Camp problems

MMAPlayground.com » Community » Fight Camp Central » Camp problems
moob
12/7/09 1:52:10PM
Not sure if this is the correct place to put this thread, and don't really wanna air our dirty laundry on here, but we're left with no choice.

Our camp leader has become totally disinterested in the camp - doesn't post on the camp MB, in fact has set up his own forum on his own site. I've asked that he had over leadership to someone else, but he hasn't taken well to the suggestion and merely dished out abuse and personal insults.

Other members in the camp wanna start afresh with a new leader - is there any way that an admin can intervene and help us out?
Kpro
12/7/09 1:54:21PM
Mutiny!

With the final event on Saturday, you guys could pick a new leader and all disband to the newly named camp after the weekend starting fresh for next season.

Depends how attached the name is to the camp though for that to work. You could just get rid of "the" though.
moob
12/7/09 2:00:31PM

Posted by Kpro

Mutiny!

With the final event on Saturday, you guys could pick a new leader and all disband to the newly named camp after the weekend starting fresh for next season.

Depends how attached the name is to the camp though for that to work. You could just get rid of "the" though.

Thanks for the advice!

We'd rather not go through all that - just get the guy ousted and continue on as we are.

He's missed 3 event picks this season already.
emfleek
12/7/09 2:04:23PM

Posted by moob

Posted by Kpro

Mutiny!

Thanks for the advice!

We'd rather not go through all that - just get the guy ousted and continue on as we are.

Unfortunately, Kpro's suggestion is about the only thing you can do. We can't force someone to relinquish control of a camp they started and are the leader of. Your best bet would be to rally the troops and start a new camp.

Feel free to contact hippysmacker, but I believe you're basically limited to 2 options...staying in your current camp or starting a new one.
moob
12/7/09 2:07:24PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by moob

Posted by Kpro

Mutiny!

Thanks for the advice!

Unfortunately, Kpro's suggestion is about the only thing you can do. We can't force someone to relinquish control of a camp they started and are the leader of. Your best bet would be to rally the troops and start a new camp.

Feel free to contact hippysmacker, but I believe you're basically limited to 2 options...staying in your current camp or starting a new one.

Cheers.

He didn't actually start the camp, it was started by the long departed Cornish - who left in a fit of hormone induced rage. Someone else took over the camp after him - he got banned, that's when this current leader took over.

Like you've said, I don't suppose the above makes any difference, I'll just need to ride out the current season and start afresh.
emfleek
12/7/09 2:11:25PM

Posted by moob

it was started by the long departed Cornish - who left in a fit of hormone induced rage

I don't believe you...

Rabi
12/7/09 2:17:56PM
Hi mate, as im sure your aware I was part of your camp and I left as I could see Acer was losing interest in the camp after setting up the MMA Hit Pit. Myself included we have 4 former camp members who are very happy in my new camp. ( Rabi, tattflash, Ianinspain and world_mma). I would be happy to have as many new members from the old camp as long as people make all there picks. We also have quite an active forum and discuss all fights. Let me know what you think.
moob
12/7/09 2:42:57PM

Posted by Rabi

Hi mate, as im sure your aware I was part of your camp and I left as I could see Acer was losing interest in the camp after setting up the MMA Hit Pit. Myself included we have 4 former camp members who are very happy in my new camp. ( Rabi, tattflash, Ianinspain and world_mma). I would be happy to have as many new members from the old camp as long as people make all there picks. We also have quite an active forum and discuss all fights. Let me know what you think.

Cheers Rabi - will give it some thought.

Need to consider whether or not I forgive you for not meeting up with us after 85 in Newcastle mind...
Rabi
12/7/09 2:47:02PM
LOL ( 80 ).

The invite is there, we didnt finish this season strong and I will be cutting some players who have missed picks, but any new players who make all picks are welcome in, so we can have a strong season next season.
Ordep
12/7/09 4:30:05PM
I dont like the words "hormone rage" and the unicorn avatar in the same topic.
jae_1833
12/7/09 7:16:03PM

Posted by Ordep

I dont like the words "hormone rage" and the unicorn avatar in the same topic.