Could Cain Velasquez do what Brandon Vera said he would

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Could Cain Velasquez do what Brandon Vera said he would
« Previous Page
POLL: Can he Do It
Yes 30% (14)
No 70% (33)
Franklinfan47
8/18/08 9:30:27PM
I personally think its a stupid question to ask right now. The guys got a few good wins early in his career. Who knows if he'll ever make it to a title fight let alone win in two divisions.
hotrodttt
8/18/08 11:19:57PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I personally think its a stupid question to ask right now. The guys got a few good wins early in his career. Who knows if he'll ever make it to a title fight let alone win in two divisions.

The reason why I psoed the Question is because I see all of the Potential to be a Champ in both Weight Classes and I said LATER DOWN THE ROAD when he gets more high Profile Wins then he could Challenge for the Title
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
8/20/08 6:41:50AM

Posted by Mackavelli

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

I wrestled Cain Valsquez three years ago at 197lbs....

I thought he was a heavy weight in college. How did you do against him?

He finished as a heavyweight. But yea, i got murdered. On a lighetr note I pinned CB Dollaway.
cowcatcher
8/20/08 11:17:09AM
well first off its way early to talk about this, like a few others have said, but heres what really bothers me: why is everyone so hung up on guys switching from one weight class to another? why cant the guy just be an up and coming HW and maybe title contender there in a year or 2? i think this whole switching weight classes debate, and others like it have been brought on by the keyboard warriors out there that are hellbent on making p4p rankings so important to the internet chatrooms. im not saying he couldnt make lhw, but why would he, hes just a puppy in the sport and at this point should be more worried about establishing himself as a legitimate HW(which he is on his way to doing) than anything else. for right now id rather see where he stands against top 5-20 competition, and once hes made a name for himself ill start to think about him expanding into other weight classes.
Kracker_Jap
8/20/08 6:11:39PM
I just watched the Lesnar fight again......

He will destroy Cain

breakdown5
8/20/08 6:20:04PM
I just don't see him cutting weight unless he can't hack it in the HW division, and I don't see him not being able to hang with the best in the division at HW. This question will be much more relevant if and when he actually holds one title.
Pages: 1 [2]