as well.
babalu46
1/24/12 5:15:42PM
I like the fact Rogan displayed his opinion I think there are times things like that need to be said and that was one of them.

But what is this guy on about 9 blows to the back of the head?!?! Am I right in thinking if the punch hits any part of the ear it's a legal punch? If that's the case I saw one possibly two illegal punches in that scramble.

Now I don't blame Yamasaki here he has to make a decision in an instant but I feel the DQ was wrong and with how fast everything happened it's understandable. But the fact Prater is trying to claim it was definately a DQ is just as bad or worse of what he's claiming from Rogan IMO.
hotrodttt
1/24/12 5:18:37PM
Honestly he kinda humiliated himself with that performance, and to put Joe on blast afterward is totally unprofessional and will probably get him cut.
grappler0000
1/24/12 5:19:17PM
How does questioning the call of Mario Yamasaki humiliate Carlo Prater?
Kpro
1/24/12 5:33:20PM
Joe Rogan questioned the decision to call the fight a DQ made by Mario which had nothing to do with Prater's performance. If that publicly humiliates him, he should find a profession that involves not being in the public eye.
Poor_Franklin
1/24/12 5:47:38PM

Posted by Kpro

Joe Rogan questioned the decision to call the fight a DQ made by Mario which had nothing to do with Prater's performance. If that publicly humiliates him, he should find a profession that involves not being in the public eye.

couldnt agree more
FastKnockout
1/24/12 5:54:09PM
You opened a can of worms, Mr. Prater. Rogan isn't someone you want to mess with in the public eye.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3
Bubbles
1/24/12 5:56:26PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Kpro

couldnt agree more

9 blows to the back of the head? i almost spit out my drink when i read that. if you are so pissed, demand a rematch and get your ass kicked again. ill gladly take the 11 points i was robbed of
Wallass
1/24/12 6:01:36PM
I think Jon Fitch had more reason to be upset when he was knocked out by Hendricks and Rogan laughed about Fitch being knocked out and trying to take down the referee when he came to. I'll admit the whole thing was a little humorous but the way Rogan put it and gave time for the crowd to laugh as well caused me some secondary humiliation for Fitch.
Kpro
1/24/12 6:02:03PM
Joe Rogan may not be a fighter but his martial arts credentials are actually more impressive than many fighters on the roster. TKD black belt and 4 time state champion and 1x USA TKD US Open LW Champion, 3 professional kickboxing bouts, BJJ brown belt under Machado after training under Carlson Gracie, as well as a BJJ brown belt via Eddie Bravo in the 10th planet system.

I'm not saying he'd beat anyone on the UFC roster at any weight class, but it's not like he's an analyst who went to broadcasting school with no martial arts training just schmoozing around trying to be one of the fighters.

Really just comes across by Prater as a poor-me-I-can't-believe-he-did-that, buuuuut let me invalidate Joe in a similar way to how I think he humiliated me. He could have said this in a much more professional manner just as he feels Rogan could've acted in a much more professional way.
shaneTpain
1/24/12 6:38:43PM
Whats Prater whining about!?! He got a free W on his record for getting KTFO
Kpro
1/24/12 6:43:12PM

Posted by shaneTpain

He should probably be quiet otherwise Yves Edwards will get fired for being a training partner. At least that's what ESPN's Outside The Lines told me.
prophecy033
1/24/12 6:48:34PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by shaneTpain

He should probably be quiet otherwise Yves Edwards will get fired for being a training partner. At least that's what ESPN's Outside The Lines told me.

shaneTpain
1/24/12 6:55:28PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Kpro

Posted by shaneTpain

bjj1605
1/24/12 7:16:43PM
Everyone has pretty much summed up how I feel about this.

I just want to add that I really enjoy what Prater calls Joe's "unprofessionalism."

Unlike most commentators in most sports (including MMA) he says substantive things. Agree or disagree with what he says, but at least he is saying SOMETHING instead of just prattling on meaninglessly.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
1/24/12 7:45:41PM
Well it doesn't appear that Joe and Prater will cross paths again because prater isn\t on the ufc site anymore, anyways....Thanks for coming out haha
Bubbles
1/24/12 7:56:06PM

Posted by FastKnockout

You opened a can of worms, Mr. Prater. Rogan isn't someone you want to mess with in the public eye.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

pure pwnage
tmas
1/24/12 9:03:30PM
wow Prater being butt hurt.....Silly
Sir_Karl
1/24/12 10:29:06PM
I agree with Prater in some ways. While I am a huge Rogan fan I feel he has absolutely no business questioning the refs about what calls they make. I think Rogan is approaching dangerous territory by questioning the refs. In no other sport would a commentator interview a referee about a call.
Infused
1/24/12 10:29:24PM

Enough said... giffed.
tallica62
1/24/12 11:47:47PM
ehh..true, but bottom line he lost...and no one will remember one way or the other..so don't sweat it..your next fight is your chance
Bubbles
1/25/12 12:21:44AM
awesome gif

Posted by tallica62

ehh..true, but bottom line he lost...and no one will remember one way or the other..so don't sweat it..your next fight is your chance

5 years from now, some newish fan will look back on the record and see that Silva "lost" via DQ and assume he did it on purpose/cheated/etc....much like many have said about Anderson vs Okami I
Aether
1/25/12 12:30:12AM
He was disappointed that he didn't get a chance to explain his winning gameplan to us, I guess.
KungFuMaster
1/25/12 2:12:06AM
I have spoken against Rogan's action regarding that fateful night but my opinion means nothing in the scheme of things. However, Prater is a fighter with more diplomacy and leverage and I am so glad he came out to voice this......and I agree completely with what he said.
GSPCanada
1/25/12 3:07:17PM
I don't think what joe did was unprofessional. I'm a huge football fan and i remember watching a series of blown calls before instant replay was implemented. Without commentators and journalists criticizing blatantly bad calls I don't think instant replay exists. Joe asked mario what he saw and it is about time refs were held accountable. I'd love for them to interview judges after a fight too. The atheltic commissions are all but useless imo. Mario is a very good ref and i can see why he made that mistake if he goes on air and says I have to make the decision right then and there then maybe we should consider replays in mma as well

as for prater. he laid there holding his shoulder it looked to me that silva sprawled on it so i don't know why he is claiming the shots to the back of the head were the reason
bjj1605
1/25/12 5:36:41PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I have spoken against Rogan's action regarding that fateful night but my opinion means nothing in the scheme of things. However, Prater is a fighter with more diplomacy and leverage and I am so glad he came out to voice this......and I agree completely with what he said.

So do you think that what Silva did actually warranted a DQ??

Or do you just have a problem with people being called out for their mistakes???
KungFuMaster
1/26/12 1:01:09PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by KungFuMaster

So do you think that what Silva did actually warranted a DQ??

Or do you just have a problem with people being called out for their mistakes???

We have already beat this topic to death.

I felt Silva should have not been disqualified.

I felt Yamasak made a bad call.

I felt Rogan was a jerk.

And I feel you're just trying to push my buttons and you probably will not see this post or respond to it anyway - therefore, I win by default.

emfleek
1/26/12 1:05:41PM

Posted by Aether

He was disappointed that he didn't get a chance to explain his winning gameplan to us, I guess.