How long before we see SF/UFC cards

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » How long before we see SF/UFC cards
roofer1967
4/21/11 3:27:51PM
I know they want to run as two separate companys. But more then likely Strikeforce will merge into the ufc once the Showtime deal runs out.So my question is how long do you think it will be before we start seeing guys from Strikeforce fighting guys in the ufc. I can't see them waiting for the merge they would be missing out on to much money. And i noticed on the last SF card a couple of their fighters have already started talking about it.( Gilbert and Diaz )
prozacnation1978
4/21/11 4:02:13PM
simple when their contracts are up with strikeforce

i only think about 50% of them will be in ufc
just cause strikeforce doesnt have bantam or feather and ufc doesnt want the girls

welter is weak, they will take diaz,woodley, and maybe one or two more
but most of the guys in heavy is what ufc wants
lightweight they want gilbert, thomson, maybe noons, and thats it

i do think by end of year people like hendo, mayhem, will make it
i dont see melendez or overeem this year

depends who's contract is up

2012 will be the birth of the super fights
emfleek
4/21/11 4:14:27PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i do think by end of year people like hendo, mayhem, will make it
i dont see melendez or overeem this year

depends who's contract is up

2012 will be the birth of the super fights

kingsmasher
4/21/11 5:02:54PM
I definitely see maybe a fighter or two going to SF to fight from the UFC makes sense...I know the UFC will want to definitely honor the contract with Showtime and to put on good fights and there just arent enough fighters there unless the UFC is going to hire Japanese guys...

After thinking about it yeah I agree the UFC wanted the HW from SF...They know they only had about 4 guys in the UFC that are worthy as of right now who could be champions..
sbulldavid
4/21/11 8:01:48PM
If Overeem wins the tournament and Cain comes back to defend the title we'll have the most hyped fight in MMA history at Heavyweight.
Lesnar1
4/21/11 9:56:49PM
I think crossover fights are possible but unlikely due to the ufc "seperating" themselves from strikeforce kind of stupid since they own both promotions but until strikeforce officially closes up shop we won't see any crossover fights.
jae_1833
4/21/11 11:32:33PM
I think that the UFC is going to slowly rape SF of it's talent by offering up guys who put on great fights, but have lost enough to warrant a pink slip. That will slow the bleading out process a little bit an make them not look entirely like a monopoly as they acquire the top talents that have been previously mentioned.
BustedKnuckle
4/22/11 10:20:32PM
Simply put never. There will never be a SF/UFC simultanious card. SF will be around as long as the important fighters contracts are fulfilled. After that, it is all UFC and SF will go the way of Pride/Affliction/Wamma/ everyone else!! Simply put. The best fighters will fight in the UFC bar none.......or they wont fight any kind of legit comp. Good luck Fedor fidning fights in Dream or Sengoku that pay like USA companys......or that pay at all!
tcunningham
4/23/11 1:24:19AM
i agree to an extent. if the strikeforce fighters leave SF when their contracts are up then its only a matter of time before they are going to hurt for top named guys but as of right now they will stay a separate organization completly.
Rabi
4/23/11 5:26:02AM
The sooner they merge the better, some of the most exciting times in MMA as been when UFC has bought another company and Merged, PRIDE and WEC standout the most, I cant wait to see the Strikeforce fighters in the UFC.