UFC Calendar to Grow to 34 Events in 2012

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Calendar to Grow to 34 Events in 2012
gartface
10/7/11 2:40:07PM
HOUSTON -- Saturday night's UFC 136 marks the fourth event in four weeks for the Las Vegas-based promotion.

Get used to it.

The schedule continues to grow at an exponential rate, according to UFC president Dana White, who said that the organization has already penciled in dates on its 2012 calendar.

The final tally? Thirty-four events. That's a serious increase from 2011, which will see 27 live events by the time Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem close out the UFC's year in Las Vegas on December 30.

LINKAGE
Poor_Franklin
10/7/11 2:43:28PM
Budgellism
10/7/11 2:46:12PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

gartface
10/7/11 2:46:52PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Poor_Franklin

grappler0000
10/7/11 2:49:59PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Poor_Franklin

gartface
10/7/11 4:03:41PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by gartface

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Poor_Franklin

On a serious note though...
Twenty20Dollars
10/7/11 4:34:20PM
Uhh, looks like I'll be more busy.
xtinax3
10/7/11 4:43:49PM
pleasse more free awesome fox cards....i pay for every ppv...this chick is going to be broke..and no i dont have friends who watch, and i work saturdays til ten so i ppv and record them...so no bar either...
Chael_Sonnen
10/7/11 4:45:36PM
I love it, keep it coming
prophecy033
10/7/11 5:00:07PM

Posted by xtinax3

pleasse more free awesome fox cards....i pay for every ppv...this chick is going to be broke..and no i dont have friends who watch, and i work saturdays til ten so i ppv and record them...so no bar either...

its nice to see the ladies posting, please continue to do so. Us men tend to stay in line when females are watching over us
Budgellism
10/7/11 5:07:38PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by xtinax3

Us men tend to stay in line when females are watching over us

Ain't that the truth
airkerma
10/7/11 5:13:02PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by gartface

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Poor_Franklin

oops wait
prozacnation1978
10/7/11 5:55:33PM
as long as we get more than one free numbered event
we only got one this year
Hendo67
10/7/11 6:19:49PM
Gah, i love it... but damn, my wallet is going to get bent over pretty good! - The UFC has me trapped, if i go out i spend all this money on drinks, if i stay in... i pay 60 bucks for PPV. Damnit!
BlueSkiesBurn
10/7/11 8:38:42PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by gartface

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by gartface

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Poor_Franklin

oops wait

Can you guys actually add something serious to this thread?

This might actually be TOO much MMA. My wallet should be flat empty after 34 events.
2hotty
10/7/11 9:23:27PM
I think 34 is way too much, Im all for MMA events but fights are losing there hype or there potential hype. Look at the last 4 weeks its UFC overload. Whats wrong with 26 events ? 1 every 2 weeks even that to me is a little much.
To each there own, im glad I have buddies that take turn hosting fights !
mrsmiley
10/7/11 10:35:54PM
I'm happy but cautious about it.
I mean 34 events....Hell yeah!
But 34 events...........Damn!
shaneTpain
10/7/11 11:13:57PM
34 ...see what i did there
Twenty20Dollars
10/7/11 11:14:42PM
I'm actually looking forward to this break from the event this weekend untill the next event, I think it's like 20 days til the next event.

I wouldn't mind every other week or one event and then two week break and then another.

I just want a job where I don't work on the weekends.
KungFuMaster
10/7/11 11:28:08PM
Now I definitely will not be able to keep up with the sport.
Sir_Karl
10/8/11 12:09:09AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

No kidding right? One "numbered event" in 2011 is pretty stingy. I am hoping we get to see less PPV events in 2012 and more events on TV. Unfortunately for us fans the UFC makes an immense chunk of money on their PPV events. A single PPV event with just 500,000 buys brings in over 22 million dollars. I have no clue as to what the UFC makes from their TV events but I doubt it is anywhere near those numbers. In essence all "cable" is PPV to some degree or another but I absolutely can't stand the fact that I hate to have to pay $45 and once in a while $90 a month to view my favorite sport. Fans of other sports really are lucky and do have it good. UFC fans have it pretty good too but it would be even better if we didn't have to pay extra to see our favorite sport. The UFC has to stack that loot though! Although without the massive amount of money they make from the PPVs they wouldn't have been able to get where they are and we wouldn't get to see 34 events this upcoming year.
BlueSkiesBurn
10/8/11 12:53:20AM

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by prozacnation1978

No kidding right? One "numbered event" in 2011 is pretty stingy. I am hoping we get to see less PPV events in 2012 and more events on TV. Unfortunately for us fans the UFC makes an immense chunk of money on their PPV events. A single PPV event with just 500,000 buys brings in over 22 million dollars. I have no clue as to what the UFC makes from their TV events but I doubt it is anywhere near those numbers. In essence all "cable" is PPV to some degree or another but I absolutely can't stand the fact that I hate to have to pay $45 and once in a while $90 a month to view my favorite sport. Fans of other sports really are lucky and do have it good. UFC fans have it pretty good too but it would be even better if we didn't have to pay extra to see our favorite sport. The UFC has to stack that loot though! Although without the massive amount of money they make from the PPVs they wouldn't have been able to get where they are and we wouldn't get to see 34 events this upcoming year.

I seriously hope you guys are joking. You actually give a shit about "numbered" events?

Dude, you guys got two free TITLE fights, one of which features the BIGGEST weight class UFC has to offer, and you're complaining because they didn't slap a number on it?

They could call it UFC: Shit On A Shingle and if it features a free title fight, I don't care.
cowcatcher
10/8/11 5:04:26AM
My dirtbag friends have to come to my house even more next year??? Great...
pmoney
10/8/11 5:41:49AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by airkerma

Posted by gartface

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by gartface

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Poor_Franklin

oops wait

Can you guys actually add something serious to this thread?

This might actually be TOO much MMA. My wallet should be flat empty after 34 events.

I AGREE!!!!!!!

Things may get pricey, but there should be plenty of free cards as well. Fox will have their four, and then FX will have their six or eight or however many it was. I can't believe it though, things are gonna be crazy. Throw in live Ultimate Fighter fights weekly while those seasons are running...

Plus, how about that dual-PPV? Dana better not screw us on this one. The thought of UFC at Saitama Super Arena in Japan being aired as a lead in to another PPV in Las Vegas is driving me loco!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cowcatcher
10/8/11 5:48:13AM

Posted by pmoney

The thought of UFC at Saitama Super Arena in Japan being aired as a lead in to another PPV in Las Vegas is driving me loco!!

Whaaaaaaaa!

Sorry, the thought of that is too much for me to take. You better take it down a notch, too much awesome is still banana-able...
pmoney
10/8/11 6:08:23AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by pmoney

The thought of UFC at Saitama Super Arena in Japan being aired as a lead in to another PPV in Las Vegas is driving me loco!!

Whaaaaaaaa!

Sorry, the thought of that is too much for me to take. You better take it down a notch, too much awesome is still banana-able...

I'm sorry, it's hard to contain. Emoticons hardly do it justice! I was just thinking about it, and in addition to the landslide of UFC action, there have been four different tournaments going on in Bellator at the same time!!!! And tomorrow it continues! On a night with two title fights!!!!!!

:

Also, I wanted to prop you, but then I thought I would congratulate you on hitting 800! That's a great even number, and then if I propped you it'd be 801. I want you to enjoy the number for a bit
Poor_Franklin
10/8/11 11:09:26AM
if i was going to worry about anything, it'd be that my dvr isnt big enough to hold all these

i wonder if this thread broke the playground record for most bananas in a thread, if not....
Twenty20Dollars
10/8/11 11:56:16AM

die you effing banana
Bubbles
10/8/11 4:39:28PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

if i was going to worry about anything, it'd be that my dvr isnt big enough to hold all these

i wonder if this thread broke the playground record for most bananas in a thread, if not....

i dont think it has yet...

it should now
Bubbles
10/8/11 4:41:26PM
my initial reaction when i saw the headline: