Calvin Johnson Breaks the Single Seson Receiving Record

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Calvin Johnson Breaks the Single Seson Receiving Record
BuffaloDave
12/23/12 12:01:53AM
With needing 182 yards in the last two games of the season to break Rice's 1848 yards record, Johnson did so in the 4th quarter. Megatron ended the night with 225 yards. He also set the record for most consecutive 100 yard games with his 8 in a row, and tying Michael Irvin with 11 on the season.

Hope he gets to 2000 yards!! I find it crazy he has all those yards and receptions with only 5 TD's, also Stafford could hit 5k passing yards with less than 20 TD's.
Bubbles
12/23/12 12:15:52AM
as John Gruden said, a lot of those yards are in garbage time when they are down big
Twenty20Dollars
12/23/12 1:33:39AM
Johnson probably could have hit it earlier as I remember he was kinda shut down in a few games where he didn't have many yards.

Now I just hope Peterson can break the rushing record.
Twenty20Dollars
12/23/12 12:24:11PM
Also Watt and Aldon break the sack record
prophecy033
12/23/12 6:58:59PM

Posted by Bubbles

as John Gruden said, a lot of those yards are in garbage time when they are down big

Better than when their up big. Lets me know there still trying to win. Doesnt make it any less impressive in my eye's
BuffaloDave
12/23/12 7:33:42PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Bubbles

Better than when their up big. Lets me know there still trying to win. Doesnt make it any less impressive in my eye's

The only thing is, Defenses play more of a zone, in those instances, so it's much easier to get the yards. Either way I'm with you though Proph. it's still a damn good feat to accomplish.
Bubbles
12/23/12 7:46:28PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Bubbles

The only thing is, Defenses play more of a zone, in those instances, so it's much easier to get the yards. Either way I'm with you though Proph. it's still a damn good feat to accomplish.

oh for sure, I'm not knocking it that feat, but when your team is constantly down 14 points you are forced to throw more and abandon the run.
Twenty20Dollars
12/23/12 8:48:55PM
Don't think AP breaks rushing record unless he has big game, needs like 200+.