Captains of Crush torsion grippers

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Captains of Crush torsion grippers
Svartorm
5/13/07 2:33:30AM
Anyone try these before?

A customer at work brought in a #2 for me to try out, and it was pretty sweet, and apparently you get some kind of certification if you can close a #3 or #4. Anyone tried these, and if so, how much harder is it to close a #3? The #2 didn't give me much trouble, but if the #3 is twice as strong or something, I couldn't close it.
Mastodon2
5/13/07 6:24:32AM
Are those the little V shaped things with a spring in the middle that you just try and close with your hand? Ive had a go on some pretty heavy ones, Im not sure of the grade, but I could do some of the stronger ones, Im a bit of a Nogueira in that sense ("Nogueira's grip strength is insane!" - Bas Rutten)

Howeve, the very top level one, equal to 395lbs of pressure required to close it, has only been closed properly (one handed, not cheating) by 5 different people worldwide!
bayonetxwork
5/13/07 11:57:20AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Are those the little V shaped things with a spring in the middle that you just try and close with your hand? Ive had a go on some pretty heavy ones, Im not sure of the grade, but I could do some of the stronger ones, Im a bit of a Nogueira in that sense ("Nogueira's grip strength is insane!" - Bas Rutten)

Howeve, the very top level one, equal to 395lbs of pressure required to close it, has only been closed properly (one handed, not cheating) by 5 different people worldwide!

Damn they could snap my neck with their hand!
Svartorm
5/13/07 3:56:58PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Actually, if you read the requirements for certification, you're allowed to use two hands to close it, but there must be an credit card sized gap between the handles before you take your other hand off and close them all the way with one hand.
fedorwins1
5/14/07 3:41:44PM
I need to see this, anyone got a vid.?
Svartorm
5/14/07 10:19:27PM
Of someone closing a torsion gripper? Are you really that bored?

But seriously, Magnus Samuelsson of Worlds Strongest Man fame is one ot the five men who can close a #4, so if you look for his name on Youtube or something, you should be able to find a video if one exists.
fedorwins1
5/15/07 1:24:38PM

Posted by Svartorm

Of someone closing a torsion gripper? Are you really that bored?

But seriously, Magnus Samuelsson of Worlds Strongest Man fame is one ot the five men who can close a #4, so if you look for his name on Youtube or something, you should be able to find a video if one exists.

Well I am that bored, but still that's an awesome feat that I would like to see.