The Campaign

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Campaign
ChrisSabal
8/10/12 11:34:02PM
saw the movie at midnight yesterday and I would have to say it was a very funny movie if you enjoy Ferrell and Zack's sense of humor.

The movie seemed to be way more focused on Zack's character(Marty Huggins) then it did on Ferrell's(Cam Brady). The ending is predictable as is really the whole movie but it is a comedy so what do you expect??

I was smiling throughout the movie and laughed pretty hard for a good minute when Marty Huggins' family were all making their confessions. There are more that the trailer doesn't show and they were pretty damn funny.

I would say it is probably the comedy of this year so far unless I am forgetting something because I believe it was better than 21 Jump Street and especially better than Ted.

Overall on a Comedy Movie scale I'd give it a 8/10. -2 points for it being like a roller coaster ride because it started off strong, it slowed down, went strong again and then slowed down again.

george112
8/11/12 12:02:14AM

good analysis. I'll be checking it out
tcunningham
8/11/12 1:09:41AM
i thought Ted was awesome, either way i hope this is a good movie. you cant really go wrong with that cast. good review man, i'll definitely go see it
Twenty20Dollars
8/11/12 1:51:35AM
I believe it was 'Fresh' on Rotten Tomatoes, which I wasn't expecting or at least last I checked it was.

It does look like it could entertaining, even though I'm not always the biggest fans of those two.
40ouncetofreedom
8/11/12 9:48:27AM
Pretty funny,Will is great,Especially the message on the answering machine he left,Had me in tears.

shaneTpain
8/11/12 9:58:47AM
really wanna see this, thanks for posting a review without any spoilers brother
airkerma
8/11/12 12:06:47PM
Cool review, how does it add up to The Watch. I really wanted to see that and thought it looked awesome.
ChrisSabal
8/11/12 12:30:04PM

Posted by airkerma

Cool review, how does it add up to The Watch. I really wanted to see that and thought it looked awesome.

I heard The Watch was pretty bad.
pmoney
8/11/12 12:51:23PM
I saw The Campaign last night, I thought it was pretty good. Not necessarily piss your pants funny, but it had me laughing.

I may have been more excited for the preview of Kevin James' MMA movie though. When I saw Bas Rutten on the big screen, I was like Diego Sanchez: "Yes!!" Apparently I was the only one in the packed theater familiar with "El Guapo".
prophecy033
8/11/12 1:06:41PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by airkerma

I heard The Watch was pretty bad.

yeah, the whole Stiller, Vaughn, Hill thing is getting old. I used toike all three but idk, I just find myself shying away from their movies