Carano vs. "Cyborg" Strikeforce title bout targeted for August

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Carano vs. "Cyborg" Strikeforce title bout targeted for August
Twenty20Dollars
4/12/09 1:23:05PM
linkage

SAN JOSE, Calif. - The female superfight that ProElite built but never promoted may happen as soon as August.

At Saturday night's "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz" post-event press conference, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said he hopes to arrange a bout between former EliteXC stars Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (7-1) and Gina Carano (7-0) by that date.

And when the two finally step into the cage, it will be for the organization's first female title.

"That's going to be the No. 1 and the No. 2 female fighting in the world," Coker said. "It will be our first Strikeforce female title belt. We're going to be proud to put that on, and hopefully we can put that on in August.

"That's our date we're shooting for, and pending some discussion with either fighter it could go further. But at some point we will have this fight. I feel very confident."
TimW001
4/12/09 1:32:31PM
War Cyborg!
sclasclemski
4/12/09 1:37:05PM
What Weight?
Twenty20Dollars
4/12/09 1:43:23PM
150 haaha, better make it 155
prozacnation1978
4/12/09 6:53:46PM
better make it 160
i wonder what the odds are for either girl not making weight
or both of them
breakdown5
4/12/09 7:48:55PM

Posted by sclasclemski

What Weight?

They better pick a weight limit that both of these ladies can hit consistently. There are no allowances for title fights, so they both better be on point for this one.
LakieMan
4/12/09 8:33:24PM
Lets go Carano, I really hope she wins.
PABLOMAFIOSO
4/12/09 8:47:44PM
Hoping Carano keeps her good looks
LakieMan
4/12/09 9:08:21PM

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

Hoping Carano keeps her good looks

Ditto
chitownsfinest15
4/13/09 12:08:35AM
i agree about the weight thing but come on...these 2 can bearly make weight at anytime of their fights...they should just let them fight and then crown a winner and make a weight class...cyborg will win though or maybe strikforce is taking on elitexc thoughts and may fix the fight so carano wins...
slapshot
4/13/09 1:53:45AM
I think they are fairly even, there was a time that I didn't think Gina could hang with Cyborg but she has improved and keeps improving and I think she has a very good opportunity to win this.

WAR CARANO!