Top Camp Badges

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Top Camp Badges
Shawn91111
7/8/08 11:26:20PM
I just noticed that since some teams are moving up to bigger divisions and adding more people, why do these added people, even ones who just opened an account very recently automatically get Top Camp badges from past seasons, when they werent even involved during those seasons?
juanez13
7/8/08 11:29:24PM
great point, and thats one of the things i really dont like currently, people joining camps just to get a Top Camp badge that they didnt help win.

holt8081
7/8/08 11:31:41PM
I would think that the badge is assighned to the Camp as a whole not to each individual person so when some one leave's a camp that badge is gone too. just a guess though.
wolfman
7/8/08 11:34:49PM

Posted by holt8081

I would think that the badge is assighned to the Camp as a whole not to each individual person so when some one leave's a camp that badge is gone too. just a guess though.

It is assigned to a camp as a whole. Therefore, once you join a team with a top camp badge you also receive the badge and yes once you leave a team with a top camp badge your badge leaves as well.
holt8081
7/8/08 11:38:34PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by holt8081

It is assigned to a camp as a whole. Therefore, once you join a team with a top camp badge you also receive the badge and yes once you leave a team with a top camp badge your badge leaves as well.

ya cuz I used to have one in my old camp
bobbydoomocculta
7/8/08 11:43:49PM

Posted by holt8081

Posted by wolfman

Posted by holt8081

Sure ya did Holt...
holt8081
7/8/08 11:50:41PM

Posted by bobbydoomocculta

Posted by holt8081

Posted by wolfman

Posted by holt8081

Sure ya did Holt...

Don't Hate
bobbydoomocculta
7/8/08 11:55:30PM
Just playin... I remember you saying you left some massive camp or something...
Shawn91111
7/9/08 12:08:48AM

Posted by holt8081

Posted by wolfman

Posted by holt8081

Ahhh I see.....sorry about the rant I did not know this, but props for clearing it up
tuvok500
7/9/08 12:10:47AM
i don't think it is a problem to have guys who technically didn't win the badges to have one as well, i think a team is a team and if you join a top team you have the badges too, it make them happy and add some motivation to help to win the next one.

It is a positive thing and if you look at what a team is suppose to be, nobody is bigger than the team and nobody alone is a team.

The badges are actually motivating the new guys to try harder the next season to be able to tell that they contributed to a badges too.

Of course if a new comer start to tell " look at me i have a badges , i am good " he will probably have a lot of guys making fun of him !!

grappler0000
7/9/08 12:11:24AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by holt8081

If that's the way it works, then wouldn't only make sense for a camp badge to only show up for the last season only.

i.e. it wouldn't seem appropriate for a team to win say 5 seasons straight only to have someone join the camp on their first day on the site and inherit 5 top camp badges. on the flip side, someone who was there for all 5 badges would lose them if they left...talk about incentive to stay with a team.
Pookie
7/9/08 12:16:49AM
The only thing i would change, is if you were apart of the winning team, and then they cut you that you got to keep the badge.
wolfman
7/9/08 12:17:10AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by wolfman

Posted by holt8081

If that's the way it works, then wouldn't only make sense for a camp badge to only show up for the last season only.

i.e. it wouldn't seem appropriate for a team to win say 5 seasons straight only to have someone join the camp on their first day on the site and inherit 5 top camp badges. on the flip side, someone who was there for all 5 badges would lose them if they left...talk about incentive to stay with a team.

My thoughts exactly. It doesn't seem right that someone would get those 5 badges when they were not there for any of the 5 seasons, but that is currently how it works.
wolfman
7/9/08 12:24:09AM

Posted by tuvok500

i don't think it is a problem to have guys who technically didn't win the badges to have one as well, i think a team is a team and if you join a top team you have the badges too, it make them happy and add some motivation to help to win the next one.

It is a positive thing and if you look at what a team is suppose to be, nobody is bigger than the team and nobody alone is a team.

The badges are actually motivating the new guys to try harder the next season to be able to tell that they contributed to a badges too.

Of course if a new comer start to tell " look at me i have a badges , i am good " he will probably have a lot of guys making fun of him !!

This is another way to look at it, but I still think it seems unfair. It's like putting in a hard day's work only to be congratulated/awarded along with someone else who did not help you out. I know that is an extreme example, but you get the point.
Shawn91111
7/9/08 12:34:51AM

Posted by tuvok500

I think its the opposite, You have 30 or so guys, well depending on your divison, who spent months and months together as a team, discussing and planning etc in their respective forums and trying to beat 30+ teams and finally getting the top camp badge. Then for new recruits to come in and get a badge for not really doing any of that. In sports you dont get a ring if you join a team the season after they win the championship, the motivation comes from wanting the badge like your fellow camp members have. IMO thats how I look at it
Shawn91111
7/9/08 12:35:55AM

Posted by Pookie

The only thing i would change, is if you were apart of the winning team, and then they cut you that you got to keep the badge.

I agree on this
wolfman
7/9/08 12:40:58AM
EDIT
Shawn91111
7/9/08 12:42:56AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Pookie

I agree on this

EDIT: N/M

Well Mods can give badges, can they take away? So, maybe if a complaint is left by said camp leader then they can remove it. Ahh complications
emfleek
7/9/08 9:09:28AM
Meh...I don't think it's that big of a deal, personally. Badges don't mean a whole lot, imo.
Kracker_Jap
7/9/08 11:49:20AM

Posted by emfleek

Meh...I don't think it's that big of a deal, personally. Badges don't mean a whole lot, imo.

We don't need np stinking badges!
babalu2720
7/9/08 12:07:12PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Pookie

I agree on this

Ya I won a team badge with a different team the first season, lost my badge, and random people who joined the camp after got the badge. I agree that is pretty stupid.
wolfman
7/9/08 2:34:03PM

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Pookie

I agree on this

Ya I won a team badge with a different team the first season, lost my badge, and random people who joined the camp after got the badge. I agree that is pretty stupid.

I agree with you three as well.
Rush
7/9/08 2:56:20PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Well Mods can give badges, can they take away? So, maybe if a complaint is left by said camp leader then they can remove it. Ahh complications

Yes, we can take them away.

My suggestion is to send hippysmacker your idea/request and see what he says.

I think it is fair for a member that contributed to a camp winning keeps their badge indefinitely, regardless if they leave a camp after that season.

I can't think of a reason off the top of my head for a badge to be taken away from someone unless the reason they got it in the first place was due to an error.
see_you_in_hell_brat
7/12/08 5:11:12AM

Posted by tuvok500

i think a team is a team

bwahahhahahaha

you Made me LOL
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/12/08 8:51:48AM
meh, ive been part of my team for both badges... thats all i need to know