Camp Rankings explaination

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Camp Rankings explaination
bojangalz
10/19/08 10:00:21AM
Is there any way to further clarify how the camp rankings are produced. I know it says "Ranks are determined by a combination of a camp's overall current season win%, average fantasy bankroll, and average point score rank on a per-event basis, by the camp members present at the time of the event lockout."

But can someone further explain how that combination is calculated? I'm just curious how it all comes together. For UFC 89 in the Super Heavy's the Bullies finished 1st in score and percentage, and 3rd in earnings; yet somehow we wound up in 3rd place for the event.

I'm also wondering how the camp members is figured out. I understand it has something to do with the number of members per event, but not quite sure how that works either.

I know that we had 101 members make picks on UFC 89, but the Super Heavyweight directory says that we only had 62.

Thanks for the help.
Rush
10/19/08 10:14:24AM
I don't know the exact numbers, but it is based on the average number of members that make their picks for the season.

Meaning, if you have members that didn't make picks, that will work against your average for the rest of the season. Your ranking is not just based off of the number of members that make picks for the most recent event.

I am not sure how new members part way through the season are factored in. i.e. whether or not their events prior to joining are counted for or against the average member count.
juanez13
10/19/08 10:18:32AM
Fight camp member count is now dictated by the average number of players that were present and participating at the time of each event.

Fictitious example:

Camp B had 30 people participate in UFC 80
Camp B had 29 people participate in UFC 81
Camp B had 30 people participate in UFC 82
Camp B had 15 people participate in UFC 83

30 + 29 + 30 + 15 = 104
100 / 4 = 21, thus they'd be classified as a light heavyweight camp

Because player performances while in a fight camp stick now, this is really the only way to do it

sent to me DoTheMMAth. Our camp had similar problems, we wanted to to drop to MW, but even right now that we have 20 member, our member count is at 26, and we didnt have enough time to bring the average down to the MW limit.
Rush
10/19/08 11:03:01AM

Posted by juanez13

Fight camp member count is now dictated by the average number of players that were present and participating at the time of each event.

Fictitious example:

Camp B had 30 people participate in UFC 80
Camp B had 29 people participate in UFC 81
Camp B had 30 people participate in UFC 82
Camp B had 15 people participate in UFC 83

30 + 29 + 30 + 15 = 104
100 / 4 = 21, thus they'd be classified as a light heavyweight camp

Because player performances while in a fight camp stick now, this is really the only way to do it

sent to me DoTheMMAth. Our camp had similar problems, we wanted to to drop to MW, but even right now that we have 20 member, our member count is at 26, and we didnt have enough time to bring the average down to the MW limit.

There you go, I also want to re-state that the members have to make picks too.
bojangalz
10/19/08 11:48:26AM
Thanks guys! Can anyone give an explanation about the rankings system though?
juanez13
10/19/08 11:59:46AM

Posted by bojangalz
But can someone further explain how that combination is calculated? I'm just curious how it all comes together. For UFC 89 in the Super Heavy's the Bullies finished 1st in score and percentage, and 3rd in earnings; yet somehow we wound up in 3rd place for the event.

Because its based on average of all the events. Meaning that even though your team had a better score than those who are ahead of you for UFC 89, those teams might have done better than yours for past events, therefore still being ahead of you.

Go to the fight camp directory (super-heavies).....above the first place team its says "Display", the one that is on is "full season Total", meaning its the average of your teams score throughout the season, if you click on it, than you can see the scores for each event individually. And you can see how your team had done against other in past events.

hope that helps
bojangalz
10/19/08 12:38:44PM
Yeah, I was looking at that before. I guess I thought that there was an actual ranking for each individual event. But it looks like the ranking is only done on an overall basis. When I clicked on the UFC 89 event, it still had us listed as the #3 camp. But it doesn't look like that ranking changes no matter which event I click on.

I was expecting it to re-rank the camps if I selected a specific event. I've got it now. Thanks for the help.
npayant
10/19/08 12:53:00PM
I'm actually still a bit confused on the whole Camp Rankings System too. The minute I think I have it figured out, I see something that confuses me to no end.

Here's the latest example that is VERY confusing to me:

My team is in first in the Lightweights (no complaints there!!!!)

--- Our memebers are ranked #11 in points, #73 in money AND #31 in points, #83 in money!!!

---BUT, the team in second has 4 members (first of all I thought that meant they should be in the Welterweight division - 4-10 members)

Now, here are their stats:

There members are #537, #5604, #5913, and #6822 in points (not good AT all) AND #57, #4377, #4701, and #5579 in money (also not good)

My question - How are they even in SECOND PLACE?!?!

When you click on their camp it says their rank is #209 (which sounds about right with the stats their putting up), but it has them in 2nd place overall.

Something HAS to be screwed up, right????

Props to anyone who can explain this to me!!!