UFC career earnings (updated after every event)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC career earnings (updated after every event)
Bubbles
8/9/12 11:03:02PM
Athletic commissions didn't start releasing fighter purse info until 2004, so the info below only reflects money earned from UFC 46 and onward. Also, these are only the reported salaries plus Fight of the Night, Knockout of the Night and Submission of the Night bonuses that have been made public. Many top performing fighters get additional bonuses paid out to them that aren't reported, plus the top guys get a cut of the pay-per-view buys for events that they headline (not to mention every fighter makes sponsorship money). Also, many athletic commissions don't report fighter's salary info, so for those we've estimated a fighter's purse based on what they have earned in their other fights. Fighters with some estimated purses are marked with a * in the database. This data should still be considered very close to accurate, as most fighters' purses remain rather steady from fight to fight (unless they ink a new contract in the meantime).

click me
Bubbles
8/9/12 11:08:31PM
757 Tiki Ghosn $2,000

made no money, has highlights in his goatee, 0-4 in the UFC ...how the hell did he land Arianny??
MALICE
8/9/12 11:12:01PM
So Jackson is the third highest paid fighter on the UFC roster and he is not happy with the UFC. Money isn't everything, but it sure does help. Apparently Jackson is either greedy, or he was looking for something more than money from the UFC.
Twenty20Dollars
8/9/12 11:21:52PM
I'm guessing Lesnar made the highest money per fight.
warglory
8/9/12 11:23:56PM

Posted by MALICE

So Jackson is the third highest paid fighter on the UFC roster and he is not happy with the UFC. Money isn't everything, but it sure does help. Apparently Jackson is either greedy, or he was looking for something more than money from the UFC.

This was the first thing that jumped out at me too. The man has made over 4 million dollars from contract money alone, and who knows how many millions more from endorsements. This information makes him sound even worse when he complains about his pay. Unbelievable.
Bubbles
8/9/12 11:44:10PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

well by these numbers Lesnar made $403,571 per fight...James Toney got $500,000 for his one fight. But if you count PPV cuts and locker room bonuses and such, then yeah I think he easily takes it
lohmann
8/9/12 11:59:33PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

well by these numbers Lesnar made $403,571 per fight...James Toney got $500,000 for his one fight. But if you count PPV cuts and locker room bonuses and such, then yeah I think he easily takes it

I am almost offended that James Toney made more getting tripped and submitted than Okami has made during his entire UFC run.

These numbers overall, with a few exceptions, seem to accurately reflect what a fighter actually deserves in relation to the rest of the roster though.
infestructure
8/10/12 1:04:15AM

Posted by Bubbles

757 Tiki Ghosn $2,000

made no money, has highlights in his goatee, 0-4 in the UFC ...how the hell did he land Arianny??

731 Kit Cope $ 3,000

Made no money, seems like a grade A douche...how the hell did he score Gina Carano?
LuckyCharms
8/10/12 2:37:30AM

Posted by MALICE

I'm thinking that Jackson wasted all that money, that's why is he's unhappy.
MALICE
8/10/12 8:24:38AM

Posted by LuckyCharms
I'm thinking that Jackson wasted all that money, that's why is he's unhappy.

I think you are probably right. In Jackson's past interviews, when he at least appeared to be happy in the UFC, he always joked about how much it cost to put Jordons on all of his kids' feet. Unless he is buying the insanely priced limited edition Jordans being auctioned off on ebay, he should still have a few million still laying around.

The lesson to be learned here is, "Never underestimate the power of contraception. It could save you millions in shoe costs."