Camp Survivor?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Camp Survivor?
FastKnockout
8/1/11 3:56:40PM
Has anyone done this yet? If not, then I'll be surprised. The Survivor side games seem to be very popular, so why not make a camp based edition? Instead of the competitors being individual members of The Playground, we can use members from participating camps. The competitor from each camp can be voted on inside the camp's private forum. Would any of you guys be interested? Let me know what you think, and what you think the rules should be concerning the amount of players to be used from each camp and whatnot.
Theoutlaw08
8/1/11 4:29:45PM
I'm in a very small camp, but would be interested.
kingsmasher
8/1/11 4:40:03PM
You mean like the show survivor? I love that but I know I would have to bring my torch cause the ground has spoken...
Pookie
8/1/11 9:18:57PM
Explain the rules, pweeeeeeeese.
Kpro
8/1/11 10:04:05PM

Posted by Pookie

Explain the rules, pweeeeeeeese.

Ringers win.
FastKnockout
8/1/11 10:04:51PM
I was thinking about using the regular Survivor rules, which is very simple. Oh, and it will only be for UFC events.

-Each member picks one fighter, and if that fighter wins they move on to the next round.
-No limit on how many members are allowed to pick a certain fighter.
-Draws/No contests will be considered a loss.
-If the fight is canceled on the day of the fight, it will be considered a loss.

The only difference will be the number of members from each camp. At first I was thinking only one member from each camp allowed, who will be decided by the camp members. But, I wouldn't care if we had more then one member from each camp added to make the game a little larger.
Pookie
8/1/11 10:06:53PM
So we can't vote out kingsmasher in the first round?

I kid, i kid. Sounds cool.
Kpro
8/2/11 1:05:22AM
I think it'd be a blast to allow a half dozen or so members per camp. I'd have nothing against smaller camps combining, not saying switching camps but teaming up for the tourney, to make 6 either (or whatever number was decided on) so that they're not at a disadvantage. I think we'd want at least a good dozen camps involved, I know The Ringers would be interested.
emfleek
8/2/11 8:28:55AM
Sabotage Inc. would be down. We'll gladly go ahead and accept our 4th place trophy now!
kingsmasher
8/2/11 3:27:26PM

Posted by Pookie

So we can't vote out kingsmasher in the first round?

I kid, i kid. Sounds cool.

I took my pic down cause I know you guys just hated my good looks!!
kingsmasher
8/2/11 3:32:32PM
Not a fan of the rules,,

A cancelled match is a loss or a draw...in the betting world they would be a push...
FastKnockout
8/2/11 4:39:41PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Not a fan of the rules,,

A cancelled match is a loss or a draw...in the betting world they would be a push...

I would have no issue throwing out that rule if enough people disagreed with it. The only issue is the number of camps participating. Most of the active camps on The Playground don't bother posting on the forums.
prophecy033
8/2/11 4:53:15PM

Posted by Kpro

I think it'd be a blast to allow a half dozen or so members per camp. I'd have nothing against smaller camps combining, not saying switching camps but teaming up for the tourney, to make 6 either (or whatever number was decided on) so that they're not at a disadvantage. I think we'd want at least a good dozen camps involved, I know The Ringers would be interested.

I only got 1 other guy in my camp
FastKnockout
8/2/11 4:56:22PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Kpro

I only got 1 other guy in my camp

As mentioned above, you could always team up with another camp for the game so that we all can have even numbers.
pmoney
8/2/11 6:00:27PM
I know this member of The Ringers would be down like a clown! I agree with the stance that cancelled bouts/draws should not count as a loss. I think the rules for JJeans' Sports Survivor is a pretty good template. I think the only thing that should be hashed out is how many members per camp can participate..... P$'s two ยข!