Carano Not Fighting in 2011

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Carano Not Fighting in 2011
emfleek
11/1/11 4:18:23PM
There had been some speculation that Gina Carano, still arguably the most famous women's MMA fighter in the world, was targeting a return to action on Strikeforce's Dec. 17 card in San Diego. However, sources close to the event confirmed with MMAFighting.com that Carano will not be competing on the card.

Carano announced her return to Strikeforce in February of this year, however, an undisclosed illness forced her to pull out of her June 18 fight against Sarah D'Alelio. As of right now, Strikeforce has no plans for her return to the cage.

LINK
emfleek
11/1/11 4:20:52PM
Okay, it's been over 2 years since she last fought. At this point, I couldn't care less if she fights again and honestly wouldn't be surprised if she hung 'em up for good. I think she lost more than the fight against Cyborg personally.
Poor_Franklin
11/1/11 4:22:46PM
yeah. i quit caring when she didn't fight last year.
Pookie
11/1/11 4:23:41PM
Go figure. I mean, it's obvious her heart hasn't been in the sport ever since she wasn't the face of WMMA anymore.
prophecy033
11/1/11 5:39:51PM
I was hoping to see her fine ass in the cage sometime soon, looks like its back to Google for me
prozacnation1978
11/1/11 7:22:10PM
I doubt she fights again
jae_1833
11/1/11 7:51:27PM
Really....Gina isnt fighting in 2011.....we are told this in November.....like we didnt already know.
Bubbles
11/1/11 8:15:42PM
a sickness that will last 6 weeks? thats some serious shit
pmoney
11/1/11 10:16:26PM

Posted by emfleek

Okay, it's been over 2 years since she last fought. At this point, I couldn't care less if she fights again and honestly wouldn't be surprised if she hung 'em up for good. I think she lost more than the fight against Cyborg personally.

Exactly what I came here to say. I think the heart got beat right out of her in her last fight.
RhythmAndStyle
11/2/11 2:18:56AM
lets face the facts, all she was, was a good lookin women, who can so-so fight..she had no ground game..her strikin was okish..she wouldnt be able to beat Marloes or even Tate at this point (she prolly wont even be able to make weight for that), cuz for sure she's wont fight Cybor again..