Which card would you rather see?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Which card would you rather see?
POLL: Which event would you rather see?
Frankie Edagr vs. Jim Miller 39% (9)
George St. Pierre vs. Jake Ellenberger 61% (14)
FastKnockout
3/9/11 5:04:29PM
I'm going to steal jjean's idea and try my own event poll. So, if you had the chance to see only one of the following two cards, which would you choose?

Main Event: Frankie Edgar vs. Jim Miller
Co-Main Event: Junior Dos Santos vs. Frank Mir
Forrest Griffin vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Carlos Condit vs. Mike Swick
Brian Stann vs. Alan Belcher

Main Event: George St. Pierre vs. Jake Ellenberger
Co-Main: Lyoto Machida vs. Rich Franklin 2
Kenny Florian vs. Anthony Pettis
Roy Nelson vs. Pat Barry
Thiago Alves vs. Anthony Johnson
Budgellism
3/9/11 5:17:21PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I'm going to steal jjean's idea and try my own event poll. So, if you had the chance to see only one of the following two cards, which would you choose?

Roy Nelson vs. Pat Barry

Now those are some solid cards. I have to go with the first one though. I'm a little biased considering Frankie Edgar and Alan Belcher are both in my top 5 favourite fighters. That and the idea of Brian Stann vs. Alan Belcher is actually an incredible fight. Good job coming up with the cards. Very realistic vibe (except gsp vs. Ellenberger)
jjeans
3/9/11 5:27:34PM

Posted by Budgellism

Now those are some solid cards.

As I said the cards i made I never claimed to be solid, It was more a question of who was a bigger draw, whether people would rather see fights finished, or sytlisticically more exciting fights. If i wanted a solid card I would have said

Brock Vs Fedor, Silva Vs Jon Jones etc.

However I went with Edgar, as it has griffin and JDS both of whom im big fans of, Machida can be very.... well unwatchable at times, and I'd rather not see another kickboxer get crucified by the big man!
FastKnockout
3/9/11 5:31:13PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by FastKnockout

Roy Nelson vs. Pat Barry

Now those are some solid cards. I have to go with the first one though. I'm a little biased considering Frankie Edgar and Alan Belcher are both in my top 5 favourite fighters. That and the idea of Brian Stann vs. Alan Belcher is actually an incredible fight. Good job coming up with the cards. Very realistic vibe (except gsp vs. Ellenberger)

Thanks. It's hard trying to think of someone at Welterweight who could fight GSP that wouldn't be a rematch, and I figured Ellenberger would make it exciting so I tossed him in there. haha
FastKnockout
3/9/11 5:32:55PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Budgellism

As I said the cards i made I never claimed to be solid, It was more a question of who was a bigger draw, whether people would rather see fights finished, or sytlisticically more exciting fights. If i wanted a solid card I would have said

However I went with Edgar, as it has griffin and JDS both of whom im big fans of, Machida can be very.... well unwatchable at times, and I'd rather not see another kickboxer get crucified by the big man!

No worries, man. Just because some guys don't like a card, doesn't mean everyone won't. I think everyone should follow your idea and post a poll for their own fantasy cards.
kopower
3/9/11 5:52:31PM
I personally like the second one.
jjeans
3/9/11 7:16:41PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Budgellism

No worries, man. Just because some guys don't like a card, doesn't mean everyone won't. I think everyone should follow your idea and post a poll for their own fantasy cards.

I just put two cards I thought compared pretty evenly, and wanted too see if people would be interested in a bigger draw main event or an overal average card, people took the average card

But thanks for appriciating the idea /
State_Champ
3/9/11 7:56:50PM
I like the second one the best.
Pookie
3/9/11 8:01:25PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Roy Nelson vs. Pat Barry

I feel Card #2 has a better supporting Cast, the last two fights on card #1 i could not care less about, whereas the bottom of Card #2 is riveting, and leads directly to the destruction of Rich Franklin.
GraMMA
3/9/11 9:04:14PM
Both solid but I like #1 best, I feel it would have the best mix of striking and grappling.
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/9/11 9:47:19PM
I'm gonna go with card #1. Forrest has always been a favorite and Jim Miller has recently become a favorite over the past year. On card #2 I would love to see Lyoto defeat Franklin again but not enough to pick that card over the first one. Solid matchmaking .
Malaussie
3/9/11 10:58:24PM
I'd go for the first one due to feeling the main event and co-main will be more entertaining.
Budgellism
3/10/11 3:00:11PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by FastKnockout

Roy Nelson vs. Pat Barry

Thanks. It's hard trying to think of someone at Welterweight who could fight GSP that wouldn't be a rematch, and I figured Ellenberger would make it exciting so I tossed him in there. haha

I can definitely see what you mean. Putting GSP in a competitive match up these days is definitely a challenge. The Ellenberger match could be good, I just feel like after his last performance it would be all too easy for GSP. But I definitely see where you're coming from.
TS92turbo
3/11/11 12:00:55AM
GSP/Ellenberger. Its stacked through and through.