Canadian Fans Booing.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Canadian Fans Booing.
madmarck
3/30/07 7:44:04AM
I jsut watched TKO 28 last night (on RDS for those of you in Canada). And i realized. I was wrong, Canadian fans do boo.
When Thomas Schulte was intorduced for his fight with Goulet, Thomas was booed. Not a long boo just a quick short one mind you. But when the annoucner said he was from New MExico. Bam Boo went up. It died quick though. Not ot mention Jonathan Goulet is a big time Favourite there.

Also another Boo i noticed. But one that was actually very well placed. In the Stout\Holanda match. Not due to Sam but Fabio Really. This guy just stalls so much. Not like clinhcing or Lay and Pray.
But when aRef stands the fight up, Holanda will take literlally forever to get up. And at the beginning of the 2nd round. Holanada had his back turned whent he bell rang leaning against the Cage. Ignorign the Ref. Im Pretty sure Yves Lavigne was gonna KO him b4 Stout was.

Holanda has a gas tank the size of a eletric car for those of you who havent seen him. I saw his fight with Clemtni at 170. He dominatade almsot full 3 rounds. Last minute he tires out Rich climbs on top and pounds him out.

The reason Sam stout Beat Holanada by TKO a 5:00 of the 2nd? Fabio was tired out. Sam Literally spend 2 full rounds defending, and thats it. Im sure he was behind in both rounds. Yet Fabio just collasped after the 2nd round, he was so tired out from beign on top.
Rush
3/30/07 9:35:25PM
At least we don't boo during other national anthems.

I'm sure some of the fans were just returning the favour since most Canadian fighters get a really cold welcome in the UFC.

I really appreciate GSP trying to eliminate the USA vs Canada shit in the UFC. The UFC (and other organizations) is fighter vs. fighter.

If you want to see countries battle watch the olympics and the world cup.
madmarck
3/31/07 5:32:35PM

Posted by Rush

Right on. Not to mention who really cares?

I laughed so hard at Bodog: Russia vs USA....................being held in Canada.
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/4/07 1:39:18AM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Rush

Right on. Not to mention who really cares?

I laughed so hard at Bodog: Russia vs USA....................being held in Canada.

Thats why I love K1
hook_tothe_body
4/10/07 1:52:04PM

Posted by Rush

Exactly.
madmarck
4/10/07 2:10:18PM

Posted by hook_tothe_body

Posted by Rush

Exactly.

Not during one hockey game ever have we booed the American Anthem (what ever it is). God i love the fact that Canadians are the best in the world at a sport.
SteedTheDeed
4/10/07 5:25:57PM

Posted by Rush

I'm sure some of the fans were just returning the favour since most Canadian fighters get a really cold welcome in the UFC.

I really appreciate GSP trying to eliminate the USA vs Canada shit in the UFC. The UFC (and other organizations) is fighter vs. fighter.

i have seen many Canadians boo during the USA national anthem.
madmarck
4/11/07 10:40:35AM

Posted by SteedTheDeed
i have seen many Canadians boo during the USA national anthem.

Where?