"Camp David" is looking for christian members! :)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » Fight Camp Central » "Camp David" is looking for christian members! :)
Next Page »
tunefish
2/2/07 12:29:15PM
All family members of all sorts, feel free to join! :)
elgigante
2/2/07 12:30:23PM
sorry. Jesus already told me to join the Bloodyknux.com camp. And im not gonna be the one to make Jesus cry
tunefish
2/2/07 12:42:39PM

Posted by elgigante

sorry. Jesus already told me to join the Bloodyknux.com camp. And im not gonna be the one to make Jesus cry

Wow, quite a lot of 12 year olds in here it seems....
elgigante
2/2/07 12:47:51PM

Posted by tunefish

Posted by elgigante

Wow, quite a lot of 12 year olds in here it seems....

you christians dont take jokes too well huh? Chill a bit man and good luck to your team
tunefish
2/2/07 12:50:38PM
I can only speak for myself, and I'm bit tired of the old "making baby Jesus cry"-crap. But thnx anyway.
Dai
2/2/07 12:55:03PM
Curse you Kent Hovind!
MississippiRed
2/2/07 1:01:10PM
Man this is gonna be great

Team Camp David vs. Team Satan 666

Cobbs666
2/2/07 4:05:02PM
Good luck Camp David, please dont try to convert any of my members, may the force be with you
Cobbs666
2/2/07 4:37:22PM
i'm sure diego sanchez would love to join
cowcatcher
2/2/07 4:48:35PM
the Hovind avatar is great, is he the future of MMA
tunefish
2/2/07 7:26:02PM

Posted by Cobbs666

Sure, DIego's welcome, and so is Rampage, RIch Franklin, Matt Hughes, Vitor Belfort and a bunch of others! :)
BloodandTears
2/2/07 7:27:47PM

Posted by tunefish

Posted by Cobbs666

Sure, DIego's welcome, and so is Rampage, RIch Franklin, Matt Hughes, Vitor Belfort and a bunch of others! :)

We here at duXup support what your doing.
tunefish
2/2/07 7:28:42PM

Posted by cowcatcher

the Hovind avatar is great, is he the future of MMA

Hehe, not so sure about that one. He's not the most physical man in the world! :p
But thnx! ;)
Ydoc
2/2/07 8:40:10PM
I'm down with that. Send me an invite.
TroubleMan
2/2/07 8:43:07PM

Interesting....

David in the Bible was Jewish. Are you accepting those of Jewish faith, as well?
Cobbs666
2/2/07 8:57:39PM
what is that picture of in the camp david avatar?
BloodandTears
2/3/07 11:00:46AM

Posted by Ydoc

I'm down with that. Send me an invite.

Glad to see you going to camp David! If I didnt have other obligations I'd be there too..
tunefish
2/3/07 2:48:03PM

Posted by TroubleMan

Interesting....

David in the Bible was Jewish. Are you accepting those of Jewish faith, as well?

Sure thing! To be honest, it's not really about who "qualifies" to this camp, but this is primarily a christian camp, so I would suppose it's primarily christians that would be interested. Anyone else would probably just be flaming and write crap, and that's naturally not what I'm going for.

(Btw, Jesus is a direct descendent from David, and is the fulfilling of what David was, which is a picture of Christ, the annointed one, the Messiah. So it's not that simple to just say that "David is for Jews, and Jesus is for the Christians, as Jesus is the fulfillment of what the Jews are actually waiting for. Their eyes just haven't been opened to that revelation yet.)

How about that, a theology-class just for you... well, you started it... ;-)
tunefish
2/3/07 2:50:39PM

Posted by Cobbs666

what is that picture of in the camp david avatar?

That's a picture of the logo we've painted on the wall of our camp. With a little goodwill, you'll see that it's a C and a D ;-)
Cobbs666
2/3/07 2:51:29PM

Posted by tunefish

Posted by TroubleMan

Interesting....

Sure thing! To be honest, it's not really about who "qualifies" to this camp, but this is primarily a christian camp, so I would suppose it's primarily christians that would be interested. Anyone else would probably just be flaming and write crap, and that's naturally not what I'm going for.

(Btw, Jesus is a direct descendent from David, and is the fulfilling of what David was, which is a picture of Christ, the annointed one, the Messiah. So it's not that simple to just say that "David is for Jews, and Jesus is for the Christians, as Jesus is the fulfillment of what the Jews are actually waiting for. Their eyes just haven't been opened to that revelation yet.)

How about that, a theology-class just for you... well, you started it... ;-)

OWNED
MississippiRed
2/3/07 4:03:53PM
David wasn't the picture of Christ. David and Jesus shared no blood due to the immaculate conception if they did share blood( DNA) then it would be grounds for a royal line coming through Mary to Jesus which would make Jesus half man as opposed to God in the flesh.

Good luck with your camp anyway though.
Ydoc
2/3/07 4:26:49PM
You can compare it to a family who adopts a child and grafts them into their family tree. He is God in the flesh but shares David's lineage by placement.
MississippiRed
2/3/07 4:34:40PM
That may be true that they share lineage by adoption but even with that being said David can't be the "picture" of Christ as the poster implied .

Here's my line of logic. I was adopted ( I really was ) so there is no way that one of my ancestor's from my adopted family's line can be the "picture" of me in that we share no line or genetic/blood ties.

Oh by the by I'm enjoying this conversation greatly

Red

tunefish
2/3/07 5:42:38PM
As much as I would love to take this further, I did not have the intention of discussing the Word of God in this thread! ;-)

However, I will reply one last time. If you want to take this discussion further after this, let us please do it elsewhere, either in private or in another thread.
Hope you can understand and respect this request, as this thread was primarily a place where people could report their interest in the camp itself.

Ok, so here goes nothing....

When it comes to the lineage of Jesus, it's clearly described in the gospels (Matt1:1, Luke 3:23), and if you read Romans 1:3-4 it says:

"3 concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
4 and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead..."

It's not difficult to find many other places in the Bible speaking of this, for example Jesus' own words in Rev.22:16

"I, Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David"

When it comes to David being a picture of Christ that's, something I said in connection with David being the anointed king of Israel, which always had the intension of being a temporary forerunner to the Messiah (which means "The Anointed One"), Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
There are also a lot of personal similarities between the two, which makes me say David is a kind of picture of and forerunner to the Messiah that was to come in Jesus. If you don't like the terms I use in that regard, then I won't get offended the least. The most important thing is that you are rooted in the Word of God.
So if you feel like presenting arguments against my personal view on the latter subject, please do so according to the Bible.

Thnx, Benjamin.
MississippiRed
2/3/07 6:00:57PM
I agree this is not the time nor place , I'll drop my email address to you in the next day or so via pm so we can continue our conversation.

I'll leave you with this however. The Bible wasn't written during the time of Jesus it's gospels were written and compiled at a later date and at best were put together based on what the public and the church aristocracy wanted to hear concerning the live and times of Jesus. Also everything in the Bible is open to interpretation hence the infighting among different demoninations of Christianity.

What's written to be the words of Jesus are not , they are the words of the author who claims divine inspiration but that has never been proven. Again to the lineage of Christ it is one of the discrepancies of the Bible as it stands.

Anyway I'll send you that email in a pm so we can continue

Red
tunefish
2/3/07 6:14:59PM
If those are your initial stands on the Bible, then I regret a further discussion won't be much fruitful either. We can talk ourselves blue in the face over this topic, (trust me, been there done that), so I'm afraid I'm gonna have to embrace the wisdom of 2.Tim 2:23 and avoid this discussion.

But hey, we always have MMA to fight over!
corpsegrinder
2/4/07 2:24:19AM
Wow 2 only christians, team satan has 31members
Cobbs666
2/4/07 9:25:10AM

Posted by tunefish

As much as I would love to take this further, I did not have the intention of discussing the Word of God in this thread! ;-)

However, I will reply one last time. If you want to take this discussion further after this, let us please do it elsewhere, either in private or in another thread.
Hope you can understand and respect this request, as this thread was primarily a place where people could report their interest in the camp itself.

Ok, so here goes nothing....

When it comes to the lineage of Jesus, it's clearly described in the gospels (Matt1:1, Luke 3:23), and if you read Romans 1:3-4 it says:

"3 concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
4 and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead..."

It's not difficult to find many other places in the Bible speaking of this, for example Jesus' own words in Rev.22:16

"I, Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David"

When it comes to David being a picture of Christ that's, something I said in connection with David being the anointed king of Israel, which always had the intension of being a temporary forerunner to the Messiah (which means "The Anointed One"), Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
There are also a lot of personal similarities between the two, which makes me say David is a kind of picture of and forerunner to the Messiah that was to come in Jesus. If you don't like the terms I use in that regard, then I won't get offended the least. The most important thing is that you are rooted in the Word of God.
So if you feel like presenting arguments against my personal view on the latter subject, please do so according to the Bible.

Thnx, Benjamin.

tunefish
2/4/07 6:08:03PM

Posted by corpsegrinder

Wow 2 only christians, team satan has 31members

Well, duh.... that only confirms what Jesus said:

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

So no surprises there, my friend.
tunefish
2/4/07 6:09:39PM
And Cobbs666, thank you for contributing with a page-long quote and a smiley. Guess you spent a lot of time on that one.
Pages: [1] 2