Canadian Fighter Dies After Training

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Canadian Fighter Dies After Training
madmarck
2/21/08 6:42:58PM
A young Canadian mixed martial artist died after a light sparring session Tuesday evening in Stratford, Prince Edward Island.

Rene Ayangma, 20, a member of Team Bueno based out of the Largo Fitness Centre, was preparing for his second MMA fight, scheduled for Extreme Cage Combat in Halifax on March 15.

Link
RMFG_187
2/21/08 7:00:21PM
Thats Nuts. My heart goes out too his family, they must be going through a lot now. I Wonder what the cause is. dehydration? or drug related. but it is not normal too pass out just like that.
dust
2/21/08 8:37:03PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Thats Nuts. My heart goes out too his family, they must be going through a lot now. I Wonder what the cause is. dehydration? or drug related. but it is not normal too pass out just like that.

I would guess it was some sort of defect. The dude was in school for sports medicine type shit. He probably would have recognized dehydration. Maybe he used some drugs, but I doubt it. Most likely a genetic defect with a heart valve or something like that.
cmill21
2/21/08 9:22:43PM

Posted by dust

Posted by RMFG_187

I would guess it was some sort of defect. The dude was in school for sports medicine type shit. He probably would have recognized dehydration. Maybe he used some drugs, but I doubt it. Most likely a genetic defect with a heart valve or something like that.

Yes those are terrible things that I wish doctors were able to detect easier. I almost want to have an EKG just to check out my ticker.
Trench777
2/22/08 2:40:54AM
Tragic news.

Prayers to the family & friends.

T777
CornishMMA
2/22/08 5:04:42AM
Damn

RIP bud
AO
2/22/08 8:02:04AM
I met him last year. Seemed like a nice guy. Terrible news.
taporsnap25
2/22/08 1:00:17PM
for some congenital heart defects the first symptom can be death. the group of people it effects this way most often is male athletes in their late teens and early twenties. if this was the actual cause of his death
Silent-Sir
2/22/08 4:50:50PM
Truly horrible news.

My condolences to the family during this difficult time.
RIP Rene.