Capoeira MMA Knockout

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Capoeira MMA Knockout
Wolfenstein
4/6/09 1:22:27PM
One of the best knockouts I've seen in a long time. Capoeira in MMA? Awesome!

link
papercut
4/6/09 1:28:25PM
I will say that it was a sick knockout and capoeria is an awesome martial art to watch but I don't think that would work more than a couple times for a fighter in mma.
mrsmiley
4/6/09 3:00:04PM
Nice knockout!

Though I don't think the guys opponent was even close to being ready for a fight like that.

I will admit though, that for some time now I've been contemplating how the future of MMA might evolve and I have a theory.
Now I'm willing to admit this theory is somewhat pushing the boundry,but I think it's possible.

MMA as an animal is pretty much complete on what we currently have to work with.
I mean you thrown in some BJJ, Muay Thai,Boxing, wrestling, some Judo,Sambo,etc.

These are proven Martial Art disicplines that work effectivley, one on one combat within a structure of rules.
But as were fighters have fined tuned these art within MMA, I think we might see a new wave of fighters that will adapt other martial arts into an MMA system.
Will we see a day when capoeria,Aikido,TKD, etc will be effectively intergrated into MMA?

I'm not saying by no means that it will happen, but what is the possiblity that it might happen?
breakdown5
4/6/09 4:25:56PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Nice knockout!

Though I don't think the guys opponent was even close to being ready for a fight like that.

I will admit though, that for some time now I've been contemplating how the future of MMA might evolve and I have a theory.
Now I'm willing to admit this theory is somewhat pushing the boundry,but I think it's possible.

MMA as an animal is pretty much complete on what we currently have to work with.
I mean you thrown in some BJJ, Muay Thai,Boxing, wrestling, some Judo,Sambo,etc.

These are proven Martial Art disicplines that work effectivley, one on one combat within a structure of rules.
But as were fighters have fined tuned these art within MMA, I think we might see a new wave of fighters that will adapt other martial arts into an MMA system.
Will we see a day when capoeria,Aikido,TKD, etc will be effectively intergrated into MMA?

I'm not saying by no means that it will happen, but what is the possiblity that it might happen?

I think we are already starting to see that with Machida a little bit. He has quite effectively integrated his top level karate into his MMA game, and has done so well IMO. So I agree that we will start to see more styles integrated into MMA. If it's effective technique and it fits into your overall game, I don't see why people wouldn't add whatever skills they have in. Its all about making styles that aren't super effective work within the confines of the cage.

Great vid too. Guy got destroyed big time.
wiggum
4/6/09 5:50:43PM
that video is frickin AWESOME!...love that ko.....reminds me of dustin hoffman in meet the fockers........yeah, every single martial art has elements that have real world practicality elements to them...is just that wrestling, boxing, bjj etc have more practicalitie elemants than most do so you see more success from them.....but man, that does make me wanna learn that kicking move! haha
mrsmiley
4/6/09 7:01:38PM

Posted by breakdown5

Posted by mrsmiley

Nice knockout!

I think we are already starting to see that with Machida a little bit. He has quite effectively integrated his top level karate into his MMA game, and has done so well IMO. So I agree that we will start to see more styles integrated into MMA. If it's effective technique and it fits into your overall game, I don't see why people wouldn't add whatever skills they have in. Its all about making styles that aren't super effective work within the confines of the cage.

Yeah Machida seems to be proof of that already beginning.
I think it's interesting to wonder how many more fighters might sucsussfully intergrate more traditional styles into an MMA format.
It just overloads my brain!
TJ_Husker
4/6/09 8:28:34PM
The sound that kick made was sick. That thing landed flush.

Just found the official video with slow-mo replays. Link
Amigop
4/6/09 11:02:17PM
Damn. Thats just crazy. Mad props for that video
kaskd
4/8/09 7:57:52PM
AWESOME video! Crazy knock out.
StriderXero
4/9/09 7:01:56AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by breakdown5

Posted by mrsmiley

Nice knockout!

Yeah Machida seems to be proof of that already beginning.
I think it's interesting to wonder how many more fighters might sucsussfully intergrate more traditional styles into an MMA format.
It just overloads my brain!

There's also Anderson Silva and Jon Jones use some Wing Chun techniques
RMFG_187
4/11/09 11:30:12PM
Crazy KO, but Capoeira has no place in MMA, im sorry.

BTW neither does Aikido
Mayhem13
4/12/09 9:56:43PM
who is that...and why does he have the same name as Maximus...

but that was cool to see, although I dont think it would translate as well agaisnt a better opponent