Cardio with weight gain?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Cardio with weight gain?
Pitbull09
9/5/07 10:19:24PM
So Ive been wanting to gain weight but with 30 minutes of bag work and 30 min biking, is that to much cardio to gain weight? This is amusing I eat 6 meals a day.
Jackelope
9/5/07 10:48:36PM
Depends on your muscle mass, I would say.

Also are you hitting the weights or are you just doing striking practice/cardio?
loonytnt
9/5/07 10:53:46PM
left a lot if you wanna gain, cardio is good always
Pitbull09
9/6/07 10:15:16PM

Posted by Jackelope

Also are you hitting the weights or are you just doing striking practice/cardio?

I do weights for about an 1hr and a half to 2 so im good there but im wondering if its in vain if im doing an hr of cardio right after.
Jackelope
9/7/07 12:11:50AM
Not at all. Just know that you'll be building lean mass which is harder to build, although it does build. Just takes time buddy. Keep it up!
bayonetxwork
9/7/07 5:18:12PM
i wouldn't do any strict cardio, the closest I would do is super setting or circuit training. you have to put on weight to gain lean muscle mass most of the time. thats why most guys put on weight over the winter, so they can bulk up in the spring and be cut by summer. just know that when your trying to gain weight, a little extra "fat" doesn't hurt, lift a lot, and then do a lot of cardio and it will come right off.
jdubs
9/9/07 10:07:55PM
you will not gain any weight with that much cario... run sprints instead and you do not really need to lift any longer than 40-60 minutes. low reps and eat several times daily.
casey64
9/12/07 9:07:39PM

Posted by Jackelope

I agree
jocka
9/16/07 1:35:32PM
Probably the best thing you can do is seperate weight training and cardio in 2 different work out. Lets say you go to the gym in the morning (by the way 2 hours of weight training is way too much an hours max is perfect), and in the afternoon or evening do a bit of jogging or cycling. Be sure to increase the level of good carbs you eat since you will need the energy (eat about 2 hours or so before running or training). Protein shake right after you lift weight or run since your muscle will need the proteins to grow. Sleep 8 hours a day. BEst thing i could say to you is experiment its not cause it works or me that it will on you so try a lot of different things.

In regards to your initial questions, you probaly should not do more than 30 minutes or cardio maybee even less, too musch cardio will make you loose body mass.

Good luck